We came across interesting new jobs at Big Blue Bubble, Phoenix Labs, Limitless Games, and Rovio – and they’re looking for a Sound Designer (ON, Canada), Technical Audio Designer (BC, Canada), Sound Designer (Spain), and Senior Sound Designer (Finland).
We also found openings for a Technical Sound Designer at Hexany Audio (CA, US), Audio Programmer at Deep Silver FISHLABS (Germany), Audio Engineer at Imprint Music (ON, Canada), Audio Engineer Intern at Bang Energy (FL, US), Audio Engineer at Wipro Limited (MI, US), Stage Sound Designer at Virtual Room (France), Sound Designer at Blizzard (Overwatch 2) (CA, US), Assistant Professor – Sound Design and Technology at Louisiana State University (LA, US), Audio Engineer (DSP) at Razer Inc. (Singapore), Sound Designer at Orizon GmbH (Germany), Art & Audio Outsource Manager at Proletariat (MA, US), Premium Content Manager – Music at Twitch (Remote), and Dialogue/ ADR Editors, ADR Supervisors, Re-Recording Mixers at Artistry In Sound.
Highlight – sound stories this week: Get the in-depth story behind both music and sound design for The Haunting of Bly Manor. The Featured Sound Creator category helps you find some of the absolute gems in sound effects – please meet SoundMorph:.
Company: Big Blue Bubble
Location: London, ON, Canada
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada at the time of application. Candidates must have one of the following to be eligible for consideration – Canadian Citizenship, valid Permanent Resident status, valid Protected Person status or a valid open Work Permit.
Big Blue Bubble is looking for a Sound Designer with a passion for gaming to join our Sound Design team. In this role, you will focus on designing sound and audio content for our games, with creative guidance and insight from the production and design teams. You will tackle challenging and novel situations every day to create rich sound and audio that fits the game experience being developed.
In this position, you will be responsible for:
- Creating and implementing world-class sound design and composing and mixing music for in-game use.
- Assisting in driving onsite sound recording sessions: sound effects, foley, ambience, etc.
- Continuously playtesting our games to ensure exceptional sound quality, and identify sound-related bugs.
- Providing post-production support for marketing material, including sound design and music.
- Diploma in Audio Engineering or related experience.
- Highly proficient with DAWs like Cubase, Pro Tools, etc.
- Excellent sound design and foley skills.
- Strong music composition, mixing and mastering skills.
- Experience creating and putting sound and music to visuals.
- Up-to-date knowledge of latest audio technologies.
- Experience assisting in recording sessions.
- Technically savvy and capable of learning new programs and software needed to create and edit sound.
- Ability to learn and take direction.
- Experience with game development tools such as Unity, SVN/GIT, JIRA.
- Experience in contributing to an audio “concept” for a product.
- Previous experience in sound design, preferably in games.
- Previous experience with Cubase
- Familiarity with C#
- A clear communicator.
- Attention to detail.
- Imaginative and out-of-the-box thinking.
- Self directed.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Enthusiastic about gaming culture.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Big Blue Bubble is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from queer, transgender, Indigenous, BIPOC, d/Deaf and disabled applicants. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments – if you require accommodations at any point in the application or recruitment process please submit them in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about Big Blue Bubble, click here.
Company: Phoenix Labs
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Phoenix Labs, developers of Dauntless, are looking for a Technical Audio Designer to join our team. This role bridges the gap between Programming and Sound Design. You will be required to troubleshoot, de-bug and implement audio through scripting and node-based/object oriented programming.
This is a technical role and therefore familiarity with scripting languages, knowledge of C++ and an understanding/interest in Audio Programming is essential. The successful candidate will act as a liaison between Audio Designers and Software Engineers in all disciplines to reach our quality goals and improve systems and workflows.
The Technical Audio Designer will be the investigator, doing a deep dive on systems and sharing the findings with the Audio Director and team to improve our workflows and knowledge base. The successful candidate will have a direct role in developing new tech on exciting, creative and dynamic gameplay.Responsibilities:
- Optimising audio development workflows.
- Authoring technical audio documentation.
- Troubleshooting errors and investigating solutions.
- Implementing new technology, updating Middleware to new projects and platforms.
- Pursuit of quality improvements as a result of critical listening.
- Sound design and mixing as necessary based on workload of the team.
- Liaison with multiple disciplines to reach audio goals.
- Manage audio data budget, Wwise SoundBank structure and loading, and run-time audio optimization.
- Work closely with various disciplines (art, design, and engineering) to ensure audio systems are incorporated into all aspects of game-play and fully realized.
- Help define the audio vision of the game by working with the Audio Director and Audio Team.
- 3+ years experience and at least 1 shipped title.
- Advanced knowledge of Unreal Blueprints.
- Passion for quality in Game Audio.
- Familiarity with industry standards for AAA Audio experiences.
- Experience in Middleware, DAWs, Plugins and audio software.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and obsessive attention to detail.
- Experience managing pipelines and build processes.
- Experience scripting in C#.
- Basic experience programming in C++.
- High level of proficiency with Wwise in Unreal and Unity.
- Proficiency in Sound Design using Reaper and other industry tools.
- Experience with DSP programming.
- Experience shipping a AAA game title.
We make games because we love them, and because we love the way they bring people together.
When we established Phoenix Labs in 2014, it was with the hope of creating a place where diverse teams of people could come together to build deep multiplayer games. We’ve assembled an experienced, passionate team of 100+ developers across our locations in Vancouver, BC, and San Mateo, CA.
Our first game, Dauntless, launched in 2019, and was the first game ever to release with true crossplay and cross-progression. Since then, we’ve watched our community grow to 20+ million players across four platforms. We’re also backed by Garena, our long-time partner and one of the largest forces for gaming in Southeast Asia and emerging markets.How to apply
Please send your cover letter and resume/CV to email@example.com
Company: Limitless Games
Location: Barcelona, Spain
We are looking for a Sound Designer to join the sound design team. The Sound Designer will work in coordination with the other team members and Game Director to create a satisfying landscape for the game.Please note that this position is not a remote role. You will be required to work onsite.
- Work closely with the Audio Team to help shape our game’s audio vocabulary, style, and standards.
- Design and implement sound assets for the game.
- Build an audioscape to immerse the player into the game’s world (including effects, ambient, creature sounds, etc.)
- Adhere to audio schedule and deliver assets on time.
- Give input on the game design and support how to create gratifying audio feedback for the player.
- Work with Design, Animation, VFX, and programmer Leads to ensure that audio works in-game and matches the vision for specific levels as well as the overall design of the game.
- Participate in the creative process of creation for playable characters and enemies.
- Help and support our QA team with tracking bugs and fixing those bugs.
- Prior experience in the application of sound design to the making of a video game.
- Strong, demonstrable audio design and editing skills.
- Experience implementing sound into Unreal Engine using Wwise.
- Experience with audio design, dialogue recording, processing, and editing.
- Mastery of any DAW, preferably Pro Tools.
- Programming or scripting proficiency is a plus.
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
- Passion for audio.
- Passion for games.
Please send us your cover letter, CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that this job position is only available if you are an EU citizen or have a valid work permit to work in Spain.
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Application Deadline: November 1, 2020
Rovio’s Audio team defines how our games and products sound and how audio should be used at Rovio. We are extremely passionate about all things revolving around audio and we pride ourselves in creating immersive and emotionally engaging audio experiences for all Rovio’s products.
As a Senior Sound Designer you will be responsible for designing and implementing player-centered and emotionally engaging high quality audio content for game projects. You will work closely and collaborate with other members of the audio team and communicate with game designers, artists and producers on multitude of exciting new projects and IPs. When needed you will also supervise external projects and outsourced audio content creation.
- Plan, record, design, process and implement player-centered and emotionally engaging high quality audio content for game projects from prototyping phase to global launch
- Plan out the audio identities and requirements for projects, identify possible risks and implement processes to achieve the objectives
- Able to do all audio content implementation tasks by utilizing audio tools and middleware or programming
- Actively collaborate with game teams to support their audio needs and communicate the progress of audio tasks
- Supervise external projects and outsourced audio content creation
- Help to develop and maintain the audio tech pipeline, tools and roadmap from sound design perspective
- Support the Head of Audio / Audio Director on overall vision, roadmap and strategies of the audio craft
- Mentor junior sound designers, and provide guidance and feedback
- Solid experience in game audio development, preferably with 5+ years of experience, experience in mobile games is a big plus
- Excellent and versatile skills in sound design
- Good self-management, organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently while having a great team player attitude
- Good knowledge and knowhow in common audio middlewares, especially in Audiokinetic Wwise
- Good understanding of game audio technical requirements
- Good knowledge and knowhow of microphones and studio / location recording
- Good knowledge of common DAWs, especially Reaper is a big plus
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Fluent in English, and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in game scripting or other relevant programming skills
- Understanding of non-linear game audio methods and approaches
- Understanding of specific requirements and restrictions in mobile game audio
- Passion for mobile games and exploring new ideas in mobile gaming
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in an audio related field
- Comfortable designing sounds for a multitude of themes and genres
- Shipped titles on Audiokinetic’s Wwise audio platform
- Experience in using Tazman Audio Fabric
- Music skills are a plus, but we are NOT looking for composers
- First round: You will meet the Head of Audio and one of our sound designers. We want to know who you are and what motivates and inspires you. We will also dive deeper into your qualifications and skills in audio. You will have an opportunity to learn more about Rovio and the specifics of the role and ask questions.
- Second round: You will complete a two-part assignment consisting of designing sounds and implementing them with Audiokinetic Wwise
- Final round: You will be invited to meet members from the Audio team. This will be an informal chat to learn about each other in a casual setting and for you to experience our team culture.
We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis so we encourage that you to apply as soon as possible!
What to expect when you join us
Meet the Rovians