We came across 4 interesting jobs at Respawn, Deck13, Infinity Ward, and Frontier – and they’re looking for Sound Designers, an Audio Post Production Producer, and an Audio QA Tester.
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for a Sound Design Intern at Facebook, Audio Designer at Netflix, Junior Sound Designer at NetherRealm, and Temporary Composers Assistant at Blizzard. Happy job hunting!
Location: San Fernando Valley, CA, USA
Respawn Entertainment is a AAA game development studio that was founded in 2010 by former co-founders of Infinity Ward and creators of the multi-billion dollar Call of Duty and Modern Warfare franchises. In 2017, Respawn was acquired by Electronic Arts, a leading global interactive entertainment publisher. We have shipped Titanfall and Titanfall 2 to critical acclaim, and are currently hiring for our Star Wars ™, Titanfall, and Unannounced VR game development teams. Our motto is gameplay first, and the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry awaits our future team members.
We’re looking for a highly skilled Sound Designer who will embrace our culture and share his/her hard-earned expertise to create an incredible experience for our players. We’re picturing someone who is passionate about the Star Wars ™ Universe, with an appreciation for audience immersion and a knack for making worlds come alive. If this sounds like you, we’re looking forward to seeing your resume!
What You’ll Do…
• Work closely with the Audio Lead to help shape our game’s audio vocabulary, style, and standards.
• Design and implement unique and compelling sound assets for the game.
• Create top-notch audio that will immerse the player into the game’s world (including effects, ambient, Foley, creature sounds, etc.)
• Implement sounds directly into the game engine (Unreal 4.)
• Adhere to audio schedule and deliver assets on time.
• Work with Audio, Design, Animation, VFX, and Engineering Leads to ensure that audio works in-game and matches vision for specific levels as well as overall design of the game.
• Edit and implement audio assets such as dialogue, sound effects, etc.
• Troubleshoot and help fix audio bugs.
• This person will not be responsible for composing music for the game.
Ideally, you will have…
• 3+ years’ experience in a sound design role for video games, film, etc. Record of success creating sound for major titles desired.
• Significant platform game audio experience a must. Shipped AAA games a plus.
• Strong, demonstrable audio design and editing skills.
• Experience implementing sound into the game engine.
• Strong experience with audio design from scratch, field recording, Foley, as well as dialogue recording, processing, and editing.
• Mastery of major audio software packages such as Wwise, ProTools, Nuendo and Sound Forge.
• Strong audio technical expertise. Programming or scripting proficiency is a plus.
• Excellent communication skills.
• A positive, solution-oriented attitude.
• Passion for audio.
• Passion for games.
Location: Frankfurt, Germany
Start date: immediately
• An audio enthusiast, especially in the realm of game development and SFX
• Self-managing and self-motivated — you are able to produce high-quality work with minimal supervision
• A team player — you know that a great end product requires cooperation and trust between many individual contributors
• An adaptable problem solver — you are able to rapidly change direction when priorities shift, proactively seeking solutions and staying focused on the most relevant project goals
• Become a full member of our sound design team
• Organize and manage the sound department
• Create sound design concepts to fully realize an acoustic environment that reinforces the intended game experience
• Create sound assets for all aspects of our games (characters, combat, ambient, UI, cinematics, etc.)
• Create concepts for dynamic music and work closely with external musicians
• Implement sound assets via FMOD Studio and our in-house game editor FledgEd
• Work closely in an international and interdisciplinary team, with members of different departments (game design, story, tech, art, and production)
• Develop new audio based functionalities together with the tech team
• Professional experience with FMOD Studio and/or FMOD Designer
• Professional experience with Presonus Studio One or a similar DAW
• Professional experience in Sound Design for games
• Can provide a showreel or a sample of your work
• Preferred: Shipped at least one published console or PC title
• Preferred: Experience with managing audio production schedules
• Preferred: Degree in digital media or sound studies
Company: Infinity Ward
Location: Woodland Hills, CA, USA
Infinity Ward’s Audio Department is seeking a talented Producer with post-production experience to support our sound pipeline. In this role, you’ll oversee all aspects of post-production. You’ll support the audio team across the project and act as an integral part of the production process including technical supervision, scoping, scheduling and budgeting. Reporting to the Audio Director, the Producer will work closely with the rest of the Production team and all department Leads to create and track project schedules.
• Provide accurate and timely project management information to all stakeholders.
• Drive the creation of a flexible project plan including milestone deliverables, requirements definition, team member assignment, capacity planning and release planning.
• Work with the team to ensure clear definition, prioritization and communication of goals.
• Identify and anticipate risks. Present solutions.
• Provide regular reports of key actions and risks at various levels of detail.
• Help develop and evolve new and existing production methodologies at Infinity Ward.
• Co-ordinate with partners/studios within Activision.
• At least 2 published titles as a Producer or Project Manager in Entertainment.
• Track record of project planning being successfully executed leading to the timely delivery of quality products.
• Strong time-management skills with the ability to focus on priorities, manage change and deliver on agreed deadlines.
• Strong ownership and responsibility for the work, an advocate for the post-production process.
• Exceptional organizational skills and ability to coordinate activities.
• Exemplary written and verbal communication skills to help facilitate and mediate.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and project management software, e.g. Hansoft, Jira, Grasshopper.
• Proven ability to work under rapid development cycles.
• Experience working with external teams.
• Passion for games and their development.
• Positive, self-starter attitude.
• Passion for your job and for team work.
• Open-minded personality and team-player mentality.
• Knowledgeable of our games.
• Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative.
• Comprehension of the technical budgets of game development a plus.
Company: Frontier Developments Ltd
Location: Cambridge, UK
High quality internal QA testing is something we focus on in all our games. Testers have a key role in our developments, and will work closely with art, design and programming colleagues on a game project.
We are seeking technically minded communicators who are looking to challenge themselves in a role that includes both working as part of a team, as well as on individual assignments. If you have strong technical knowledge of the leading consoles and PC, a background and/or an interest in audio and a great pair of ears with a passion for games and game-play, we’d love to hear from you!
While the position being advertised is for a Graduate role, we would also welcome applications from those who already have experience so please send us your CV! Successful candidates will play test, destructively test, regress, create test suites, generate reports and provide general game feedback to aid the internal Audio and Development Teams.
• Maintaining, running and creating test suites for both new and existing projects
• Finding and reporting issues in a clear and accurate manner
• Regressing both internal and external issues
• Completing ad-hoc requests made to the QA team
• Providing support to Audio developers as needed
• Inquisitive and technical mind
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast changing environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Pro-active and self-motivated attitude
• Creative thinker
• Computer literate
• Proven logical and methodical approach to problem solving
• Track record of working well within a team
• Background in Audio
• Knowledge of JIRA and Test Rail
• Video game enthusiast
• Wwise experience
• Strong technical knowledge of the leading consoles and PC
• Games or software industry experience
• Degree qualified