We came across 3 interesting jobs at Hangar 13, Magic Leap, and EA Audioworks – and they’re looking for a Sound Designer, Audio Programmer, and Audio Director 1.
Company: Hangar 13
Location: Brno, Czech Republic
The Sound Designer will be responsible for design and implementation of audio assets for game cinematics. The job duties also include working with the rest of the audio team to streamline the audio content implementation pipeline and the creation of temp assets for quick iteration into game cinematics. You would work closely with the Media Director and other developers to achieve a breathtaking gaming experience at the very edge of the possibilities of our target platforms (PC, XONE, and PS4).
• Designing and implementing audio assets for cinematics
• Linear sound effects, field recording, dialogue processing, and music editing
• Mixing and mastering for realistic and stylized projects
• Close collaborating with cutscene editors and animators
• Audio reel demonstrating strong sound design for film-feeling settings. Preferably a sample of a film, a short-film, a cartoon, a game cinematic … on which you’ve worked with an explanation of your contributions to the footage
• Excellent understanding of film grammar audio implementation techniques and concepts
• Proven skills mixing and editing dialog, music, and sound effects for sound-to-picture projects
• Power user of DAW audio tools such as Pro Tools, Cubase, …
• Advanced written and spoken English
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Nice to have:
• Experience with implementing audio in game engines such as Unity, Unreal, …
• Experience with audio authoring tools such as FMOD, Wwise, …
• Written and spoken Czech language
• Interest in developing video games
• Attractive work on globally famous AAA games in a successful company for one of the biggest publishers
• Access to the most up-to-date SW/HW and technologies
• Flexible working hours
• Games and consoles to borrow
• Employee benefits (sick days, meal vouchers, refreshment at work)
• Company events for employees
If you are interested in this job opportunity, send us please your CV in English, a short letter of motivation also in English with an explanation why you are interested in this particular job, and a link to your online portfolio/website with your current work).
Company: Magic Leap
Location: Plantation, FL, USA
An Audio Programmer at Magic Leap contributes to both integrating audio for Mixed Reality experiences in current production, and he or she also conducts R&D on behalf of advanced concepts. You will work with a small team dedicated to developing innovative audio tools and workflows for a cutting edge Mixed Reality platform.
The ideal candidate is a quick and enthusiastic learner, an excellent problem solver, and embraces both the creative and technical challenges that arise at the interstices of new frontiers in computing, audio, and interactive entertainment.
• Responsible for the development, maintenance, and enhancement of interactive audio tools and delivery systems.
• Contributing to the build of an innovative Mixed Reality Audio Tool Kit
• Creating scripts, and writing and updating audio editing tools within a game editor, resulting in real-time 3D sound placement.
• Creating real-time DSP type effects for use in games and experiences.
• Integrating new digital processing techniques into Mixed Reality experiences.
• Advancing current environmental audio effects and tool sets.
• Testing and debugging
• 5+ years professional experience developing software in both C# and C++
• 2+ years experience integrating and programming audio for games.
• Experience with multiple scripting languages and interactive audio toolsets
• Knowledge of both low and high-level language programming
• Working knowledge of Audio/DSP effects programming
• Deep knowledge of Unity3d runtime and editor coding
• Substantial familiarity with at least one audio middleware platform (Wwise preferred)
• Strong understanding of interactive audio design and production, and a passion for developing innovative audio programming and delivery methods, and best practices, for interactive games and Mixed Reality experiences.
• Experience making modular runtime and tools software, and sharing those tools across projects
• Practical understanding of 3d math (vector operations, bounding volumes, transform operations)
• Ability to work to deadlines
• Excellent organization and communication skills
• Ability to work independently and also within a multidisciplinary team
• Ability to provide and accept critical feedback in a professional manner
• Experience working with Unreal
• Familiarity with Procedural Sound Design (PD)
• Facility with a traditional musical instrument
• Familiarity with mixing, sample rates, data compression filters, reverbs, etc.
• Experience implementing and mixing for 3D spatialized audio and interactive environments
• Experience/interest in making custom abstract behavior and/or interactive music systems (Game AI)
• Computer science-related university degree or equivalent experience
Company: EA Audioworks
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada
Audioworks team has a full-time Audio Director opportunity at our studio in Vancouver, Canada to contribute creatively to our future IPs. We aim to redefine action games and bring the highest quality innovative games to players.
Role and Responsibilities:
We are seeking an audio visionary for our Audioworks team. This role is dynamic and multi-faceted, working with core game team partners to craft an end to end audio vision for an ambitious new project. As a leader on the Audioworks team you are responsible for delivering a high quality and engaging audio experience as well as being a major contributor to our audio community.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for video games, with an overwhelming drive to create a world class audio experience.
• Work with the audio team and dev partners to establish a strong creative audio vision.
• Communicate and execute vision, at all levels.
• Own the final mix of the game, cut scenes, and marketing videos
• Advocate and design audio pipeline features and workflow processes
• Bring out the best in your team members and peers.
• Collaborate and communicate with multiple studios across the world.
• Help build a stronger audio community within EA.
You have experience in all phases of audio design and production, with proficiency in every step of the pipeline; studio and location recording, from precision editing and design to technical implementation.
• Minimum of ten years game audio or related industry (film) experience, in a leadership capacity.
• Strong artistic and creative sensibilities, with a focus on the big picture.
• Proven track record delivering high quality audio content for games and/or films.
• Has general experience using game development tools, technology and/or pipelines.
• Expert knowledge of modern sound creation techniques, processing and standards.
• Highly skilled in the areas of mixing and presentation in all formats.
• Analytic thinker and problem solver in a collaborative environment.
• A passion for a variety of AAA games, such as action, adventure, open world and shooters.
• Positive attitude
Please note: While music is critical to the emotional impact of the game, this position will not involve any composition work.
EA’s Audioworks is an award-winning team creating audio content for titles within EA STUDIOS. Audioworks unites our creative talents and technical expertise to drive industry leading audio through partnership, professionalism, expertise, innovation and uncompromising quality. There are many exciting projects underway and we produce progressive audio content for in-game products from multiple studio locations.