We came across interesting jobs at Rocksteady, Bungie, Junkfish, and Riot – and they’re looking for Sound Designers, a Technical Dialogue Designer, and a VO Designer.
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for a Senior Sound Designer at Blizzard, Freelance Sound Engineer at SIDE, Record Label Publicist at FiXT, an Orchestral Composer, a Course Director in Game Audio Production Techniques at Full Sail University, Assistant Professor at Aarhus University, and VO Designer at Machine Games.
Happy job hunting!
Company: Rocksteady Studios
Location: London, England
Rocksteady Studios is looking to add to its family of staff. We are looking for an exceptionally talented Sound Designer who has experience of creating audio for multi-award winning, AAA, blockbuster video games in a senior role. You are ready to take on the challenges facing audio on the current generation platforms.
You are dedicated and committed to seeing the project through to its completion. This is a senior role focussed on both the technical and creative facets of video game sound design. Being equally as comfortable designing systems as you are designing sounds is key.
• Create world class SFX in line with the project’s high standards of quality.
• Work closely with other teams to define audio pipelines/systems.
• Maintain and develop systems under your ownership through to the project’s completion.
• Continue to develop your skills and share this knowledge with those around you to contribute to a culture of learning within the team.
• Expert working knowledge of Unreal Engine 3 / 4, AudioKinetic Wwise, Avid Pro Tools and, Perforce
• Expert knowledge of Sound Devices recorders and the standard compliment of microphones (Sennheiser, Schoeps, DPA, etc…) used in the field
• Experience working in an audio studio environment utilising various hardware and software processors, patch bays, microphones, etc…
• Some experience with scripting languages such as Python is beneficial
• Excellent technical sound design and implementation skills with a proven track record in creating successful generative and systemic approaches to sound implementation
• Highly experienced in designing world class SFX. You understand that AAA sound design does not come from commercial libraries but from the sounds that you conceive, record and create
• Experienced in debugging systems, audio play-testing and audio quality assurance. You understand the importance of identifying, prioritising, reporting and resolving audio issues
• Extensive working knowledge of various in-game profiling tools. You will know how to use the data gathered to optimise sounds in terms of memory, virtual voices and CPU performance with minimal detriment to the player’s experience
• Good understanding of programming and scripting. You can discuss issues at length with audio programmers
• Experience successfully working and communicating with multiple disciplines to implement audio. Be comfortable designing and discussing in precise and clear terms requirements of audio systems
• Have the confidence and skills to enthuse members with your ideas and drive them through to fruition
• Be able to make smart decisions under pressure. Be focussed with the job in hand
• Well versed in both traditional and more exotic field and studio recording techniques
• You have a deep understanding of how to utilise your vast knowledge of microphones, outboard equipment and plug-ins to achieve spectacular results
• Private family medical care
• Private dental care
• Contributory pension scheme
• Annual bonus scheme
• Long-service holiday reward
• Brand new custom designed studio
• World class training speakers hosted on-site
• Access to multiple online training websites
• Monthly team meals/outings
• On-site subsidised Masseuse, Yoga & Life Drawing.
• Quarterly salary adjustment reviews
• Monthly 1on1s with your Line Manager
• Yearly Line Manager & Studio Peer Performance review process
• Film nights in our Mocap theatre
• Subsidised gym in the office complex
• Discounts to WB goodies i.e. HBO, WB films, TV, Harry Potter tour
• Staff only merchandise store
• State of the art office with the entire 130+ team in 1 open-plan room
• Free fruit, juices and soft drinks
• Childcare Vouchers Scheme
• National Rail Season Ticket Travel Loan
• Overseas Relocation Support
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Employee Support Assistance Programme (Free personal counselling and guidance support)
• Finder’s Fee
• Free Eye Test & Discounted Glasses
• Free Seasonal Flu Jab
Posting date: 30/08/18
End Date: 30/09/18
Company: Bungie, Inc.
Location: Bellevue, WA, USA
Great stories require great dialog, and great dialog requires people with a strong combination of sound design and technical skills. As a Technical Dialogue Designer, you complete the equation that brings dialog into our games. Bungie needs a dialog implementation specialist to contribute to our narrative efforts. This is a unique opportunity to join a team that has revolutionized the way dialog has driven story in games.
• Implement dialog assets into our games
• Ensure consistent and reliable delivery of all dialog assets
• Effectively manage many thousands of dialog assets
• Debug problems in the dialog delivery systems and propose robust solutions
• Coordinate with Narrative Leads to ensure that technical dialog needs are met
• Collaborate with Dialog Director, Dialog Lead, and Audio Leads to ensure content quality bar meets our standards
• 2+ years of experience in games and/or multimedia
• Understanding of game audio aesthetics and implementation methods
• Experience editing and managing large quantities of game dialog content
• Proficiency with modern computer-based audio production tools such as Pro Tools, Logic, Peak, and Sound Forge
• An understanding of traditional studio engineering, audio post production, and dialog recording techniques
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Experience implementing game audio via Audiokinetic Wwise is a must
Location: Dundee, Scotland
Junkfish are looking for a talented sound designer with a strong knowledge of game audio techniques and production methods to join our growing team in Dundee. We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate individual to work on a new and exciting title. We are looking to hear from people who have a passion for solving development challenges and a strong drive to do the best work they possibly can. You will need to be passionate about creating stunning, high quality audio assets for games, talented and highly-motivated, with a genuine interest in playing games. Reporting to the producer, the sound designer is versatile creates various audio assets necessary for the monthly content pushes and milestones. The sound designer is able to maintain and manage high levels of quality while working in a rapid, rigorous, and timely manner.
• Design and implement the sound effects and music that help achieve the projects overall creative vision.
• Drive improvements in the audio production pipeline through research and implementation of new workflows, techniques and tools.
• Take responsibility for defining the audio style of the project.
• Work closely with the team to create and define audio tasks to help steer the project.
• Playtesting and debugging game audio systems – Assist in maintaining audio-related documentation.
• Work with external sound/music providers when necessary.
Skills & Requirements:
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience creating sound effects and music with in the games industry or equivalent, including the shipping of at least one title as a sound designer.
• Excellent understanding of game audio pipelines, industry standard audio production tools, and audio recording techniques.
• Familiarity with a variety of audio middleware applications. (FMOD, etc)
• Experience in field recording techniques and equipment
• Can create high quality audio samples and process externally created VO, music and effects for use in game.
• Workable knowledge in using the Unity engine.
• Collaborative attitude; receptive and adaptive to change and feedback.
• Able to manage large-scale audio asset production
• Great communications skills
• Able to work independently with minimal oversight
• Strong artistic and creative sense
• Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
Applicants must submit work samples for review.
Company: Riot Games
Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
As a VO Designer, your technical and creative audio skills will combine to bring life to the broad range of characters and experiences in our games. Joining efforts with a multi-disciplinary team, you’ll help drive projects from their inception. Using a deep understanding of sound design and implementation as it relates to voiceover, will help you craft new and engaging VO for League of Legends. As a member of the audio discipline, you’ll strive to find ways to teach and level up those around you while continuing to challenge and grow yourself.
• A skilled audio designer who knows the nuances of sculpting a game’s sonic experience.
• Experienced when it comes to game audio implementation using an audio middleware
• Able to give and receive feedback in a way that helps improve yourself and those around you
• Passionate about the vital role that VO has on the depth and feel of games.
• Edit & bug fix VO for champions & skins
• Regularly interface and provide feedback to external vendors
• Experiment with processing recipes for champs/skins
• Design the voice identity of champs/skins
• Integrate VO in Audiokinetic Wwise
• Work with Narrative and Audio to integrate VO in game
• Prepare LOC kits to send to regions for Localization
• Process foreign languages
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.