We came across interesting new jobs at Larian Studios, Unity Denmark, and Riot Games LA – and they’re looking for an Internal Voice Director (England), Sound Design Intern (QC, Canada), Software Engineer Student Worker – Audio (Denmark), and Assistant Sound Designer (CA, US).
We also found openings for a Senior Sound Designer at Supermassive Games (England), Audio Project Coordinator at KWS Mexico (Mexico), Technical Sound Designer at ProbablyMonsters (WA, US), Sound Designer at Kylotonn (France), Senior Audio Artist 1 at EA Vancouver (BC, Canada), Sound Designer at Antimatter Games (England), Technical Audio Intern at Studio Gobo (England), and Audio Designer Intern at Studio Gobo (England).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs Facebook and LinkedIn groups also have opportunities for a Music Business Director at Ubisoft Paris (France), Junior Audio Tools at Rockstar North (Scotland), Senior Audio Designer at Funcom (Norway) – still available, Assistant Sound Editor at Riot Games LA (CA, US), Sound Designer/Mixer at Fitzrovia Post Production (England), Senior Sound Designer at Striking Distance (CA, US), Voice Designer at Ubisoft Malmo (Sweden), and Jr Dialogue Editor/Sound Designer at Deck Nine Games (CO, US). Happy job hunting!
Highlight – sound stories this week:
• Hear about the clever, creative approaches behind the great sound of Matrix Resurrections.
• Want to make it as a game composer? Check out insights from multi-award-winning composer Winifred Phillips here.
• Check out these great new podcast episodes about sound from the Audio Podcast Alliance.
Company: Larian Studios
Location: Guildford, UK
The Internal Voice Director will align with our Performance Director to make our voice over and mocap pipeline cohesive. There is a heavy overlap between our voice over and mocap pipelines aimed toward capturing a holistic representation of what actors bring to our story.
This is an opportunity to meaningfully impact and define the voice direction at Larian.What we will expect you to:
- Collaborate with the cinematic and animation teams to establish, execute and uphold the vision for vocal performances of the game
- Serve as the primary point of contact between Larian and external voice recording studio
- Uphold deadlines for voice recording and implementation while advocating for the quality of the delivered VO
- Define the dramatic voice of our characters and provide creative vision for on-site voice directors
- Be intimately familiar with the game's dialogs and situations so as to provide external directors and actors with the exact voice direction they need
- Has over 5 years of experience in providing direction to actors, communicating with engineers, and overseeing the implementation of voiced assets in a game
- Is passionate about delivering emotion-led narrative content and fostering the development of our actors
- Can generate re-take sheets to minimise re-records to areas of the game that require them
- Can execute a vision of how individual performances will play off each other and deliver impact
- Can plan for the verbal execution of character arcs
- Has working knowledge of Google Sheets/ Excel
- Has excellent organization and communication skills
- Is comfortable in an agile environment with evolving needs
- Have shipped multiple games as a Voice Director.
- You've developed relationships with actors and talent across the UK.
- Are comfortable working in a live-development environment, as this isn't post-production.
Company: Larian Studios
Location: Quebec City, QC, Canada
With multiple awards to our name, Larian Studios has proven that we’re dedicated to delivering high-quality role-playing games. We engage our players on every level with combat, exploration, puzzles, dialogue… and sound design. To take our upcoming games to new and greater heights, we’re looking for an experienced and passionate Sound Designer.Responsibilities
- Design, implement and mix high-quality sound effects.
- Work together with the Larian Studios audio team.
- Record and create new sound effects and ambient tracks on demand.
- Participate in the development and improvement of the audio production pipeline.
- Active communication with multiple development departments to ensure that all sound needs are covered, at industry-leading quality levels.
- Experience with Wwise.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Fast learner, who feels equally comfortable learning from other team members as sharing his/her knowledge with them.
- Organized and adaptable.
- Available to work in the office of Larian Studios in Quebec City, Canada.
- Experience with Reaper.
- Experience with music implementation.
- Passionate gamer.
Company: Unity Denmark
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Do you have a quality mentality and want to work with interactive audio? Are you passionate and curious about audio and music? Then this role might be exciting for you. Your day to day would involve working closely with the audio team and partners such as product managers to validate and evaluate the quality of the features being developed. We are looking for someone who enjoys scripting or building audio plugins. If this resonates well with you and if you enjoy producing high quality work, we look forward to hear from you! Come join us!What you’ll be doing
- Collaborate with the development team towards better software and tooling quality
- Work closely the team QA to provide early feedback and test new features
- Come up with ideas for automated test for audio features, develop tests and using and upgrade existing testing frameworks
- Partner with developers and test engineers to improve test and release processes
- Do samples and exploratory testing
- You must currently be enrolled in a relevant Bachelor or Master’s degree program such as Audio Design, Gaming or Computer science
- Prior experience using Unity or other gaming engine or Audio middleware as part of studies or work
- Experience/familiarity with C# or C++
- Proven interest or passion for audio/music
- Someone who is self-motivated and able to work independently
- Audio design skills or interest
- Previous experience with a game production company in a similar student worker role or enrolled in DADIU
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Company: Riot Games LA
Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Deck Nine Games is currently hiring a dual role Dialogue Editor/Sound Designer for an exciting new game. This is a hybrid position, as part of the job will require you to be on-site, but you could also work from home when not needed on-site. As Dialogue Editor you will own the dialogue process from capturing voiceover in motion capture and booth sessions to final implementation. The Dialogue Editor role will be your main role, but with any downtime between vocal sessions, processing, and implementation you will support the game as a sound designer creating awesome sounds and offering support to the SFX pipeline. The ideal junior-level candidate will have experience with digital audio, plugins and processing, a good understanding of interactive game audio, and a professional and courteous demeanor as you will be interfacing with outside actors and voiceover talent.Responsibilities:
- Be present at all motion capture sessions and vocal booth sessions that will be recording dialogue pertaining to our game. You will help ensure that we are recording high quality voiceover, troubleshoot signal path or mic issues that come up, and be meticulous about keeping up-to-date spreadsheets from those sessions
- Edit voiceover using Reaper and other Deck Nine proprietary tools
- Use post-production plugins such as EQ, compression, noise reduction, and others to ensure smooth, quality recordings, taking out any unwanted room noise, mouth noise, or artifacts that may be in the recordings
- Implement dialogue using Wwise and other Deck Nine proprietary tools
- Work with the Audio Director and Motion Capture, Cinematics, and Design teams in the Dialogue Editing and Sound Design process
- Testing and debugging your work in builds of the game to make sure audio you implement is working as desired
- Work effectively in a highly collaborative environment that covers a wide range of people and departments
- Skilled in digital audio creation and editing – using DAW’s such as Reaper, Pro Tools, or equivalent
- Some experience in sound design, foley, and interactive audio implementation
- Experience with audio post production plugins for voice and sound design
- Wwise experience is a big plus
- Motivated self-starter who enjoys collaboration
- Attention to detail and willingness to learn
- Professional, courteous, and helpful appearance and personality during mocap and voiceover sessions, as you’ll be interfacing with actors and voiceover talent
- Must be able to relocate to work the Denver/Boulder/Westminster area
PLEASE INCLUDE LINKS TO ANY OF YOUR SOUND DESIGN OR AUDIO WORK.Benefits
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Generous Vacation Time and paid Parental Leave
- Health insurance for you and your family at a low cost to you
- Dental and Vision insurance for you and your family at NO cost to you
- Life and Disability benefits at NO cost to you
- Optional Flexible Spending Account (including Healthcare and Limited Purpose), Dependent Care Account, and Health Savings Account available
- Optional Supplemental Health and Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with an Employer Match
- Growth opportunities for your career
Salary Range: $45,000-$60,000 DOEPlease note that the compensation information is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay Transparency Rules. It is estimated based on what a successful Colorado applicant might be paid. It assumes that the successful candidate will be in Colorado or perform the position from Colorado. Similar positions located outside of Colorado will not necessarily receive the same compensation.
About Deck Nine
Here at Deck Nine Games our passion is storytelling games. We are an independent game developer dedicated to crafting AAA interactive story games that inspire, transform, and entertain players. In 2021 we released Life is Strange True Colors, which went on to win multiple awards for storytelling and visuals, including best storytelling for 2021 and a VGA for Games for Impact. Recently we announced that we are developing a game for the hit sci-fi Amazon series, The Expanse. Our prior titles have won multiple awards, including Game of the Year and nominations for VGA and BAFTA awards. The studio is 100+ amazing people both located in our headquarters in sunny Westminster, Colorado and spread throughout the world permanently remote.
As the crafters of stories that encompass the full breadth of life’s experiences, Deck Nine is committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and multicultural team in which people from all walks of life feel inspired to do their best work. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and believe deeply in the creativity and strength built from diversity of race, religion, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, nationality, and the many other qualities that make us different.
If this sounds appealing to you, please apply now!