We came across interesting new jobs at Microsoft, Bungie, Ubisoft Montreal, and Blackbird Interactive – and they’re looking for an Audio Designer (WA, US), Contract Music Editor and Mixer (Remote), C++ Sound Programmer (QC, Canada), and Audio Designer (BC, Canada).
We also found openings for a Software Engineer – Audio filter design tools at Dirac (Sweden), Technical Audio Designer at CD Projekt (Poland), Lead Audio Designer at Ubisoft Blue Byte (Germany), Localisation and Editorial at Creative Assembly (England), Sound Designer at Q Department (NY, US), Audio/Music Developer at Art+Logic (CA, US), Manager, Software Engineering, AR\/VR – Audio Algorithms at Facebook (CA, US), and Audio Software Engineer at Embark Studios (Sweden).
Location: Redmond, WA, US
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating diverse groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more. We’re a growing team of talented engineers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. We believe there has to be a better way. If you do too, we need you!
You are drawn to working on the latest and most innovative products in the world. You seek projects that will transform how people interact with technology. You have a drive to grow your skillset by finding unique challenges that have yet to be solved. We are looking for a Audio Designer to come join us in delivering the next wave of holographic experiences in an exciting new project.
- You will work on the creation of audio effects, sound effects for delivery of our products
- Partner with industry-leading Engineers, Artists, Designers and Producers
- Work with state-of-the art next generation hardware, sensors, and software
- Incorporate the latest AI, Machine Learning and Computer vision capabilities into the design of our products
- At least 3 years of experience working on AAA games, including development on current-gen consoles.
- Expert working knowledge of Game engines (I.E Unity, Unreal Engine, etc.)
- An incredibly keen ear for game audio production detail.
- A proven track record of world class technical audio design skills.
- Strong location and studio based SFX recording experience.
- Avid follower of cutting-edge game audio techniques and new technologies.
- Excellent communication skills.
There are plenty of other skills that aren’t required, but you’ll find useful in this role.
- Augmented or Virtual Reality
- Unity, Unreal or related game engines
- Working with the US Military or other government contracts
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Do you have the “golden ears” and organizational skills to help an audio team to achieve their full potential? Can you ensure that production schedules and scopes can be met predictably and within expectations, and can you craft and evaluate audio content to ensure that it meets a high quality and consistency bar? Most importantly, do you enjoy audio production and want to contribute to the creation of memorable media? Bungie currently has a unique opportunity that requires these skills.
Our current mission is to add a new member to our Audio Team. Bungie is looking for a multi-talented music editor and mixer with strong post-production and technical audio skills. Your work will help deliver media to be enjoyed by our community. If you enjoy playing games, bring your experience to the Audio Team at Bungie.
Estimated Duration: 12 Months
During these uncertain times and rapidly changing environment surrounding COVID-19, all positions at Bungie are subject to onboarding and working virtually/remotely.
- Coordinate between the Audio and Marketing Teams to provide audio support for marketing assets
- Edit music, sound design, and dialogue/voiceover for linear and non-linear media
- Final mix for marketing media and game use
- Provide feedback and approval of audio and mix for external media
- Coordinate with the Audio Team to provide music suggestions for new marketing assets
- Collaborative team player with strong communication skills
- A proven track record in music editing and mixing for multimedia
- Proficient with digital audio production techniques
- Excellent mixing and mastering skills
- A basic understanding of music and keen ears
- Technical computer skills and capable of quickly learning new software
- An interest in interactive audio
- Advanced Pro Tools ability
- Experience with implementation in Audiokinetic Wwise
- Experience with Reaper
- An interest in games
Company: Ubisoft Montreal
Location: Montral, QC, Canada
Ubisoft Montreal is looking for you, C++ Sound Programmer!At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
- The sound programmer will ensure that the audio pipeline meets sound-related project needs.
The main and routine tasks of the sound programmer are to:
- Compile and understand a project’s sound-related intentions and set out development needs;
- Assess existing features in the sound engine and establish whether they meet project intentions;
- Suggest audio pipeline improvements by determining project needs and designing and implementing new systems whenever required;
- Manage and challenge the audio memory resources and CPU budgets;
- Work in close collaboration with the audio designers so that they can carry out the design intentions and remain on budget;
- Ensure clear and structured programming, keeping in mind performance, maintenance and compatibility requirements;
- Validate and verify whether the newly developed systems meet project intentions and are coherent with the existing code;
- Identify and correct the bugs determined by other working units and the quality control team;
- Document the work to transfer knowledge and enable users (other working units) to understand how to use the new systems and sound features;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in general programming or computer engineering or equivalent training
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in sound programming or any other relevant experience.
- Solid analytical and synthesis skills;
- Problem-solving skills;
- Autonomy and resourcefulness;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Flexibility when organizing work;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Ability to adapt to change;
- Results focus;
- Knowledge of terms, compression formats and audio middleware;
- Knowledge of production working units.
Company: Blackbird Interactive
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Blackbird Interactive is looking for a creative and talented audio designer to join our team. We are deeply passionate about audio, in every way. From sound effects, to speech, to music, we love how such a small piece of the overall work can have such a huge impact on the ability for our games to stir your soul.
- Sound design and implementation of project assets.
- Working with audio director to establish creative and technical goals.
- Identifying ‘pain-points’ in the implementation process and proposing solutions.
- Quality control review for the project’s audio (pre-CQC) on all applicable platforms.
- Monitor deliverable progress, manage assigned scope and requested changes, meet commitments
- 5+ years game audio experience
- At least one shipped AAA game product (PC or console)
- Exceptional game audio implementation skills with multiple toolsets (Wwise, Fmod, etc.)
- Extraordinary linear sound design with a proven understanding of dynamics, timing, and emotion.
- Proven capability to work on multidisciplinary project teams, able to handle changing priorities throughout a product life cycle
- Effective communication skills across all levels and disciplines
- Multi-platform (PC/Console) shipped product experience
- Experience with programming and/or visual scripting such as Max/MSP, PureData, Csound, Unreal 4 Blueprints
- High-level understanding of programming concepts
- Experience playing modern RTS games such as Starcraft and Company of Heroes, as well as MOBAs like League of Legends.
At Blackbird, we’re all about being true to our roots. We started small in our CEO’s garage, and even though we’re expanding, our desire is to stick to that foundation of creativity, community, and collaboration. Our team has proved that great ideas can come from any position in any discipline, so it’s important to us to make sure every voice is heard.
Work/life balance is extremely important to us, and we’ve demonstrated that over the years by severely limiting over-time requirements. We want people to be happy about coming to work every day, and to that end we offer lots of opportunities for growth and development–whether it’s lunch and learns, team events, or our generous vacation days, paid holiday closure and flexible schedules. We also try to provide every opportunity possible for our employees to spearhead R&D initiatives through our BlackOps program. In short, don’t expect to feel like a cog in a machine working for BBI.
Must be eligible and available for Full Time & On-site work in Vancouver, BC.Please send a cover letter with your resume and application. If applying for an artistic role, please provide a link to your portfolio and/or demo reel.
Blackbird Interactive is committed to diversity and building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. BBI does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.