We came across interesting new jobs at Lionbridge, Ubisoft SF, and Hazelight – and they’re looking for an Audio Lead, and an Audio Designer.
We also found openings for a Recording Engineer at EA Audioworks, Speech Audio Artist at EA Gothenburg, Technical Sound Designer at Magic Leap, Audio Administrator at Creative Assembly, Sound Designer at D-BOX, and Music Intern at DreamWorks TV.
Company: Lionbridge Game Services
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Lionbridge Game Services Barcelona is currently seeking an experienced Audio Lead. The Audio Lead will be responsible for organizing and supervising the smooth operation of the VO Audio department while ensuring the highest quality of its output to service a wide panel of gaming customers, from indie to AAA publishers/developers.
The optimal candidate is a highly organized strategic thinker and a proactive self-starter. This position is suitable for individuals who have 5 years previous experience with dubbing/voice-over recording, preferably for video games specifically.
• Organize and supervise the entire process of dubbing/voice over recording: scheduling, costing, pre-production, castings, post-production, Quality Assurance, etc.
• Manage successful relations with / booking of VO/dubbing voice talents for Castilian Spanish language
• Populate and update contacts databases
• Creation and distribution of reports and schedules related to the audio department
• Processing invoices & tracking freelancer payments
• Answering phones and providing administrative support
• General studio maintenance
• Assess and monitor quality of multi-lingual audio projects
• Expert experience with Pro Tools and other standard audio production tools and dubbing/voice-over recording (preferably including video games)
• Demonstrate strong computer knowledge through effective use of a personal computer including Microsoft Office (especially Excel)
• (Castilian) Spanish fluency with good English skills
• Should be creative, flexible and have the ability to multi-task
• Excellent negotiation and planning skills
• Ability to work independently and trouble-shoot problems when they arise
• Detail oriented and highly organized
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to liaise with various support groups
• Experience in video game localization is a real plus
• Knowledge of the Barcelona voice actor scene
Company: Ubisoft San Francisco
Location: San Francisco, CA, USA
We are looking for a talented, motivated and experienced person to help establish and grow the future of Rocksmith and other new exciting titles. Qualified individuals are expected to be well organized, passionate, with a contagious enthusiasim for creating quality audio expereince for a well received enthusiastic global audience.
You will work on cutting-edge audio technology, expanding audio systems and integrating sound into gameplay to deliver exciting game experiences. You will be a part of a collaboration-oriented team where you will have the opportunity to contribute in meaningful ways.
• Assist with and collaborate in implementing and debugging audio systems for game development in our SF Studio
• Adopt and improve the existing audio development process.
• Help manage audio data budget, Wwise session organization, SoundBank structure and loading, and run-time audio optimizations
• Create high quality sound design for all areas of the game, including UI and musical stings
• Ability to mentor junior audio designers
• Proficient with Audiokinetic’s Wwise
• Extensive knowledge of implementing audio in modern game engines
• Advanced knowledge of sound design, synthesis, & audio manipulation
• Excellent recording and production skills for music, voice-over, and foley recording
• Knowledge of and experience with modern audio systems in AAA titles
• Work efficiently and autonomously with a high attention to detail
• Understanding of mix engineering process and loudness standards within the industry
• Strong musical background, preferably playing an instrument
• Unrelenting passion for games
• Basic understanding of DSP and audio programming skills
• Desire to keep up with gaming news and audio trends
Ubisoft is composed of over 14,000 talented people located in 30 countries across the globe. With around 85% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world.
The company’s 30 different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin’s Creed®, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. With an expansive global distribution network, Ubisoft is also a company that stays in close contact with its local fans.
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
We are looking to expand the Hazelight team with a full time Senior Sound Designer. Hazelight is an independently owned game development studio, in March this year we released our first title A Way Out on PC, PS4 and Xbox One. We have now embarked on our next creative adventure. Hazelight is led by Josef Fares, writer and director of A Way Out and Brothers – A Tale of Two Sons.
At Hazelight we have a company culture of direct constructive feedback, always based on what would be best for our game. You must be ready to take responsibility and work efficiently and independently on assigned tasks within set deadlines. It is important that you thrive in a team setting since we are working in an open office environment.
As our new Senior Sound Designer you will work on-site with Hazelight’s great development team in our offices in Stockholm, Sweden. Earlier this year we moved into our own corner of the magnificent Münchenbryggeriet by the waterfront in Södermalm, Stockholm.
As a Sound Designer at Hazelight you will be responsible for both design, structure, implementation and organizing of sound effects. Have a creative vision for the sound in our upcoming game. Be able to analyze the gameplay and deliver a sound that elevates the game to a new level. Our audio team strive to be as independent as possible, a good understanding of how to properly implement your sounds is a must.
• Strong communication skills and experience working within a team.
• Excellent knowledge of multiple DAW’s such as Reaper, Protools, Nueondo.
• Documented experience working with sound design on at least one AAA game.
• Excellent experience in middleware such as Wwise and or Fmod.
• Strong understanding of sound recording techniques.
• Great understanding of visual scripting such as Blueprints or equivalent.
• Fluent in English is meritorious.
• 3-5 year experience as a Sound Designer, working in the game industry.