We came across interesting new jobs at SEGA, PlayStation, Riot, and OM – and they’re looking for a Junior Sound Designer, Music Editor, Senior Sound Designer, and Audio Engineer.
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for an Audio UX Lead at Magic Leap, Senior/Sound Designers at Sony Santa Monica, and Sound Collections Research/Analyst at The British Library. Happy job hunting!
Location: Paris, France
Position at Amplitude Studios
Amplitude is a team of experienced, quality driven video game lovers who want to create the finest strategy games with the help of our players! Based in Paris and created in 2011, our titles include Endless Space, Dungeon of the Endless, Endless Legend, and Endless Space 2; critically acclaimed strategy titles, all set in the Endless Universe.
Our close relationship with the community is for us a core feature of the studio’s philosophy. We are, of course, happy that our games have sold well and won awards, but more importantly we’re really proud of the way we create games together with our players. Our Games2Gether platform is a great example of this. It enables our community to play a key role in the creation of our games at every stage of development.
We are looking for a Junior Sound Designer to create and implement sound effects in our games. More specifically, under the supervision of our Senior Sound Designer your main responsibilities will include:
- Create engaging and detailed sound design for various elements of the game
- Implement sound design and other audio into the game engine
- Work on audio creative design in line with the team’s goals and vision of the title
- Find and fix audio-related bugs
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Excellent ability to work effectively within a team and interact with a large variety of profiles by understanding their limitations (developers, designers, artists…)
- Background in sound design for video games a plus
(Very) Welcome Bonuses!
- A portfolio that demonstrates excellent sound design skills
- Experience implementing sound into the game engine.
- Proficient with Wwise and Nuendo/Cubase
- Experience in field recording
Company: PlayStation Creative Services
Location: London, UK
The Creative Services Group (CSG) is an award winning centralised internal agency within Sony PlayStation Worldwide Studios Europe (WWS|E). We endeavour to build a working environment where our people can flourish and create their best work. Structured around six core functional disciplines Sound, Music, Graphic Design, Motion Graphics, Video and Film we deliver projects in collaboration with our game development and marketing/PR teams. From animation to live action filming, branding to user experience design, music composition to sound design, we offer a huge array of services to our clients.
The Music Editor will be working full time as a member of our in-house music team to deliver high quality music and implementation for exciting new IPs and world-renowned franchises from across WWS. Reporting into the Senior Composer and Music Producer, the primary function of this role is to provide music editing, production, and implementation to support Music Department. The role will also provide testing the music implementation in game including bug reporting and tracking.
This is an opportunity to work on high profile titles within a friendly and dedicated award-winning music team. Please apply with a demo reel / portfolio. Submissions without work examples will not be considered.
• Create AAA quality music assets and features – Create, record, edit music for different styles and genres
• Actively contribute, both creatively and technically, to the music design process of a project
• A comprehensive background in music production techniques
• Follow and assist in the creative and technical execution of the music vision.
• Manages and coordinates the distribution of technical resources for the implementation of the music score
• Proactively participate in the development of new music tools and drive the continued development of existing music tools
• Coordinating memory and data loading issues with programmers and sound design groups
• Keeping the producer and audio programming leads informed of the programming resources necessary to achieve implementation
• Play test music in the game
• Music bug reporting and tracking
• Implement music using London Studio&amp#8217s game editor with Wwise – Achieve the highest quality VR immersion.
• Create style guide audio files and documents, taking into account stylistic, technical, budgetary and availability issues
• Requires knowledge of music production skills and techniques that apply to creating and maintaining schedules, ascertaining production costs and facility selection
• Be involved in managing external talent and communicating directly with key members of the team on all issues.
Deliver compelling music
• Mix in Wwise, proactively build and maintain effective and consistent mix architectures
• Test all aspects of the audio to ensure playback is as intended and fit for commercial release.
Within a highly collaborative environment
• Regularly review your work to ensure a strong and consistent audio style
• Explore new tools and features in collaboration with our audio programmers
• Attend audio team reviews, play-throughs and game mixing sessions
• When required, work and collaborate with external audio vendors
• Proactively build good communication &ampamp coordination between audio team members and development team disciplines (art, animation, programming, level design, design, production)
• Attend meetings with development teams
• Meet deadlines, collaborate with our Audio Producer and Supervising Sound Designer to ensure your work is on schedule and meeting expectations
• Positively contribute at all times. Identify areas requiring innovation / problems and pro-actively find creative and technical audio solutions
• Minimum 3 years experience working on commercial music projects
• Strong, demonstrable music skills in both linear and interactive media – Proven in demo reel
• Ability to learn a new in-house game editor for integrating music content
• Knowledge of the game making process
• Degree in related audio field
• Proficient in Wwise – Proven experience on a least one shipped title.
Reliable team player
• Ability to work as a team player
• Ability to provide and accept critical feedback in a professional manner
• Self-disciplined, able to meet deadlines and to report progress to producers
• Ability to demonstrate initiative, autonomy, and ownership of your allocated areas
• Strong communication skills (oral and written)
• Pro-active and highly organized
• Ability to maintain high standards even under pressure
• Advanced knowledge of Pro Tools &ampamp Cubase
• A passion for music in games and other forms of audio-visual entertainment
• A keen interest in action hero movies and shooter games.
Company: Riot Games
Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Delivering an immersive experience for a global audience while also collaborating on new games gives our Audio discipline exciting and complex problems to solve. The Audio Team at Riot strives to deliver lasting sonic experiences for players. We help breathe life into our games, cinematics, esports, albums, and more through the use of sound. We also are always working to level up the team & techniques by experimenting and playing the games we love.
As a Senior Sound Designer, your technical and creative audio skills will combine to bring life to the broad range of characters and experiences in our games. Joining efforts with a multi-disciplinary team, you’ll help drive projects from their inception. Using your passion, creativity, and critical thinking you will help guide team decisions and provide valuable feedback to your peers. As a member of the audio discipline, you’ll strive to find ways to teach and level up those around you while continuing to challenge and grow yourself.
Our Research and Development teams are working towards putting the ‘s’ in Riot Games. As a Senior Sound Designer, you will be responsible for helping drive the creative audio direction for one of our new games. You will help develop and execute the audio vision, strategy and products for major features and areas of development for the new game. Also as one of the leading members of the Audio discipline, you will collaborate with music, video and other central teams to ensure thematic consistency across in-game and out of game features. Your work will help establish and push the quality bar of the product, and your peers will learn and improve from your innovation in process. If you care deeply for game development and are passionate about bringing a project to life, join our mission to develop worldwide games that are multi-generational and give our players lasting experiences.
- Record, edit, and design sound effects for game characters, menus, new features, major systems, and other areas using industry standard methods and tools
- Record sound effects both in studio and in the field using industry standard microphone techniques and hardware
- Create sound design, voice-over processing and audio integration that supports and enhances the vision and goals of the product
- Develop and execute the audio vision and strategy for a major piece of content, new feature or area of development.
- Collaborate with initiative/product leadership to establish specific sound design, voice over and music goals and objectives
- Define and manage audio objectives, goals, timeline, etc. for their content team or product
- Work with narrative team to develop and support in game voice over for characters & major features
- 7+ years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to collaborate and iterate with cross-disciplinary teammates
- Knowledge in technical design and implementation of key audio systems
- Experience with sound design of creatures, ambiance, spells, UI, notifications and other audio features
- Excellent testing and debugging skills
- Capable of considering both player experience and content creation experience
- Ability to self-direct and measure success individually and collectively with teams
- Experience in shipping games
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational chops
- Experience building audio architecture
- Composing or music authoring
- Post-production work for in-game cinematic and trailers as well as marketing material
- Wide experience in various game engines
Location: London, UK / Los Angeles, CA, USA
We are hiring audio engineers for video game dialogue production.
Locations: London & Los Angeles
We are looking for passionate audio engineers who are curious, have wide interests and are hungry to learn, explore and grow. We are looking for those who aspire to delight in adventure at the frontiers of creativity who have a deep love and understanding of games and game development, and have the courage and ability to question any status quo with wisdom.
We are a voice and face capture production company with one focus: to make performance content in games magnificent. Our raison d’être is in the belief that acting in games should equal and surpass the very best we find on stage and screen. Everyone and everything at OM is tuned to this goal.
We are a close, collaborative and supportive multidisciplinary team of experts from different fields. We know that our strength lies in our diversity, our united drive and our support of one another.
Our applied expertise encompasses film, radio, music, theatre, games, art, writing, audio and electrical engineering, systems and software design, programming, acoustics, coffee roasting, psycholinguistics, philosophy, neurology, neuro-lexology, statistics, and baking bread.
We use PCs. We would like you to have professional level competence with digital audio/video, various DAWs, audio editing and game middleware, MS Office.
Your path would start freelance, dialogue editing, mastering or as a recordist in in either the UK or US studios which are described as film sets for games. You will be given freedom to explore and to expand into other areas and responsibilities. We are growing the full-time team however remaining freelance is welcomed as we encourage the diversity.
You will get training as all tools and processes at OM are connected to our Creative Dialogue Tools (CDT) pipeline and the OM Game Immersive (GIVR) recording methods. Coding skills with, C#, C++ Python, Unity, Unreal would be welcomed by R&D but not essential.
Email us at job (at) omuk (dot) com with ‘Engineer Job Application’ as the subject – If you are going to be at GDC and want to informally meet us please ask.