We came across interesting new jobs at EA Create Audio, CCP Games, Eventide, and Lost Boys Interactive – and they’re looking for a Junior Sound Designer (Multiple US / Canada), Contract Sound Designer (England), Audio Intern (NJ, US), and Senior Sound Designer (TX, US).
We also found openings for an Audio Test Engineer at Bungie (WA, US), Audio Programmer at Techland (Poland), Game Audio Engineer at Yager (Remote), Audio Director at Quantic Dream (France), Music Intern at EA Pasadena (CA, US), Audio Programmer at CD Projekt (Philippines), Audio Programmer at People Can Fly (IL, US), and Sound Designer / Music Composer at QuickSpin (Sweden).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs Facebook and LinkedIn groups also have opportunities for a Dubbing Mixer at Tern TV (Scotland), Associate Project Manager at Disney Digital Studio (CA, US), Junior Audio Technician at Push Gaming (England / Remote), Audio Production Coordinator at Gearbox Entertainment (TX, US), Audio Curator at Iberian Media (Belgium/Remote), Project Audio Director at Paradox Interactive (Sweden), Senior Sound Designer at Red Beard Games (England), and Technical Sound Designer at Hexany Audio (CA, US). Happy job hunting!
Highlighted sound stories:
Senior Sound Designer and A Sound Effect columnist Juan Pablo Uribe on just how much you need to know to get started and work in audio
Get the story behind the sound of Crip Camp, told by James LeBrecht and Nicole Newnham
Land excellent deals on Mattia Cellotto’s hugely popular libraries and bundles
Company: EA Create Audio
Location: Multiple US / Canada
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to provide outstanding visuals, audio and technology. Our teams consist of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified experience creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture and craft.The Game
As a Junior Sound Designer in Create Audio you will work on the next evolution of the Skate™ franchise. We are set to deliver a rich, vibrant, and fun sonic experience that embraces and builds upon everything that makes this franchise so special. We believe in creating an inclusive world inside and outside of our games for our players and our team.The Role
You will create and implement audio assets, assisting senior audio artists on tasks, including recording sessions, sound editing, asset management, troubleshooting and bug fixing. This is a generalist role, and your responsibilities will change throughout the project, so you will have a chance to work on several areas.What We Are Looking For
We are looking for a lifelong learner candidate who is curious, open to new ideas, and has the ability to surprise us. Besides high production values, we are looking for your collaborative input that extends our game into new possibilities.What You Bring
- 2+ years of professional game dev experience working in a similar role on a sizable interactive media title. (Game, VR, or similar)
- Working knowledge of audio middleware (Wwise, FMOD)
- Understanding of visual programming (Unreal, Pure Data, Max MSP, Reaktor) and scripting (Python, Lua)
- Solid understanding of game audio implementation best practices
- Proficient in at least one DAW (Reaper, Nuendo, ProTools)
- Solid post-production and digital audio skills for linear and nonlinear media
- Experience recording SFX, foley and VO
- MA, BAA or BSET in Sound technology program or equivalent.
- Fluency in any language in addition to English
This opportunity is open to Remote Candidates. We encourage everyone to apply regardless of where they are located.
Company: CCP Games
Location: London, UK
CCP London is the newest studio in the CCP family, and we are looking for a Contract Sound Designer to join our team on an unannounced online tactical sci-fi shooter set in the New Eden universe.Excellence, Courage, Unity and Honesty are our core values, and we are always on the lookout for these signals when we’re interviewing. We are an open book. Authenticity and a candid approach to meetings and interviews really helps pave the way to not just managing expectations, but also smart and efficient decision making.
We offer a supportive and trusting work environment, with plenty of opportunities for growth.
The successful candidate will be a Sound Designer who is a team player ready to make a big impact on our game. You will be hands on, producing sound design across the game for UI, atmospherics, VFX, gun and character movement.
We believe diversity is a strength and we are looking for talent across the board.Who are We?
CCP Games’ London studio has a truly unique offering when it comes to culture and vibe. Perhaps originating from and it’s often been referred to as, the Icelandic effect. It’s impossible to ignore. We are looking for someone who is passionate about what they do and who wants to learn from a great team and mentor those that ask.Your tasks:
- Create an audio experience that matches with the project vision and IP
- Produce sound effects for weapons, characters, VFX, UI and atmospherics
- Work with the Art Team to produce sound design that bring our assets to life
- Work with the Senior Audio Engineer to integrate sound into the game
- Manage and create sound effects
- Recording foley
- Hands-on creating, recording, editing, implementing, mixing and optimising of audio in-game
- We want you to create a believable world that excites us and our players with an audio experience that sets us apart
- Excellent sound design, editing, implementation and mixing expertise
- Proficient with linear audio production and mixing techniques (stereo and surround mediums)
- Expert knowledge of Wwise, Unreal 4, DAWs (e.g. Protools, Reaper)
- Excellent interpersonal skills; must be able to interact well with multi-disciplinary team
- Self-motivated, proactive and well organised, excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- The inspiring challenge of working on a pioneering ambitious project with great co-workers
- An opportunity to learn and grow within an international company
- A multicultural work environment that encourages growth, creativity and innovation
- Free breakfasts, lunches, drinks, and snacks (in the studio)
- A family-friendly work environment with flexible work hours
Location: Little Ferry, NJ, US
Eventide is looking for talented individuals to work ~20-30 hrs/week in a paid in-person internship based in Little Ferry, NJ. Must be reliable, reasonable, hardworking, and curious. Responsibilities could include, but are not limited to helping with marketing, user support, and working with Richard & Tony on miscellaneous tasks.
Company: Lost Boys Interactive
Location: Austin, TX, US
Lost Boys Interactive is Hiring! If you are looking for a remote-first home to bring your AAA sound design experience, look no further! We are working on some amazing AAA game projects and have a fantastic employee-first environment!
Lost Boys Interactive is a member of the Gearbox Software and Embracer Group family. We are a rapidly growing AAA game studio based in Madison Wisconsin, with full remote work available from any state in the US. We provide top-tier development for our partners as well as working on our own AAA game projects. We have world-class projects, resources, and infrastructure, but our company’s success comes from the talented and passionate people who work together each day to produce great games together.
Supportive, collaborative, accepting, respectful, chill, and friendly are words that our employees use to describe the environment at Lost Boys Interactive. If this is the type of studio you would like to be a part of, apply today to learn more!
Please note: You must reside in the US and have prior AAA games experience to qualify for this role.
In this role, you will create world-class sound content for a new and exciting AAA project, while working closely with our Design and Engineering teams.What you'll be doing at Lost Boys Interactive:
- Work individually and with the team to achieve world class sound design and implementation in all areas of the project.
- Act as primary audio point person, liaising with game designers about their audio needs.
- Specify and design audio tools for our programming team.
- Collaborate on design approaches to the sound of the game with cross-functional teams
- Some music and dialogue implementation may be required.
- Help to outline, organize and run SFX recording sessions.
- Full cycle work experience as an Audio Designer on at least 2 shipped AAA titles
- 5+ years as a Sound Designer in the video games industry with increasing responsibility, including leading others.
- Significant sound design skills including composition, when necessary
- Good knowledge of field and studio recording
- Familiarity with Foley recording and application
- Responsive to feedback from cross-functional peers
- Innovative and adaptable; able to drive new audio features
- Strong Experience with the Unreal 4 engine.
- Strong experience using Wwise in a professional setting
- Working knowledge general game tools – e.g. source control tools (Perforce ideally)
- Proven experience in using game engines to implement and work with audio.
Lost Boys Interactive LLC is an equal opportunity employer.