We came across 4 interesting jobs at PopCap, Ghost Story, Intouch Games, and CD Projekt Red – and they’re looking for Audio Directors, a Sound Designer, and an Audio Lead.
Location: Seattle, WA, USA
As an Audio Director for our mobile titles at PopCap, your role will be dynamic and multi-faceted. You’ll partner with cross-disciplined game teams to craft world class end-to-end audio experiences for our mobile titles. You will be an influential leader in the mobile audio community within EA and the gaming community at large. You must be a great team player and contribute to a stimulating and fun work environment.
What You’ll Do:
• Work with dev partners to establish a strong creative vision for multiple projects at the studio
• Advocate and design audio pipeline features, determine scope requirements and workflow processes
• Communicate executive vision, at all levels
• Create sounds and music for prototypes and games where necessary
• Contribute to team planning and scoping exercises by providing time estimates, writing spec sheets, and asset lists as necessary
• Determine with team when projects require additional resources
• Hire and work with outsource vendors and contractors to execute on your vision
• Manage Audio budget for the department
• Contract negotiations and work with legal team on audio contracts as needed
• Own the final mix of the game and marketing video soundtracks
• Collaborate and communicate with multiple game teams across the studio
• Help build a stronger audio community within EA
You have experience in all phases of audio design and production, with proficiency in every step of the pipeline; studio and location recording, from precision editing and design to technical implementation.
• Minimum of ten years game audio experience with 5 of those years working on mobile games
• Proven track record delivering high quality and efficient audio content for mobile games
• Strong artistic and creative sensibilities
• Ability to communicate and execute vision, at all levels
• Expert knowledge of modern sound creation techniques, processing and standards
• Skilled in the areas of implementation using third party software – Audio Kinetic Wwise and Unity and/or other proprietary tools
• Has broad expertise using game development tools, technology and pipelines
• Analytic thinker and problem solver in a collaborative environment
• An interest in mobile games
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day. Our EA Seattle location features fantastic amenities and easy access to everything the metropolis of Seattle offers, and wonderful Washington State is a nature lover’s paradise. More about our location: www.ea.com/studios/popcap
At Electronic Arts, we put our players first, and are looking for the most talented and creative game developers in the world to help us become the world’s #1 mobile gaming company. Mobile is the future of our industry and the future of our company. As EA’s first label dedicated to purely digital games, EA Mobile creates games for mobile devices, social networks and online environments that deliver seamless play anytime, anywhere, on any device. Connecting a market of more than one billion core and mass-casual gamers worldwide, EA Mobile delivers engaging, accessible, high quality games to people of all skill levels and interests.
Company: Ghost Story
Location: Westwood, MA, USA
Ghost Story Games (formerly known as Irrational Games) is a self-publishing game studio owned by
Take-Two Interactive. Our mission is simple: to create immersive, story-driven videogames for people
who love games that ask something of them.
What We’re Looking For:
You’re an exceptional audio director able to work closely with other creative forces, interpret feedback
and articulate those needs into tangible sound assets. You’ve worked in a capacity where sound design
is part of the overall process in helping to discover the look and feel of a world.
In this role, you are directly responsible for implementing audio-scapes for a narrative FPS game with
complex systems. At Ghost Story Games, everyone is a sole contributor and everyone ships content. You
will be asked to conceive, create and ship audio content in addition to your audio leadership
responsibilities. You will work directly with internal developers and manage external service providers to
define sound, music and other audio needs, as well as develop solutions to complex audio problems.
The primary goal is maintaining our studio tradition of award-winning sound.
What We Offer:
▪ The opportunity to work on a creatively ambitious project in the immersive sim genre.
▪ A world-class team. We are proud to be home to some of the most talented, smartest, nicest
and hardest-working colleagues.
▪ We are a core development team of just under 30 people and work closely with specialist
outsource groups and contractors when necessary.
▪ Open Communication: Our team members are welcome to join any meeting, and we have a flat
structure. Do you have a question or a concern? Just walk up to anyone and ask! Team-based
decision making is important to us, regardless of your position – every opinion counts and is
▪ Flexible Hours: We understand that sometimes people need to juggle work and family life, so we
have flexible work hours and a support structure that allows people to work from home if
needed. Every Friday is a default WFH day for us, so no meetings planned that day!
▪ The Space: We love our studio space and all the comfortable perks that come with it, such as a
fully stocked kitchen (drinks, fruit, snacks, breakfast food), plenty of shops, restaurants and
(urgent care) services within walking distance, a game room, a quiet room, outdoor deck, free
parking, public transportation connections including the Amtrak train into Boston + NY and
maybe, just maybe, we have a bathysphere whiskey bar.
▪ Free Merchandise: Every new employee is welcomed with an onboarding swag package to make
sure they blend right in. Additionally, each of our team members can expect to receive a new
merchandise item every time one goes live in our fan store. For fans of other Take-Two studios,
there is a discounted employee store where you can find the latest games and swag from our
▪ On-Site Support: Our world-class IT and Operations teams make sure that you get what you
need to do what you do best. They keep us working, fed, hydrated and happy. Full team-catered
lunches for new employee welcomes or significant team meetings? Receiving your online
shopping orders? Getting you an aspirin when needed? They have your back!
Great Place to Work® has certified our workplace culture. At Ghost Story Games, 96 percent of
employees say their workplace is great, which ties us for first spot in the games industry.
▪ Enrich the narrative storytelling experience of our game with sound design, music and voice
▪ Conceive, create and implement shippable sound assets for a narrative FPS game.
▪ Conceptualize audio features and systems, and pitch them to the creative director.
▪ Work with other disciplines to understand existing features and systems, and develop audio
systems and features that complement and enhance the player experience.
▪ Identify, define and champion audio-department needs in order to succeed. This could mean
obtaining relevant software, hardware, feedback and/or other tools and requirements.
▪ Oversee and supervise integration of externally produced audio assets into the game.
▪ Work with the production and narrative teams and voice talent to oversee recording, editing,
mastering and implementation of VO.
▪ Work with production to establish and execute on clear, optimized audio pipelines for
innovative game-audio designs.
▪ Manage third-party outsourcers and coordinate delivery of external audio services, including
What We’re Looking For:
▪ At least three years of experience in a senior audio role for videogame development.
▪ Audio Director credit on at least one highly (85+) rated FPS game title on PC/Console, or a title
that we love anyway.
▪ Proven experience with the development of end-to-end game audio production, including sound
effects, voiceover, music, middleware implementation and audio-system technology.
▪ Experience with creating, recording, integrating and mixing audio for games.
▪ Experience working in Unreal Engine 4 and Wwise.
▪ Ability to critique and direct production of voice samples, music and other sounds.
▪ Experience managing contractors and/or other audio technicians.
• Excellent communication, collaboration, interpersonal and organizational skills.
• A constant drive to solve problems and improve your personal skill set and discipline.
• A great ear for detail.
• Passion for narrative first-person shooters a plus.
When Applying For This Position:
• Please provide a resume with credits listed and a portfolio of game sounds and/or music. If ingame,
be sure to identify which components you were responsible for.
• Please have played or at least be familiar with our legacy games System Shock 2, BioShock and
Company: Intouch Games Ltd
Location: Birmingham, UK
Sound Designer with Musical Composition, MIDI, Digital Audio Workstation and Sound Design expertise is highly sought by a multiple award winning games studio based in Birmingham who are the UK’s largest privately owned mobile e-gaming company! We currently have just over 220+ employees here at our Birmingham HQ and we offer some of the UK’s best career progression plans and earning potential with bi-annual salary reviews!
In this position, you will compose, record, mix and master musical themes and sound effects and have responsibility for the creation of in-game audio assets for our suite of mobile, web and tablet based games. You’ll work closely with our creative and development teams to implement audio into games, liaise with development and product QA to resolve audio bugs and issues whilst recording and editing sound effects for our in-house sound library. You will be proficient with creating music solely using MIDI and virtual instruments within a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) and have access to our high-tech recording studio which includes equipment and high-spec facilities to ensure the highest possible quality audio for our games across multiple devices and platforms!
Key skills we’re looking for:
• Ability to compose, record, mix and master original music loops in many genres.
• Have an excellent show-reel of high-quality, relevant audio for games (both music and sound design).
• Proficiency using Digital Audio Workstations (ideally Ableton Live) and a range of plug ins.
• Excellent knowledge of game audio implementation.
Bonus points for:
• Experience with Game Engines (Unity, Unreal etc).
• Experience with Middleware tech (such as Wwise and FMOD Studio)
Therefore, if you are a highly skilled and experienced sound designer with musical composition, sound design and DAW expertise and you would like to join a multiple award winning eGaming studio who have been accredited as one of the “Top 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain”, been recognised by the BBC as a top technology employer and have a 1 star accreditation as a “Top Company to Work For” then send in your CV today for review!
Salary: £20,000 – £23,000 + benefits (inc private pension, flexible working hours, bi-annual salary reviews, free onsite gym, free daily breakfast/lunch + much more…)
Company: CD Projekt Red
Location: Warsaw, Poland
The Audio Lead will manage and work together with the team of sound designers to create the soundscape for our upcoming game, Cyberpunk 2077.
Daily Responsibilities in a Nutshell:
• Adapting, improving and executing the vision for the best quality audio in Cyberpunk 2077.
• Task planning and management for the sound design team.
• Audio feature requests and implementation.
• Overseeing and participating in the audio post production for cut-scenes, dialogues, marketing trailers and mixing the game.
• Cooperating with technical teams.
• Working across content departments to manage and improve pipelines for audio.
• Taking part in the creative production process including sound design and implementation where needed.
• Mentoring the audio team.
• Managing external audio resources.
Required Skills & Experience:
• 6+ years experience in gaming audio.
• Proven experience (2+ years) in leading a game audio team.
• Previous experience as a sound designer.
• Experience in the production of cross-platform AAA games on PC and consoles.
• Proven experience with Wwise.
• Management skills.
• Fluent English.
• Outstanding verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
We Offer You:
• A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere with cutting-edge technologies..
• A chance to work in an international environment in a booming industry.
• A competitive salary and project based bonuses.
• Private healthcare & MultiSport card.
• From 20 to to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
• A step by step assistance and ‘Relocation Package’ for foreigners willing to establish in Poland.
• Polish lessons for foreign employees.
Candidates should include a demo reel to their application.
Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants. The hired individual will need to work in-house, for the first three months in our studio based in Warsaw and ultimately in our studio in Kraków.
Please also include the following statement with your application: „I hereby consent to the processing of my vital and personal data in so far as this is required under the ongoing and future recruiting processes, in accordance with the Act of August 29, 1997, on the Protection of Personal Information (JoL no. 133, item 883).”
The personal data is administered by CD Projekt S.A. with its registered seat in Warsaw, ul. Jagiellońska 74. The data included in job applications shall be processed solely in connection with ongoing and future recruitment procedures and shall not be shared with any other entities. The applicants are entitled to access and modify their personal data at any time. The provision of personal data is voluntary although necessary in order to take part in the recruitment process.