We came across interesting new jobs at Run Studios, EA Vancouver, Proletariat, and Space Ape Games – and they’re looking for an Audio Engineer (WA, US), Audio Software Engineer (BC, Canada), Audio Designer (MA, US / Remote), and Content Creator / Community Manager (England).
We also found openings for a Dialogue Sound Designer at Sega Europe (England), Sound Designer at Starbreeze (Sweden), Associate Quality Designer (Audio) at Criterion (England), Audio Director at Obsidian (CA, US), Senior Sound Designer at Scientific Games (NV, US), Audio Engineer at Intel (Shanghai, China), Contract Sound Designer/Mixer at Crooked Media (CA, US), and Sound Designer at Orizon GmbH (Germany).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for a Studio Technical Engineer via The Halp Network (CA, US), Audio Manager at Iron Galaxy (IL, US), Lead Sound Designer at IO Interactive (Denmark), Audio Programmer at Pole Position Production (Sweden), Senior Hardware Engineer at Interfacio (Central Europe), Production Assistant/Pro Tools (Spanish fluency) at Freelance Project (CA, US / remote), and Audio Beats System Engineer – ANC (active noise cancellation) at Apple (CA, US). Happy job hunting!
Highlight – sound stories this week: 5 sound tips for editors – how to prepare your audio to make your project sounds its best. Women Who Are Sound lends support to women and non-binary persons in the sound industry – hear about its inception, mission, and future here. Here are the winners of the huge Sound of Essen sound design contest.
Company: Run Studios
Location: Redmond, WA, US
Join our Audio Team! RUN Studios is seeking an A1 level audio engineer to work with different forms of sound, including live production, sound design, composition, music and voice-over work. The Audio Engineer’s goal is to capture, create, control and improve sound. This role on our team with our corporate client partners in Redmond is a full-time opportunity. In order to accommodate various productions, flexible work hours will be needed at times.
- Creates a finished product (audio deliverable) that adheres to client and FCC deliverable specifications
- Meets with clients, artists, musicians and producers to ensure clear understanding of needs and expectations; assists with project planning
- Builds consoles and sessions per the requirements of each project
- Records, manipulates and edits digital audio
- Inserts/creates special sound effects
- Monitors and maintains signal integrity to provide the highest quality audio during recording sessions and live events
- Operates broadcasting equipment (audio consoles, intercom systems, wireless devices, PA systems)
- Operates field recording (ENG) equipment
- Demonstrates optimal microphone technique in both live and studio sessions
- Effectively represents the audio team when working with clients
- Helps to maintain audio equipment and facilities; contributes to production readiness
- Contributes to workflow by suggesting improvements
- Ability to communicate complex technical scenarios and understand others
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and focus
- Must manage and use time efficiently
- Must be able to find solutions to technical problems with the equipment or sound
- Self-motivated, bias for action
- Ability to take ownership of assigned projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Unyielding dedication to customer service and customer satisfaction
- Strong organizational, multitasking and troubleshooting skills
- Conducts oneself with a sense of urgency and thinks well under pressure
- Highly responsible and reliable
- Exhibits high attention to detail
- Strong team player – works well in groups and collaborative environments
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and adapt to high pressure scenarios
- Strong track record of problem solving and group collaboration efforts
- Ability to maintain composure around high-profile individuals
- Avid Pro Tools
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
- Broadcast level standards and FCC loudness regulations
- Gain Structure
- Signal Flow
- Wireless Audio Devices (RF) / Spectrum Management
- Data Management
- AV Routing and Embedded Audio
- Microphone Technique
- Familiarity with Large-Format Audio Consoles
- Digital Reference, frame rates, and clocks
Company: EA Vancouver
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Have you ever experienced the thrill of a last minute goal that carries your team to victory in front of millions of people? Working here is kinda like that.
The Challenge Ahead:
A Software Engineer is a part of the game creation process, including architectural design, implementation, and debugging on multiple platforms—working on complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in domains including rendering, gameplay, audio, user interface, online, physics, databases and tools. You will report to the Operations Development Director and Technical Lead to estimate, build projects and provide excellent results.
What this Audio Software Engineer will do at EA:
- Work with Audio Artists, Designers, and other game area SEs to support Audio features and ensure quality results
- Design, maintain, implement, test and debug code for Audio features on an AAA title
- Maintain and implement tools and pipelines
- Post-Secondary education in Computer Science, Computer Systems, Computer Engineering, or equivalent training and professional experience
- Strong expertise with C++ and experience in object-oriented design and implementation
- Experience with C# and/or Lua
- Knowledge of good software engineering practices
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization
- Excellent debugging experience using tools to help debug
- Work with internal and externally developed code in a collaborative fashion
- Experience shipping a console title (i.e. PS4, XboxOne )
- Expertise in a core domain such as audio, user interfaces, gameplay, animation, pipelines, tools, etc
- Experience with music theory or performance, recording, or audio technologies
The benefits and perks of working for EA
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Location: Boston, MA, US / Remote
Proletariat is seeking an Audio Designer who can create beautiful, exciting audio for our epic spellcasting game, Spellbreak. An Audio Designer at Proletariat will work with existing libraries and original recordings inside a digital audio workstation, processing and exporting assets for implementation into audio middleware/game engine. They will operate under direction of the Principal Audio Designer to make sure their work is in keeping with the game vision, highlighting the intensely creative, magical battles that are unique to Spellbreak. Their work will have a direct and influential impact on the quality and feel of the game as well as helping shape the future development of our audio team. Candidates will be asked to provide a current reel showcasing relevant work with details on individual contribution. Qualified candidates may be expected to complete a small audio test.
- Ensure Spellbreak’s audio is consistently of the highest quality
- Create sounds across a variety of settings and types of gameplay (UI, ambience, foley, combat, etc.)
- Work cross-functionally with members of other development teams to ensure content is in keeping with vision and intent of the game
- Implement audio into middleware and game engine, working in close collaboration with programmers to ensure proper integration
- Consistent playtesting and debugging to work iterate quickly on designs
- 2+ years experience in an Audio Design or related role
- Strong sound design skills, with an excellent sense of aesthetics
- Experience with location and in-studio sound effects recording
- Experience with WWise or other middleware
- Experience with game engines like Unreal and Unity
- Good communication skills
- Solid organizational skills, and the ability to self-start/self-direct
- Ability to quickly learn and master new software
- Experience working with cross-discipline teams
- Self-directed, receptive to critique and feedback
Company: Space Ape Games
Location: London, UK
In case you hadn’t heard, we have a new music game launching soon called Beatstar.
Check out the sneak preview here
We are looking for an experienced, music loving, Content Creator / Community Manager who can grow and nurture the Beatstar community whilst the game is being tested in various countries, and then help us shape the game to become THE global cultural phenomenon of 2021.
Beatstar is a collaboration between Space Ape Games in London, and Supercell in San Francisco. The Space Ape team is responsible for development and operations of the game, working with Supercell closely on marketing. You will be a crucial bridge between the two teams with a foot in both the game development and marketing of Beatstar.About You
You’re comfortable when on a live stream, thrive when working with influencers and artists and have an encyclopedic knowledge of current trends in music, memes and popular culture. You have experience implementing interesting social media strategies and have the ability to work independently without a lot of guidance.
We’re after someone whose intuition tells them what’s trending with teens across the globe and can bring fresh creative ideas to keep Beatstar at the cutting edge of youth culture.The Role
As part of the Beatstar team, based in London UK, your focus is to communicate and engage with Beatstar players. You’re the face (and voice) of the game team, whilst an advocate for the players, sharing and providing insights to the game team and the broader company.
Your daily tasks will include working with content creators, members of the community and external partners including, the management and marketing teams of some of the biggest names in music today. You’ll take ownership of creating daily content. You are involved with design discussions and the development of the game, as well as the formulation of marketing strategies.Responsibilities
- Communicate the team’s vision to our players.
- Understand current trends within the community and broader music industry and provide insights to the team.
- Represent our players within the team and the rest of the company.
- Build & manage strong relationships with content creators and marketing teams at our partner labels and artist management companies.
- Help shape the game’s development and influence design decisions.
- Collaborate closely with other internal teams, working closely with both the Space Ape game team in London and Supercell teams in Helsinki and San Francisco.
- Exceptional writing skills (native/near-native in English).
- Being able to “read the room” and act accordingly.
- Comfortable on camera.
- Comfortable interacting with players online and face-to-face.
- Comfortable with managing a large global community.
- Passion for music, the game and the artists we’re collaborating with.
- Proven ability to spot trends and stay on the cutting edge of youth culture.
- Experience addressing difficult situations within the community when required.
- Experience managing social media channels.
- Ability to work independently without guidance.
- Nice to have: Experience with social media management and business intelligence tools.
Please submit the following documents with your application:
- Cover letter
- Examples of your most recent relevant work across various platforms and/or any links to your social media accounts
It will be important that you are close to the Space Ape development team, so that means working core UK hours for most of the time. If you can do that then the role can be done remotely initially but once we return to a more traditional office environment – hopefully some time in early 2021 – then you would be expected to relocate to be close to the team. However, as 2020 has taught us a lot can happen between now and then so we’re open to discuss flexible working arrangements.
No matter where you would be moving from, our dedicated people will help you from beginning to end.About Space Ape Games
We are a mobile game developer based in London, UK and teamed up with Supercell in 2017. Our games have been played by 100m people and, like Supercell, we believe in hiring the best game makers from around the world, organising into small empowered teams and leaving them to figure out the rest for themselves: what to make and how to make it.About Supercell
We are a mobile game developer based in Helsinki, Finland, with offices in San Francisco, Tokyo, Seoul and Shanghai. Since our launch in 2010, we’ve released five games globally – Hay Day, Clash of Clans, Boom Beach, Clash Royale and Brawl Stars.