We came across interesting new jobs at DDB, WWE, CD PROJEKT RED, and Splash Damage – and they’re looking for an Audio Engineer (IL, US), Freelance Audio Engineer (CT, US), Audio Programmer (Poland), and Senior Audio Designer (England).
We also found openings for a Sound Designer at Hi-Rez Studios (GA, US), Contract Assistant Audio Artist at EA (Spain),
Contract Audio Artist III at EA (CA, US), Post Production Sound Engineer at The Walt Disney Studios (CA, US), Acoustic Engineer at Apple (GD, China), Voice Actor at Snail Whale Studios (Remote), Audio Lead at Second Dinner (CA, US), and Audio Algorithm Designer at Vertex Solutions (Belgium).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for an Intern at Hexany Audio (CA, US), Sound Designer/Sound Design Apprentice at Defacto Sound (Remote), Procedural Audio Engineer at Apple (CA, US), and Sound Designer at Gamanza (Serbia). Happy job hunting!
Highlight – sound stories this week: Introducing the new sound community Discord server – hope to see you there too!. The results are in: Here are 117+ ideas for new sound effects libraries. Feeling creative? Design the sound for this video for a chance to win excellent SFX libaries from Sound of Essen & more!
Location: Chicago, IL, US
Studio 225 is looking for an audio engineer! We’re looking for a self-starter who isn’t afraid to ask questions and is always willing to go the extra mile for the right sound. We’re looking for someone with at least 3 years in a post audio environment, whether you’ve been elevated to an engineering position yet or not.
- Extensive ProTools knowledge
- Organized and efficient workflow
- Knowledge of mic techniques and recording
- Stereo and 5.1 surround mix abilities
- Sound design capabilities
- Basic ADR abilities
- Source Connect knowledge
- ipDTL knowledge
By bringing together diverse thinkers with different backgrounds and perspectives, we validate Bill Bernbach’s notion that an idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.
We seek out people who challenge themselves, have a relentless curiosity, and overcome anything thrown their way.
Location: Stamford, CT, US
• Studio Shoots working with multiple talent, lav mics, IFB
• Post Production:
• Multiple DAW’s (Fairlight and ProTools)
• Understanding of Large Format Consoles
• Training provided for Avid System 5 and SSL C-100
• Voice to Picture, Sound Design as well as some light On Air work (SAP commentary, not Full A-1 Duties)
• Short and Long Format Mix to picture work
• Must be extremely flexible. Ability to cover nights, weekends, and Holidays. As well as, ability to accommodate last minute schedule changes given busy production environment
• Opportunity for growth working with extremely seasoned production personnel
• 3-5 years’ experience in this field
• 5 days a week availability
• Must be able to thrive in pressure situations and multitask with ease
• Must be flexible to meet business needs
• We foster and thrive around team environment
Company: CD PROJEKT RED
Location: Warszaw, Poland
Our mission is this: we want to deliver bleeding edge, mature role-playing games with a deep focus on storytelling, and we want to wrap them in an honest, good value for money package gamers find worth their hard earned cash. We’d love all games and gamers to be treated like that, and we’re working hard every day to make that happen.
CD PROJEKT RED is looking for a skilled Senior Audio Programmer to join our award-winning Warsaw studio. In this position you will work with our ambitious audio team to craft new systems and technologies which push the boundaries of what is possible for sound in games. As a Senior Audio Programmer at CD PROJEKT RED you will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic and highly creative environment and have a direct impact on the sound and development of critically acclaimed AAA video games. If you can see yourself taking on cutting-edge audio challenges and defining the frontier of audio in games: join us!Daily responsibilities
- Designing and developing novel audio systems for the Red Engine such as acoustic simulation, localisation and dialogue, and audio AI.
- Maintaining and improving existing systems to ensure performance and functionality.
- Supporting the sound designers in implementing audio.
- Co-ordinating with many departments to facilitate and promote audio integration in other areas of the game.
- 3+ years coding experience in the industry.
- Passionate about game development and Interested the potential for audio in games.
- Strong teamwork skills and a desire to work closely with the sound designers.
- Ability to comprehend unfamiliar code and work across many systems in the code base.
- Skilled in C++ and designing code systems.
- Shipped at least one high profile title.
- Experience on consoles.
- Experience with game audio, acoustics, dsp, AI, designing tools, processing geometry.
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere.
- A chance to work in a booming industry, within an international team.
- Private health care (Enel Med, Medicover or Lux Med).
- 24/7 gym for CDPR employees with personal trainer on-site and a Multisport card.
- 2 canteens, 5 fully equipped kitchens, fit vending machines and various foodtrucks.
- Free library with a wide range of games and books.
- Many social activities and parties.
- A dog-friendly office.
- Fresh fruit twice a week for everyone in the office, a wide choice of tea, fancy coffee machines and a few types of milk 🙂
- From 20 to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- Step by step assistance and a ‘Relocation Package’ for new staff willing to relocate to Poland.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees.
Company: Splash Damage
Location: London, UK
Come join us!
We founded Splash Damage with a mission to create lifelong friendships for our players and our employees by building the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences with world-leading partners. Our teams have just celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics and we’re currently working on several exciting unannounced titles.
Our people always come first, and we acted swiftly to ensure that we moved all our employees to a work from home model during the COVID-19 outbreak in the UK, and this will continue for the foreseeable future. With our first-class virtual onboarding programme, we’re able to get you up and running remotely during this time and we’re maintaining our relaxed and welcoming culture with digital social events, daily company communications and much more. With the relaxing of travel and quarantine restrictions in the UK, we are now relocating new team members from outside the UK to London prior to starting their employment with us. This gives new Splashers the opportunity to establish a home in the local area, before joining their teams in working remotely until such time as we return to the studio. We will continue to monitor the situation in line with government advice, and look forward to having all of our amazing staff back into the studio as soon as it is safe to do so.
We’re advocates for work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements to suit individual needs and a comprehensive benefits package which focuses on family and mental well-being. Together with this we’ve been running a formal Equality, Diversity and Inclusion programme for nearly two years and are committed to increasing diversity across our studio.
We are seeking a Senior Audio Designer with a strong track record/portfolio including previous successful AAA shipped titles and experience of managing a team of other Audio Designers / and Audio Department.
• Have been Senior Audio Designer or significant experience in the games industry with at least 2 complete cycles of shipped AAA titles
• Produce world class sound effects from the team’s original source recordings
• Set the audio quality bar on all projects, define best working practises for the audio team
• Have in-depth knowledge and experience with many types of microphones and recorders
• Be able to organise and engineer large-scale field recording sessions with dozens of mics and multiple recorders
• Have a good understanding of many types of music, ability to communicate with composers using music terminology and direct the composition of music
• Work with script writers and voice providers to ensure all speech / dialogue in all projects is of high quality
• Have experience with game audio middleware such as Wwise
• Familiar with industry standard audio software such as Reaper and a wide variety of plugins
• Be able to tracklay, mix and master linear media such as trailers and cinematics to high quality
• Experience mixing in 5.1 and 7.1 surround for games and linear media
• The proven ability to design cutting edge game audio tools to drive speech/sfx/music in innovative ways
• Is competent with Unreal 4
• Have experience performing and recording Foley, and working with Foley providers
• Be able to foresee and mitigate potential technical audio issues, identify problems and quickly resolve them
• Be able to oversee and manage a localisation pipeline
• Provide mentoring for other members of the audio team
• Experience with other game engines such as Cryengine and Unity
• Keep up to date on industry standards and developments in sound production and mixing techniques in other fields such as film and music
• A degree in music or sound design
• A basic understanding of how code is written is a plus
• Experience with video editing tools such as Vegas and Premiere
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.