We came across interesting new jobs at Donkey Crew, CD Projekt RED, Arturia, and Sledgehammer Games – and they’re looking for a Sound Designer (Poland), Audio Director (Poland), Sound Design Team Lead (France), and Senior Sound Designer (Australia).
We also found openings for a Research Intern, Audio (PhD) at Facebook (WA, US), Sound Designer at Creative Assembly (England), Software Engineer – Sound Content at Ableton AG (Germany), Senior Software Engineer, Voice Input at Magic Leap (Remote), Audio Education Specialist at Central European University (Austria), Sound Designer & Mixer at Discovery Communications (TN, US), and Audio Streaming Programmer C/C++/C# at HoloMeeting (Remote).
Company: Donkey Crew
Location: Wroclaw, Poland
• Produce original sound assets.
• Design and implement sound effects within Unreal Engine 4’s new audio engine.
• Work closely with the audio lead and whole audio team to maintain cohesive sonic aesthetics.
• Use and help to develop custom in-house tools and sound systems.
• Edit and post-process voice overs.
Ideally you’ll have:
• 2+ years experience in sound design for games
• At least one PC/console title published, where you were a core member of an audio team
• Recording experience, both in studio and field
• Experience in working with UE4’s new audio engine
• Good knowledge of UE4’s blueprints
• Good knowledge of Reaper
• Experience in working with voice overs
• Proficiency in English
We offer you:
• Competitive salary
• Fun and relaxed environment
• Chance to work in a team of very passionate people where you can make a real impact
• Relocation support for foreigners; including social security, health insurance, and general assistance with settling
Company: CD Projekt RED
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Our mission is this: we want to deliver bleeding edge, mature role-playing games with a deep focus on storytelling, and we want to wrap them in an honest, good value for money package gamers find worth their hard earned cash. We’d love all games and gamers to be treated like that, and we’re working hard every day to make that happen.As an Audio Director you will be responsible for how our games sound. You will oversee designing the soundscape elements and all the aspects of audio in the living, breathing worlds that we develop.
- Defining, improving and executing the vision for the best quality audio in CDPR games.
- Leading by example in the day-to-day creation of interactive sound elements for quests, environments and gameplay.
- Overseeing and participating in the audio post production for cut-scenes, dialogues and marketing trailers.
- Managing the team of sound designers.
- Maintaining high-quality standards of audio content production within the team.
- Reviewing the work of sound designers and mentoring them in new techniques and creative ideas.
- Preparing and presenting the progress of the audio team in sprint and milestone reviews.
- Finding innovative ways to use audio and to support the narrative of the game.
- Working closely with composers to ensure a consistent audio aesthetic and make a great-sounding game.
- Working closely with audio programmers and providing a creative perspective for the audio tools and technology.
- Working with the audio producer across content departments to manage and improve content pipelines for audio.
- Representing audio team in front of other creative directors and evangelizing the importance of audio within the company.
- 8+ years experience in gaming audio.
- Proven experience (2+ years) in directing a game audio team.
- Experience in the production of cross-platform AAA games on PC and consoles.
- Exceptional management skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Devotion to quality and creativity in sound.
- Enthusiasm towards teaching/mentoring.
- Fluent English.
- Expertise with Wwise would be an asset.
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere.
- A chance to work in a booming industry, within an international team.
- Private health care (Enel-Med, Medicover or Lux Med).
- 24/7 gym for CDPR employees with personal trainer on-site and a Multisport card.
- 2 canteens, 5 fully equipped kitchens, fit vending machines and various foodtrucks.
- Free library with a wide range of games and books.
- Many social activities and parties.
- A dog-friendly office.
- Fresh fruit twice a week for everyone in the office, a wide choice of tea, fancy coffee machines and a few types of milk 🙂
- From 20 to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- Step by step assistance and a ‘Relocation Package’ for new staff willing to relocate to Poland.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees.
Location: Grenoble, France
At the heart of innovative musical instrument development, you will join a team of Sound Designers in charge of defining sound identities for our products. You will contribute to making sound design a differentiating asset for the company.Your responsibilities will be the following:
- Coordinate sound design activities and resources under the supervision of the Director of Product Management
- Organise activities, relying on internal and external resources
- Act as team leader for the internal Sound Designers (2 people)
- Develop and coordinate our international network of external Sound Designers
- Establish sound design specifications for our products, in collaboration with the Product Manager
- Create quality sound content aligned with our brand identity, for: our software and hardware products (presets) our sound banks (presets), and our promotional videos (composition)
- Liaise efficiently with other teams (Product Managers, Test team, Marketing, etc.) to contribute to collective performance
- Degree in sound design, music or equivalent experience.
- Significant experience in sound design, synthesis, sampling, music composition, music production techniques used across contemporary music genres.
- Knowledge of, experience with recording, mixing, mastering, exporting audio, file formats, terminology, general best practices.
- Experience with at least one professional DAW (Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, etc.)
- Excellent leadership, organizational and communication skills.
- Familiar with a broad spectrum of music styles, the ability to classify music into genres and sub-genres.
- Detail oriented.
- Fluent English required (oral/written), French is a plus.
If you are willing to join passionate teams and a growing international company in the music industry, send your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to: email@example.com
Company: Sledgehammer Games
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Located in the San Francisco Bay Area and Melbourne, Australia were the video game development team behind Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Call of Duty: WWII. Since our founding in 2009, our greatest passion has been making AAA games. The strength of our team makes us not only excellent at what we do, but also how we do it. We firmly believe in supporting our talented employees to be the best they can be. Here at Sledgehammer Games, everyone is a game maker.As we head into decade II of development, were focused on constantly evolving, innovating and taking risks which are some of the most rewarding aspects of game development. With world-class audio, design, engineering and art teams, weve been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry. We love what we do and work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last. Creativity is key, and were looking for talented game developers for our exciting next project.
Sledgehammer Games is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.sledgehammergames.com or search for Sledgehammer Games on your favorite social media platform. Want to hear what its like at the studio directly from current employees? Check out our #LifeatSHG developer profiles: https://youtu.be/12DUBszg-w4
Sledgehammer Games is looking for a passionate and experienced game Sr. Sound Designer to help create a fresh new AAA aural experience for our next project. You will be involved in virtually every aspect of game audio content development alongside one of the most passionate and experienced audio teams in the industry.
- Interactive and linear sound effects design.
- In-depth real-time audio-control scripting.
- Audio asset implementation.
- Mixing & mastering.
- Field recording.
- Dialog processing.
- Music editing.
- Audio tools & run-time systems design collaboration.
- Demonstrated creative and technical achievements in sound design.
- Minimum seven years of experience in game audio development.
- Shipped at least five major titles.
- Fluency in game audio implementation systems.
- Experience in game audio scripting or other relevant programming environments.
- Understanding of PS4, XBOX One, and PC audio functionality, capabilities, and limitations.
- Experience with major digital audio workstations, and power-user of at least one.
- Solid understanding of technical audio theory and audio engineering.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Exceptional organization skills.
- College degree preferred.
- Continuing Education Certificate, Professional or advanced degree in audio engineering, music, or similar preferred.
- FPS/Multi-player experience a plus.
- Experience with Radiant game development software a plus.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world’s largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty, World of Warcraft, Overwatch, Diablo, Candy Crush and Bubble Witch. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for Every World – weve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Sledgehammer Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.