We came across interesting new jobs at Team Audio, Firesprite, Housemarque, and Bungie – and they’re looking for a Voice Over Coordinator (Remote), Audio Producer (England), Audio Lead (Finland), and Dialogue Lead (Remote).
We also found openings for an Audio Programmer at Liquid Swords (Sweden), Audio Administrator at Artlist (Israel), Junior Audio Programmer at Tazman-Audio (England / Remote), Staff Audio Research Engineer at PlayStation (CA, US), Sound Designer at Ascential Podcasts (England), Principal Audio Programmer at Frontier Developments (England), and Junior Voice Designer at Ubisoft Düsseldorf (Germany).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs Facebook and LinkedIn groups also have opportunities for a Project Audio Director at Creative Assembly Horsham (England), Sound Designer at Brass Lion (US/Canada Remote), Audio Programmer at Eidos-Montréal (QC, Canada), Senior Audio Software Engineer at Magic Leap (FL, US), Senior Sound Designer at Paradox Interactive (Sweden), a Sound Designer and a Technical Sound Designer at Twin Suns (Remote), Mix Assistant at Formosa Toronto (ON, Canada), and Audio Director at Amazon Games (QC, Canada). Happy job hunting!
Highlight – sound stories this week:
• Behind The Northman’s Gritty Sound – with James Harrison and Kevin Penney
• Last Chance: Sharpen and showcase your sound design skills + win wild prizes in the huge sound design contest here
• Greg Lester highlights 11 game audio resources, including guides, interviews, tools, books, podcasts, sound libraries, community sites, jobs, events and more
• Here’s your chance to get 20 premium SampleTraxx sound effects – for free
Company: Team Audio
We are looking for a Voice Over Coordinator to help us maintain and organize Voice Over scripts, assets, and sessions.You’d be a great fit if you can:
- Work closely with the Voice Over Producer to help coordinate project needs
- Help with Voice Over script and asset organization
- Help with notation during Voice Over sessions
- Communicate regularly on Slack and other widely used communication tools
- Help maintain Voice Over schedules and tasks
- Work hours that are compatible with Pacific to Eastern time zones
- Can assist in Voice Over implementation
- Can learn new tools and help maintain proprietary databases
- Is familiar with Voice Over for video games
- Have experience doing Voice Over Editorial
- Want to explore Voice Over Effects
- Enjoy recording scratch Voice Over
- Have experience working remotely
- Have experience with Excel and Google Sheets
- Have experience using DAWS such as Reaper or ProTools
- Have used Perforce, Jira, and other collaborative tools
Location: Liverpool, UK
A visionary game development studio founded in 2012, Firesprite builds innovative showcase titles for PlayStation platforms as part of the PlayStation Studios family.
Would you enjoy the freedom to create AAA games working from anywhere in the UK, including our Liverpool studio?
We are looking for an Audio Producer to join us on a dark, story-driven next generation 'Narrative Adventure' with genre defining goals.
This huge, highly ambitious partnership project takes atmosphere, storytelling, player agency and narrative firmly into ground-breaking territory on next-generation hardware technologies with a heavy focus on art, animation, audio and delivering unique character performances to heighten player presence and immersion to new levels.
This is a great opportunity for a driven individual looking for their next challenge, as the team is at an early stage, you will ensure the audio design is a central pillar of the development.
As an Audio Producer you will work closely with the Audio team, Dev Management Team, outsourcers and external vendors to help deliver the audio aspirations of the project.Key Responsibilites:
- To manage the planning of Audio for any given project.
- To work and collaborate with internal disciplines and external audio vendors.
- Task tracking the audio team (inc. outsourcers and contractors) and balancing allocations.
Running daily scrums, sprints, and retrospectives
Working with the directors to track high level progress of roadmaps and major deliverables.
- Effective sprint planning to help achieve the higher-level goals.
- Breaking down goals into tangible tasks, consolidating or separating detail where needed.
- Catching blockers and working to get them resolved.
Communicating and reporting on the progress of audio to other teams outside of audio.
Mentor, Encourage and set high standards for junior members of the team to follow.
You are an extremely proactive person who is looking to take a major role in a AAA branching narrative game. You are ready to jump at a rare opportunity to deliver a landmark title and to help build a world-class audio team.
More than 2 years as a producer or sound designer with more than 1 title shipped.
Experience with task management software (Jira, Hansoft, etc)
- Experience with version control software (Perforce, SVN, etc)
- Experience with Agile Task Management
- Proactive, self-sufficient, collaborative approach to work.
An understanding of third-party middleware, especially WWise & UE4.
An understanding of their limitations and advantages.
- Private Healthcare Plan
- Bonus Scheme
- Enhanced Holiday Allowance
- Pension Plans
- Work remotely within the UK
- Training & Development
- Employee Assistance Programme – Counselling
Firesprite is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We welcome and encourage applications from all suitable applicants regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Location: Helsinki, Finland
As the Audio Lead for the talented and passionate team behind RETURNAL you will work closely with the creative director, narrative director, codev partners and other team members to help drive the next evolution of Housemarque games. It will be your role to ensure audio excellence and quality across the game, and champion the artistic vision of the project.What will your day-to-day look like?
- Leading the Audio with Playstation Studios across the sound design, music and use of audio across the entire game experience
- Supporting audio design by assisting with technical setup and other support when required
- Creating audio prototypes and documentation to guide audio teams and project
- Seeking to improve and maintain good work methods and development pipelines
- Cross-team collaboration (level art, design, VFX, audio etc) to combine all elements
- 5+ years of experience as an Audio Designer in AAA games, with preferably some experience in a lead role
- Passion for sound design, music and storytelling
- Understanding of workflows for the creation of world class audio
- Deep understanding of Unreal Engine or other game engines
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Strong prioritization and time management skills
- Fluent spoken and written English
At Housemarque, we believe "Game is King!" because gameplay always comes first.
With technical excellence and compelling narrative, spiced with our trademark neon flair and top-notch audiovisual feedback, we want our players to always feel actively engaged with the worlds we have created for them.
Our latest Award-Winning game Returnal, released on PS5 in 2021, embraces all these qualities. THIS is our DNA!
We value Nordic work-life balance by growing sustainably and ensuring our employees have the time and means to develop personally and professionally during work time.
If you wish to join us for our next journey, apply today!What we offer to you?
- Competitive salary, benefits, healthcare, Nordic work-life balance
- Tailored immigration and relocation package to help you get settled into Finland
- A warm and welcoming atmosphere at our cozy Helsinki office
- Freedom, flexibility and openness in a collaborative culture
- Brilliant, diverse and empathetic colleagues to work with
- Exciting and ambitious projects executed with the best tools
- Access to Playstation Studios collaboration, games and more!
Bungie is looking for an experienced Dialogue Lead to shepherd spoken dialogue from script preparation through recording to final integration on an exciting new title!
As a Dialogue Lead, you will be responsible for planning and overseeing the production and implementation of in-game dialogue. You will report to the project Audio Lead. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of audio storytelling in an interactive medium, as well as proven technical and creative skills in delivering compelling dialogue-driven character performances. You will be working closely with the Audio Lead, Narrative Director, Narrative Leads, Designers, and various Content Creators to iterate on processes and content to meet the needs of the evolving narrative experience of a live game.
This position requires a self-motivated, creative, optimistic problem-solver. With a focus on teamwork and cross-discipline collaboration, you will have a fantastic opportunity to work with a talented team of storytellers to deliver compelling character performances in the Destiny universe.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate with Audio Lead to ensure that best practices are being adhered to in Dialogue Production.
- Align with Narrative Director on casting goals and overall creative direction.
- Collaborate with Narrative and Production to ensure achievable dialogue scope and schedules.
- Manage project-specific VO budgets.
- Build and maintain relationships with external casting agencies and oversee the casting process from beginning to end.
- Coordinate with recording studios to book and schedule sessions.
- Work closely with the Narrative Director, Narrative Leads, Audio Leads, Writers, and Designers to prepare scripts for recording sessions.
- Collaborate with the VO Director to get the best performances from our actors.
- Oversee the delivery of recorded dialogue assets, on time and at quality.
- Liaise with the Sound Design Team to drive dialogue post-processing and mix.
- Polish placement and timing of the final dialogue to craft an immersive experience.
- Provide input into dialogue deployment mechanisms to achieve compelling characterizations.
- Drive new tools, technology, and processes to support the dialogue pipeline.
- Promote teamwork and healthy collaboration between the dialogue team and cross-discipline
- Strong understanding of character, storytelling, and dialogue production for video games.
- Sensitivity to the needs of game dialogue to reflect a range of expressions and identities.
- Demonstrated experience with in-game dialogue, creative and/or VO direction.
- History of collaboration across multiple disciplines including writing, design, and audio.
- Extensive experience with manual and automated dialogue editorial, cleanup, and de-noising.
- Ability to define process and practices to manage large quantities of voice assets.
- Meticulous attention to detail and a passion for adherence to naming conventions.
- Must be open to and willing to respond to feedback on multiple levels.
- Experience with Games as a Service (GaaS).
- Familiarity with the Destiny franchise.
Most Bungie employees and contractors will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, OR, TX, or WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.