We came across interesting new jobs at Marvel, High Voltage Software, Sounding Sweet, and Wargaming – and they’re looking for an Audio Editor, Audio Designers, and a Senior Audio Designer.
We also found openings for a Technical Sound Designer at Survios (CA, US), Graduate Audio Programmer at Codemasters (UK), Sound Designer at IO Interactive (Denmark), and an Audio Producer, Associate Audio Producer and Audio Focused Development Manager at Marvel (NY, US).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for a Senior Audio Designer at Triotech, Director of Audio Development at Marvel, Audio Recording Engineer at UMKC Conservatory, Studio Runner at Wisebuddah, Audio Designer at ESPN, Audio/Video Engineer and Sound & Lighting Technician at Long Wharf Theatre, and Associate Composer at Hexany Audio. Happy job hunting!
Company: Marvel New Media
Location: New York, NY, US
Marvel New Media is seeking an Audio Editor who will be integral to the operation and growth of the audio component of its podcast, studio, field, and live event business. The Editor must have extensive knowledge of the post-production process to ensure that expectations and deadlines are met. The primary task is editing and the editor should be able to conceptualize ideas and assemble media assets into high-quality dynamic content that supports our brand, and business objectives. The Editor will also work to ensure that every audio project created meets our standards and adheres to our guidelines. They must be able to manage multiple projects at various stages of production simultaneously. Organizational and collaborative skills as well as an ability to prioritize are a must.
Candidate will report to the Director of Audio Development.
• Assemble audio into rough, fine and final cuts while maintaining professional standards
• Add music, sound effects and detailed sound edits to increase the quality of each audio project
• Collaborate and work seamlessly with the rest of the audio team, as well as freelance audio producers and tape syncers as needed
• Receive and implement notes from producers, senior leadership, and other project stakeholders
• Provide audio correction and sound mixing support or guidance when needed for both audio and video projects
• Organize workload, manage priorities, meet deadlines and work well within a fastpaced, multi-tasking environment
• Quality check audio files and deliverables to ensure all assets meet standards, appropriate specs and are ready for upload and archive
• Track time daily to ensure post-production schedule is maintained
• Report any issues that might impact progress or quality
• Mentor Junior Video Editors and Assistant Video Editors to help them develop their post-production knowledge and skills when it comes to working on audio within their own projects
• Troubleshoot technical issues as required or report any technical issues to IT
• At least 3-5 years of prior audio post-production experience
• Mastery of Pro Tools, iZotope software, and studio, field and post-production audio work
• Detailed technical knowledge of audio formats and ability to work with multiple audio tracks at once
• Ability to remain calm and professional in high stress situations
• A problem solver who can troubleshoot technical and editorial issues
Bachelor’s degree (Music/TV/Film/Journalism or related field) or equivalent work experience
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world’s most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family.Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Digital Media Group LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Digital Media Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer.Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Company: High Voltage Software
Location: Hoffman Estates, IL, US
With studios in Hoffman Estates, Illinois and New Orleans, Louisiana, High Voltage Software is a world-class, award-winning game developer with over 26 years’ experience. We are searching for a talented Audio Designer to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will help to raise the quality level of audio in our titles as well as engage with a world-class team to create amazing gaming experiences.
• Create and implement audio assets for various key assets at a high quality
• Coordinate with game and design teams to solve problems and create amazing audio
• Work with UE4 blueprints and data assets to hook up and test audio assets
• Evaluate audio mix and implementation of audio assets in-game and adjust according to needs
• Help with linear trailer or promo video sound edit and mix
• Manage and prioritize assigned tasks, with a focus on achieving goals on schedule
• Use of field recording and broad library knowledge in sound design
• Creation of original music
• Manage multiple complex tasks
• Asset export and implementation into UE4
• Test and verify your work on target hardware
• Links to portfolio (required)
• Resume (required)
• Experience designing, editing, mixing, mastering and implementing content for interactive and linear media
• Firm grasp of audio engineering fundamentals for studio and field recording
• Experience with Unreal or Unity editors, including scripting, level editor, animation and linear editors
• Experience with audio middleware and implementing audio assets into game build
• Ability to design and implement audio scripting to achieve desired in-game audio features and dynamic playback
• Experience of minimum 3 years as part of an audio team and having shipped at least two titles
• Strong self-management, organizational and problem solving skills, ability to work independently while having a great team player attitude
• Positive, solution-oriented and independent approach to work
• Please include a 3-5 minute video file with diverse footage from games you have worked on as well as a cue sheet or superimposed text explaining your contributions to the footage with your application
• Passion for video games
If you’d like to be part of building a visually stunning game and this sounds like a challenge for which you’ve been looking, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume with a reel and we’ll be in touch soon.
• Only online artwork submissions are accepted.
• Must be willing to complete an audio test if requested to do so.
• All positions are located at our office in Hoffman Estates, IL.
How can High Voltage supercharge your future?
High Voltage Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by Federal, State or local law.
Company: Sounding Sweet
Location: Coventry, UK
Sounding Sweet is an independent recording and audio production company that specialises in the production of sound for video games.
Our studios are located just outside Stratford Upon Avon and we are looking for an experienced audio designer to join our in-house team on a contract basis.
- Excellent sound design skills!
- Expertise in tracklaying sound effects to videos, Foley recording, dialogue editing and mixing.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the most common audio production software packages such as Pro Tools Ultimate, Reaper and RX Advanced.
- Location and field recording proficiency using professional equipment such as Sound Devices Recorders, DPA microphones, Ambient Timecode and Audio Ltd. wireless systems.
- Familiar with ADR and dialogue recording, using ISDN, Source Connect and Pro Tools.
- Experienced in the use of Audiokinetic Wwise, Unreal Engine and Unity.
- Surround sound mixing and mastering experience using Pro Tools HDX with MTRX, Dante and Dolby Atmos hardware desirable.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience working in a technical audio post-production or game audio design role, having significantly contributed to delivering the audio for at least two feature films or AAA game titles.
- Excellent attention to detail!
A self-starter, proactive, strong communicator, conscientious, team player, hardworking and friendly!
Your application should include:
A cover letter explaining your interest in the role and why you would be a good fit for the team as well as link to your sound design showreel and CV.
Hours to be discussed. Please note, this is NOT a music production role.
Location: Berlin, Germany
We are looking for an Audio Director or Sr Audio Designer to help create multi-platform AAA games. You have a good understanding of Unity development and are comfortable with multi-platform projects including mobile, PC, and consoles.
In your Cover Letter letter please include the following):
– List of games you’ve created audio for
– Links to any music you have composed
– Links to any other audio related work you have done for film, television, or additional media
The Senior Audio Designer/Audio Director reports directly to the Executive Producer
What will you do?
- Define the tone of audio soundscape for the game
- Conceptualize and create unique sound effects
- Proactively work with the development team to implement sound effects; ability add audio hooks within C# code
- Utilize technical skills to ensure sound effects meet game requirements including voice channel limits, memory management, prioritization, etc.
- Investigate sound effect issues to debug, fix, and ensure sounds play correctly in the game
- Communicate ideas and technical details clearly with other teams/departments
- Create and maintain the audio schedule
What are we looking for?
- Self motivated with the drive to push the audio quality to the highest standards
- Highly proficient at original sound effect creation, mixing, and processing
- Understanding of audio physics principles
- Experience with Unity, Wwise, REAPER, Pro Tools, Logic, Live, Audition, Sound Forge, Waves, and other plugins
- Proficient with multitrack project mixing software/hardware and session set-up
- Experience with mixing stereo and surround sound formats
- Thorough understanding of audio compression technologies and surround sound formats
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Playing an instrument is a plus
- Ability to compose music a plus
What we offer:
- Joining an international team of people passionate about gaming
- Working in one of the main European hubs for mobile game development
- Startup within a company with 20 years of experience in game development
- Unlimited leave upon manager approval
- Public transportation ticket
- Company cell phone of your choice
- Gym membership
- Snacks, drinks, and fruit in the office
- Home Internet reimbursement
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!