We came across interesting new jobs at Crytek, Cryptic Studios, Sumo Digital, and EA Vancouver – and they’re looking for a Junior Audio Designer (Germany), Sound Designer (CA, US), Lead Sound Designer (England), and Audio Director (BC, Canada).
We also found openings for an Audio Coordinator at Altagram Group (Germany), Sound Designer at Covenant (Remote), Audio Technology Specialist at Apple (CA, US), Lead Sound Designer at IO Interactive (Denmark), Audio Lead at Riot Games (Singapore), Audio Lead at Riot Games (Hong Kong), Contract Audio Designer at Playground Games (England), Dialog Coordinator at PlayStation (CA, US), Audio Marketing at Cadence Design Systems (CA, US), Audio Intern at POLITICO (VA, US), and Audio Assistant Production Manager at Princess Productions (England).
Location: Frankfurt, Germany
- Designing, implementing, testing and maintaining game audio using CryEngine 5.X audio pipeline.
- Recording, editing and post-processing linear media such as audio libraries, trailers and development diaries.
- Assists in composing and producing music for linear and adaptive media.
- Assists in recording, editing and post-processing of dialog and localization.
- Assists in quality assurance duties such as debugging and optimization.
- Assists in creating technical documentation and tutorials using CryWiki and CryEngine Forum.
- Assists in performing duties as Audio Module Owner and oversee the audio component of a feature or area.
- Provides input to department and project status meetings, stand-ups and scrums.
- Successful completion of a certified audio education program or academic studies.
- Profound knowledge of PC-based pro audio software, such as Nuendo, Cubase, Pro Tools, Reaper and VST PlugIns.
- Basic knowledge of audio middleware software such as Wwise, FMOD Studio or CRIWARE.
- Basic knowledge of CryEngine tools and production pipeline.
- Basic knowledge in estimating tasks while understanding dependencies.
- Profound verbal and written communications skills in the English language.
- Creative approach to audio design and game audio.
- Ability to take direction well, seek advice when encountering problems and able to solve minor problems independently.
- Competent interpersonal and organizational skills with a positive team attitude.
- Passion for playing and creating video games.
- Profound knowledge of audio middleware software such as Wwise, FMOD Studio or CRIWARE.
- Basic knowledge of competitor Game Engines such as Unity, Unreal or Lumberyard.
- Basic knowledge of programming or scripting languages such as Python, C# or C++.
- Experience in other realms of Audio Production or Composition.
- Profound skill playing an instrument.
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Working with cutting edge technology.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- Support with your first accommodation and help in finding a private apartment….and many more!
Company: Cryptic Studios
Location: Los Gatos, CA, US
Cryptic Studios is seeking a full-time Sound Designer. We need someone who can oversee all audio requirements for our upcoming games at the highest level of quality and create original and compelling soundscapes. If you can compose in your sleep and come up with brilliant ideas for original content, this may be the job for you! Located in Northern California in Los Gatos, Cryptic offers the fun, focused and casual atmosphere of an independent developer. We work hard, we play hard, and we always balance the demands of the job with the personal lives of our employees. We are committed to breaking new ground in gaming and we only hire the best and most talented people who love the work, the genre and the game. If you’re looking for a position where you can help shape the future of MMORPGs, apply today!What you’ll be doing:
- Designing, creating, editing and mixing original audio content in accordance with each game project’s design goals.
- Establishing a unique audio vision and strategic plan for each title.
- Completing all project requirements at the highest level of quality, overseeing all audio and music production with minimal direction.
- Organizing and managing time, and tracking and coordinating asset lists, tasks, schedules, budgets and external contract work as required.
- Working closely with programming, production, design and art staff to help create, maintain and optimize audio pipelines and integration processes.
- Organizing and carrying out location sound recordings when necessary.
- Working closely with Cryptic’s Director of Audio to assist in the growth and development of the department.
- Evaluating new software/hardware/games and determining what ideas or processes Cryptic can leverage. Keeping up with competitive products and upcoming releases.
- Maintaining audio and computer equipment, in-house SFX libraries, etc.
- Assisting with localization needs for each project.
- Involvement in a minimum of two complete project cycles as a professional sound designer in the industry. A proven track record with AAA console or PC titles is preferred.
- Strong creative and technical sound design skills.
- A keen ear for well-performed and implemented in-context dynamic SFX, voice and music.
- A high degree of proficiency with professional audio software and hardware.
- Knowledge of surround mixing techniques. * Experience working with game audio engines, tools and middleware (FMOD, Wwise, etc.). Ability to quickly learn and adapt to proprietary software and project pipelines for audio integration.
- Excellent organizational skills. Ability to multitask effectively, prioritize competing demands and follow through on details.
- A passion for games and for creating the best audio in the industry, and the ability to articulate that passion clearly and analytically from an audio perspective.
- College degree or four years’ equivalent game or broadcast audio industry experience is recommended.
- Strong music composition skills.
- Experience with audio programming.
- Experience building and maintaining original SFX and sample libraries.
- Managerial experience.
- Ability and willingness to learn proprietary and consumer user interface tools
- Excellent communication skills and a positive, professional attitude while working under multiple deadlines
- BA or BS degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience
- Experience with scripting or programming languages (C, C++, etc.)
- Avid gamer on multiple platforms
- Familiarity with, and passion for Cryptic Studios’ IP’s
Resume Applicants should submit samples of their audio work. Include a written description of each sample, identifying in detail your contribution. Actual gameplay footage and/or fully-scored CG or film/video cinematics are preferred. Any supplemental materials demonstrating skills relevant to this position (music, non-game audio production and sound design, etc.) are also welcome.What Cryptic Offers:
- A fun tight-knit team
- Full-Time role
- Paid Holiday, Sick Time & Paid Time off
- Health Insurance & Perks
- Company social events
Company: Sumo Digital
Location: Brighton, UK
The Chinese Room has established a reputation as one of the most creative and exciting studios in the UK. We’re proud to be internationally recognised as pioneers of storytelling with a flair for creating atmospheric, rich and imaginative games.
As a Sumo Digital studio, The Chinese Room is built on passion, on finding amazing people and letting them shine. It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo , winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio; big things are on the horizon. If this sounds like a place where you’d like to make games, then we’d love to hear from you.
We are seeking an experienced, talented Lead or Senior Sound Designer to join the team and help create incredible games!
The Chinese Room has carved out a reputation for world-class audio design with multiple nominations and wins for international awards including BAFTA, GDC Awards, Develop, TIGA, G.A.N.G., DICE, SXSW.
You’ll be creating and implementing original SFX using Sumo’s in-house library and field recordings as well as helping to source and record new material; working alongside our design, art and code teams to integrate audio as a central pillar of our games. You’ll take responsibility for driving quality throughout, with involvement of every aspect of audio development from concepting through to final mix.
We’re passionate about all aspects of audio, including music and voice-acting, and this is a great opportunity for a designer who shares that passion and wants to be part of this exciting studio’s future.Within this role you will:
- Create world-class, original SFX using a range of sound design methods and techniques
- Have an in-depth understanding of Wwise middleware.
- Have audio at the forefront of everything you do, presenting audio interests within cross-discipline feature groups
- Mentor a junior audio designer and embed best practice principles in their work.
- Full cycle work experience as an Audio Designer on at least 3 shipped titles
- Demonstrable sound design skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Advanced working knowledge of Wwise middleware
- Good knowledge of field and studio recording
- Familiarity with Foley recording and application.
- Experience in working with sound to picture.
- Ability to mentor junior team members
- Strong communication skills and ability to liaise with clients.
- Experience with sprint planning and review
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Well organized and self-motivated
- Strong creative sound design skills
- High technical ability.
- Current gen console development/production
- Experienced Reaper user
- Comfortable running dialogue sessions
- Experienced working alongside composers to integrate and optimise music
- Experienced in multichannel sound design
- An understanding of current developments in interactive audio
- Working experience of creating UE4 Blueprints or similar visual scripting
- Experienced in project management software such as TFS.
Our titles include the ground-breaking Dear Esther (2012), cult horror Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs (2013), the VR fairy-tale So Let Us Melt (2017) and the open-world adventure Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture (2015), a PlayStation 4 exclusive that won major awards across the world. This included an amazing 10 BAFTA nominations and 3 BAFTA wins.
We bring our passion and commitment to creating exciting original games to a network of studios renowned for quality and expertise. Being part of the Sumo team enables us to expand and grow in ambition and confidence, taking our reputation for storytelling into new genres. Our most recently announced game, Little Orpheus, is an Apple Arcade exclusive and we’re working on other unannounced ‘AAA’ titles that will further establish our award-winning style and reputation.
We offer a superb benefits package including generous holidays and flexi-time. We care about our people, with an emphasis on the work/life balance and out of office events such as our legendary Sumo ‘Big Day Out’, plus epic Christmas parties and much more! Our regular studio Game Jams are a highlight – winning concepts can go on to commercial release, so far including Snake Pass and the upcoming Spyder for Apple Arcade.
The Chinese Room is located in Brighton in the south of England, home to an amazingly vibrant game development scene and a cultural hotspot with fantastic food, arts, music, shopping and sports. The studio is directly opposite a gorgeous park and we’re only a short hop from the city centre, the beach, and the South Downs National Park. Gatwick Airport is only half an hour away from train, and you can be in central London in just over an hour. It’s an easy place to love!
Our environment is relaxed, friendly and built upon the basis of every team member having the opportunity to shine and have a realisable input into the games we create. We’re in the amazing position of building a brand-new team, and creating a studio culture that’s all about passion, respect, diversity, fun and togetherness. We’re looking for people that love what they do and love to share their enthusiasm with each other.
Company: EA Vancouver
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
EA’s Create Audio is an award-winning team creating audio content for titles within EA STUDIOS. Create Audio unites creative talents and technical expertise to drive industry leading audio through partnership, professionalism, expertise, innovation and uncompromising quality. There are many exciting projects underway and we produce progressive audio content for in-game products from multiple studio locations.Role
Create Audio is seeking an industry visionary to be the Audio Director for an EA Sports title at our Vancouver location. This dynamic position is an integral member of the game development core leadership team and is tasked with crafting an end to end audio vision for the project. As a senior leader for Create Audio this role is responsible for helping to shape and drive the team to achieve excellence in Audio.Responsibilities
- Work with the audio team and game team partners to establish a strong creative audio vision.
- Communicate and execute vision, at all levels.
- Own the final mix and audio quality of the game.
- Advocate and design audio pipeline features and workflow processes.
- Bring out the best in your team members and peers.
- Collaborate and communicate with multiple studios across the world.
- Help build a stronger audio community within EA.
You have experience in all phases of audio design and production with proficiency in every step of the pipeline; studio and location recording, from precision editing and design to technical implementation, as well as an ability to inspire and lead an audio team.
- Minimum of seven years game audio or related industry (film) experience, in a leadership capacity.
- Strong artistic and creative sensibilities, with a focus on developing and driving an audio vision.
- Proven track record delivering high quality audio content for games and/or films.
- Expert knowledge of modern sound creation techniques, processing and standards.
- Has general experience using game development tools, technology and/or pipelines.
- Highly skilled in the areas of mixing and presentation in all formats.
- Analytic thinker and problem solver in a collaborative environment.