Check out these two audio positions from TEKsystems and Riot games below:
Company: Riot Games
Location: Los Angeles, USA
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 67 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
As Audio Coordinator, you’ll play a dynamic role on a cross-functional discipline, with the opportunity to grow in sound design craft. You’ll help with defining and executing new pipelines and processes, making sure that the audio discipline is supported, and maintaining relationships with our vendors. We’re looking for someone who is highly organized and is passionate about becoming a sound designer themselves.
• Approachable: you listen to others and are sensitive to any communication style; others trust you and feel comfortable coming to you with all the info, so any rising problems can be identified and tackled before they spiral into fiery vortices of bad vibrations
• Comfortable with ambiguity: when changes are made, you keep a cool head and fight on, even if you don’t have all the details; you’re comfortable moving between projects and facing the uncertain because challenge motivates you to evolve and innovate
• A facilitator: you efficiently and effectively keep projects on track by aligning the right people, materials, and support needed to get the job done; your well-organized file system facilitates quick action when work situations break bad and you help organize and run meetings
• Knowledgeable in audio: you are in the know about audio gear and needs; from software, to equipment, to microphones — you’re able to talk shop about audio
• Ambitious: you don’t wait for opportunity to knock – you kick the door off its hinges to grab it first; armed with a five, ten, and hundred-year plan (subject to change, of course), you’re constantly seeking the next challenge that’ll level up your skills
• Driven: you refuse to let projects pile up, finishing your work with diligence that inspires the most industrious; when struggles and setbacks show up unannounced, you put your head down, power through, and never let them get the best of you
• Manage and define pipelines with outsourcers, IT, and legal pipelines to keep the designers focused on design
• Be responsible for ordering and maintaining gear and software for the audio discipline
• Work with several teams on emergent logistical needs that could block delivery of awesome to our players and product teams
• Own all responsibility regarding team outings, events, knowledge share meetings, and other audio centered events and gatherings
• Facilitate discipline wide meetings
• Maintain the discipline Sound Library, including tagging, archiving, and backup
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
Company: TEKsystems, Inc
Location: Irvine, California, USA
We are seeking a talented Sound Designer to join our team for a top secret game. In this role you will work with the audio team tostrive for top quality sound design and implementation. You will work highly independently to collaborate with character designers, animators, and programmers creating compelling soundscapes and effects ranging from characters, environments, videos, and more. Leverage your technical and creative audio skills on a unique and enthusiastic team.
Expectations of role:
• Create, edit and implement high quality in-game sound effects
• Test all aspects of the game audio to ensure in-game playback is fit for commercial release
• Self-driven to expand on tasks and find ways to push quality
• Work with the production team to set clear timelines, and work to deliver on commitments
• Provide well thought out feedback and constructive criticism that furthers the audio experience game quality
• A great ear for quality and high level of sound design standard
• 4+ Years experience in sound designer role
• At least 1 or 2 previously shipped AAA titles
• Professional experience with Pro Tools for Sound Design and Mixing
• Experience Implementing Audio with strong understanding of audio Pipelines
• Expert knowledge of field and studio recording
• Ability to multitask and handle a variety of tasks with foresight of schedule
• Strong collaborator, with excellent organizational skills
Experience with Lumberyard game engine
Experience with Wwise
Scripting experience in Lua, XML