We came across interesting new jobs at Velan Studios, Rockstar North, Counterplay Games, and The Sandbox Game – and they’re looking for an Audio Designer (NY, US), Audio Machine Learning Engineer (Scotland), Audio Lead (Remote), and Lead Audio/Sound Designer (Canada).
We also found openings for a Sound Design Intern at WarnerMedia Studios (Remote / GA, US), Voice-over Coordinator at Publicis Group (Worldwide), Technical Sound Designer at King (Spain), Audio Director at Free Radical Design (England), Sound Designer at Free Radical Design (England), Audio Programmer at Free Radical Design (England), Dialogue Coordinator at Build a Rocket Boy (Scotland), Music Licensing Manager at Space Ape Games (England), Technical Audio Artist at EA Battlefield Seattle (WA, US), Audio Artist II at EA Redwood City (CA, US), Sound Designer at Light & Wonder (NV, US), Sound Designer at SANS Institute (MD, US / Remote), Sound Designer at Middle East Broadcasting Networks (VA, US), Associate Sound Designer at NetherRealm Studios (IL, US), and Senior UX Sound Designer for Consumer Robotics at Amazon (CA, US).
Highlight – sound stories this week:
• Pushing the limits of synthesized sound design – hear these amazing Phase Plant examples by Joel Blanco Berg
• Go behind Trek to Yomi’s great score with game composer Cody Matthew Johnson
• Take part in the Mystery Sound Quiz here
• Behind the Subtle and Disturbing Sound of Apple TV+ series Severance
Company: Velan Studios
Location: Troy, NY, US
We are Velan Studios, an independent game developer with a passion for the unconventional. We make innovative games in a variety of genres with accessibility and depth to delight our audiences, no matter who they are. We believe in maintaining a creative, collaborative, and diverse team environment at our studio, and we are looking for passionate and capable people to join our team of experienced AAA console developers.
We are seeking an Audio Design generalist who is comfortable working in multiple contexts on whatever task needs immediate attention.Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Audio Leads, Game Director, Designers, Artists and Programmers to create and implement sound assets that match the aesthetic and technical specifications of both Original and Existing IP game projects.
- Create and maintain audio technology documentation.
- Integrate feedback from leads, user tests, and QA reviews into your work.
- Interactive and linear sound effects design, music editing, dialogue editing, processing and mixing.
- Troubleshoot audio issues and work within established memory budgets and performance requirements across multiple platforms.
- Collaborate with programmers to improve existing technology and develop new features.
- 1+ years as an Audio/Sound Designer, or relevant experience.
- Audio editing, synthesis, processing, and mixing skills – particularly with sound effects and dialog.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work productively and efficiently toward deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Self-direction, passion, collaboration, and creativity in your work.
- A strong sense of design aesthetic and understanding of how audio complements design.
- Technical understanding of sound design pipelines and scripting.
- Knowledge and experience of at least one current industry standard DAW, such as Pro Tools, Reaper, Logic etc.
- A portfolio that demonstrates user-centered design approaches, interaction design standards, and methodology.
- Experience with game audio middleware. WWise/FMOD etc.
- Experience with scripting languages and or C/C++ Programming.
- Expertise with 3D Level Editing tools and/or middleware.
- Music Composition expertise
- An interest in design and technology trends, especially as applied to Interactive or Mixed Reality applications.
- 3-5 minute video file with footage from games/products on which you’ve worked
- A cue sheet or superimposed text explaining your contributions to the footage
- A diverse selection of footage including various types of work
Velan Studios is an independent studio comprised of a passionate and diverse team of seasoned developers. We are the creators behind Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit and Knockout City. Velan Studios’ mission is to create ground-breaking game experiences centered on new forms of play across both existing and emerging platforms. Velan Studios maintains a team of both remote and on-site employees. On-site employees work from our office in Troy, NY.
Company: Rockstar North
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar North is on the lookout for a talented Machine Learning Engineer who is passionate about applying ML to a variety of audio-related applications in order to create unique player experiences. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Edinburgh, Scotland.WHAT WE DO
- We bring the latest breakthroughs in audio-related machine learning research into production.
- We apply ML to both immediate production use-cases and longer-term research goals.
- We work in a highly creative environment, contributing to world-class interactive experiences.
- We are a small, ambitious and fast-moving team within the wider audio department with plenty of opportunities for impact and individual contribution.
- Implement and deploy robust audio-related generative models and classifiers.
- Work closely with researchers to convert research prototypes into production-ready systems.
- Set up, monitor and maintain inference pipelines.
- Optimize models for on-device inference.
- Perform statistical analysis of data, creating visualizations as required.
- Prepare and manage audio and text data, creating robust pipelines as required.
- Keep up to date with the latest ML/AI research trends and industry best practices.
- Degree in computer science or equivalent industry experience.
- Strong Python programming skills.
- Expertise with ML frameworks such as Tensorflow and Pytorch.
- Experience with data management and pipelines best practices.
- Good communication skills.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- C/C++ and C# programming skills.
- Passion for video games and the opportunities for ML to create exciting new player experiences.
- Audio domain experience (speech, music, digital signal processing).
- Experience implementing models directly from research papers.
Please apply with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
Company: Counterplay Games
Counterplay Games is looking for an experienced Audio Lead for a new AAA game currently being developed using Unreal Engine. As the Audio Lead, you will be responsible for collaborating with the creative leadership team and other key stakeholders to define and execute on the audio quality bar and vision for the game.Responsibilities
- Define and communicate audio goals between internal and external developers, including sound designers and our composer
- Act as the primary Audio contact for all other disciplines and departments
- Receive feedback from stakeholders and effectively communicate direction to developers
- Responsible for sound design creation, including recording, editing, and integration of game ready assets using Wwise and Unreal
- Coordinate with other disciplines and define best practices, pipeline, and audio style
- Collaborate with the narrative and design teams to bring our story and characters to life
- Assist with casting and attend VO recording sessions and provide feedback when necessary
- Test, validate, and debug audio assets inside and outside of the engine
- Experienced in recording and creating audio assets for video games including environment, characters, weapons, and foley
- Experience with live VO recording sessions
- Experienced in leading an audio team to meet goals and deadlines
- Experienced in developing games that use proprietary audio engines or middleware such as Wwise
- Experienced in implementing audio in Unreal Engine
- Experienced in processing sounds into game ready content
- Expertise in the holistic game audio process: sound design, voice over, music, technology, player experience, and audio accessibility
- Knowledge of sound design, voice over, & music implementation methods
- Professional experience with testing and debugging implemented sounds within engine
- Experience as part of a game development team in a Senior Audio role with at least one major title shipped (PC or Console)
- Bachelor's degree in either Music Technology, Audio Engineering, or equivalent professional experience (2+ years)
- Familiarity with 3D spatialized audio
- Some programming, scripting, or UE Blueprint experience
- Previous experience shipping a AAA game as an Audio Lead or Sr. Sound Designer
- Advanced Wwise user, experience with Unreal Engine
Company: The Sandbox Game
We are seeking a talented, enthusiastic, and creative individual with demonstrable audio experience to join our sound team.
The lead sound designer will ensure the bridge between the audio artistic direction of the game and its implementation within the technical and production constraints. Much like sound effects editors in the film industry, the main job of a sound designer is to search through commercial audio libraries to find the right sounds for a project, or, when the right sounds cannot be found or licensed, record sounds in the studio or the field and process them through a digital audio.What you will do
- Working with the creative team and attending all production meetings.
- Designing all sound required for the show, including pre-recorded and noises created during the game.
- Sourcing all sound effects.
- Designer will work closely with the audio, music and programming teams to create, implement, maintain and debug complex audio playback systems for our games.
- Follow up the implementation and development of 3rd party partners.
- Recruit more Audio Sound Designer according to the needs.
- A love of and curiosity for sound.
- The ability to research and pitch your ideas to senior colleagues.
- An understanding of how sound works alongside other elements, including set, lighting, moving image, or an interactive virtual world.
- The ability to record in a studio and on location.
- Good stress management skills and a good attitude.
- Extensive knowledge of the industry, different audio professions and audio post.
- Up to date in your knowledge and use of the latest technology.
- Attention to detail as well as excellent global vision.
- Bilingual in French and English, both written and oral.
- Multiple years of experience in gaming, TV or advertising as an audio artist, editor, or audio technician.