We came across interesting new jobs at 344 Audio, Liquid Swords,
Bad Robot Games, and Skeleton Key – and they’re looking for an Audio Craftsman (England), Audio Designer (Sweden), and Audio Director (TX, US).
We also found openings for an Audio Programmer at Massive Entertainment (Sweden), Sound Designer at Ubisoft Bucharest (Romania), Senior Audio Designer at Ubisoft Shanghai (SH, China), Audio Artist II at EA Create (ON, Canada), Sound Designer at ArenaNet (WA, US), Technical Audio Designer at That’s No Moon Entertainment (CA, US), Audio Programmer at PixelAnt Games (Czech Reoublic), VR Sound Designer at Nimble Giant Entertainment (Remote), Audio Programmer and Audio Director at Liquid Swords (Sweden), Sound Designer at PitStop Productions (England), Sound Designer at Valve Corporation (WA, US), Graduate Research Scientist in Speech/Audio/Music/NLP at TikTok (CA, US), Podcast Audio Engineer at Earwolf Studios (CA, US / Hybrid Remote), and Sound Designer at TheSoul Publishing (Bulgaria / Remote).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs Facebook and LinkedIn groups also have an opportunity for an Assistant Professor of Drama – Sound Design at University of Washington (WA, US), and a Content Producer at the BBC Audio Science Unit (England).
Having trouble viewing the LinkedIn jobs? Be sure to join the LinkedIn Audio Jobs group here first. Happy job hunting!
Highlight – sound stories this week:
Company: 344 Audio
Location: Manchester, UK
The team at 344 Audio are a forward thinking, eccentric group of Audio Craftsmen with a passion for great sound. We are searching for a Sound Designer to join us in our journey to provide exceptional service and produce outstanding results.
What do we do? We provide innovative sonic storytelling, high quality sound effects, and tailored audio education to people who value the extraordinary.
– Audio-Post Services: Our expertise goes into collaborating with clients from all over the world, guiding them to build the film soundtrack of their dreams. We cover foley, dialogue editing, ADR, sound effects editing and composition all from within our studios and team.
– Sound Effects Libraries: Our Audio Craftsmen currently release a number of products each week, full of unique sounds for customers to purchase through our online store & 3rd party distributors.
– Education: Our latest addition to the business consists of a 6 month course which covers everything you need to know to deliver full audio post services to clients.
– Craftsmanship: You take pride when crafting sounds and ensure that they are of extraordinary quality. – Integrity: You own it and get it done. Honestly is the sure way to build connections and provide quality service.
– Trust: You build a deep level of trust with other members of a team in order to be given more responsibility and to create magic.
– Precision: You take a robust approach to your work and ensure that it meets professional industry standards.
– Eccentricity: You bring your own energy to our family and provide your unique insight to projects.
Where are we based? The Stables, The Old Court House, Chapel Street, Dukinfield, Manchester, SK16 4DY.
Your role: As an Audio Craftsman at 344, you will be a valued member of the crew, working to produce SFX libraries and build client projects and relationships. Not only that, but you will also be contributing to the business' social media and brand outreach. You will be welcomed into our family of sound, and work amongst experienced professionals to produce magic for our clients. You'll be fully integrated into the team and become a crucial component that powers the 344 Audio vision.
Prerequisites: We primarily use Pro Tools as our DAW, so we ask that you have intermediate/advanced knowledge of the software. You will have the ability to work and problem-solve independently and deliver client briefs to an exceptional standard. You should aid in the company's growth by suggesting new ideas and strategies while inspiring the next generation of sound designers.
Please ensure that you are ready to demonstrate your understanding of the following subjects upon application:
- Pro Tools Editing shortcuts on Windows & Mac
- Pro Tools File Management & Structure
- Full understanding of the Post Production workflow
- Creative Sound Design
- Dialogue Editing
- Field Recording
- Sound Effects Editing
Our typical working hours are 9.00 – 18:00 with an hour break for lunch.
We look forward to your application and hope to speak with you soon.
Best regards, The Audio Craftsmen
Company: Liquid Swords
Location: Nacka, Sweden
The Design group at Liquid Swords is a creative dream team. Composed of level, gameplay, audio, narrative and technical designers, this design collective has a long list of AAA titles under its belt. Each member serves as architect and champion of the experience, working to harmonize the game experience with visual and narrative design, and orchestrating a player experience that is equal parts challenge and reward.
How Audio Designers fit into the bigger picture
As an Audio Designer at Liquid Swords, the breadth of your influence is limited only by your love of aural storytelling and your drive for realization through game audio. In this ace team, your contributions will set standards that permeate all facets of the player experience.
To realize the vision, you will evangelize audio. Through collaboration with a team of experienced artists, designers, and engineers, you will serve as co-author of the audio design. You will share the responsibility for selecting and developing technical solutions. And as an adept audio designer, you will craft content that shapes immersive, meaningful soundscapes.
Is this you?
✓ You are a seasoned Audio Designer and developer, with an ear for immersive story-telling and an affinity for building rich, layered, and contextual game audio
✓ As a proficient developer, you have multiple AAA titles in your quiver. Your game audio accomplishments demonstrate a strong comprehension of Wwise, or similar middleware, and show the scripting and programming expertise required to deliver audio perfection
✓ You have a tenacity for delivering unrivaled sound designs. You are known to develop innovative solutions which leverage a comprehensive knowledge of field recording tools, gear, microphones, and techniques
✓ You flourish when you’re part of a high-performing team, in an honest and creative environment
✓ You strive to evolve within your craft and possess an overwhelming drive to create a world-class audio experience
Founded in 2020, Liquid Swords was established to be purposefully raw and dismantle the silos of game development so that we empower our people to achieve amazing results.
We are cultivating a culture and offering an environment that truly nurtures creativity. Liquid Swords share a common understanding – original ideas inspire great games, and great games are built by remarkable teams.
Company: Bad Robot Games
Location: Bad Salzuflen, Germany
As the games division of Bad Robot Productions (Lost, Cloverfield, Westworld, Star Wars, Star Trek), we at Bad Robot Games are on a mission to continually reinvent how stories are played.
We are a remote-first games company represented by a diverse team, which empowers us to make the kinds of games in which all players can see themselves. Working closely with our colleagues at Bad Robot Productions, our projects unite our extensive network of games, TV, and film industry talent to create original IPs, expansive worlds and tell new stories across all media platforms which are as fun to watch as they are to play.
Bad Robot Games seeks an exceptional Sound Designer to help us deliver compelling experiences. Leverage your unique strengths to elevate the s oundscape of our current and future projects in the tradition of audio excellence that’s been a Bad Robot hallmark.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create a variety of audio assets for games and other forms of interactive entertainment, including Foley, backgrounds, vehicles, creatures, weapons, spells, props, and user interface.
- Contribute to multiple contexts of audio work as needed, such as dialog, trailers, presentations, field recordings, internal sound library, tools, features, systems, pipeline, technology, and aesthetics.
- Embrace established audio direction and quality benchmarks.
- Accurately scope and timely deliver work with best audio professional practices.
- Collectively learn and grow with constructive feedback given and taken.
- At least three years of relevant audio experience (e.g. games, film/TV, or related).
- Strong sound design skills, including recording, editing, processing, mixing, and mastering.
- A keen sense for aural aesthetics and effective sound design for a variety of media, genres, and platforms, such as PC, consoles, mobile, and streaming.
- Comfortable and effective remotely collaborating with teams and colleagues.
- Detailed and organized, with a disciplined work ethic.
- Experience with commercial (Unreal, Unity) and/or proprietary game engines and/or audio middleware (ADX, Miles, FMOD, Wwise, Scream, etc.).
- Fluency in game audio integration and technical sound design.
- Experience working in different genres, e.g. fantasy, horror, and sci-fi.
Bad Robot Games recruiters will never ask you for money or to provide financial information during our recruiting process. Scammers often request money transfers for Visa processing fees or travel expenses, as well as personal information including passport info, social security numbers, credit card or bank account information.Bad Robot Games recruiters will never use personal email (including @gmail) accounts when contacting candidates. We also do NOT interview or screen candidates over messenger or text-based chat. All communication will be tied to badrobotgames.comBad Robot Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
Company: Skeleton Key
Location: Austin, TX, US
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Skeleton Key is a new game development studio and division of Wizards of the Coast. We are a group of industry veterans who are guided by the belief that empowering our teams and providing the proper time, tools, and support we can foster a creative culture where everyone can do their best work.
Our new studio will be located in Austin, TX, and we are looking for a passionate and dedicated Audio Director to join us and build and manage a diverse team of audio designers and engineers that will be tasked with helping concept, establish, and implement a cohesive and engaging audio experience.
Reporting to the studio GM you will play a meaningful role as we concept and kick off pre-production. In this role, you will build and lead our audio team and deliver an immersive soundscape that elevates the player experience of our first game. The ideal candidate is an experienced leader in sound design and audio production for AAA games who fosters teamwork and builds trust with leadership and developers alike.What You’ll Do:
- Establish and articulate an audio vision for the game.
- Build and mentor an audio team to deliver industry-leading sound design.
- Work with external partners to fill any gaps in skills or capacity.
- Select a composer and lead production for the soundtrack of the game.
- Collaborate with the Cinematic Director on casting, VO, and PCap for cinematics.
- Identify technical audio requirements to the Engineering team and assure they're met.
- Integrate sound design into the development process, creating a collaborative relationship that fosters quality and a healthy work environment.
- Maintain the audio budget and partner with the Production team to align audio planning with the rest of the project.
- 8+ years in audio production at a senior level on multiple AAA games.
- Deep understanding of game audio technology.
- Musical knowledge as a producer, composer, and/or musician.
- Solid foundation in audio equipment setup and usage.
- Preferred experience in horror or thriller video games or film.
- Ability to manage budgets, contracts, schedules, and production for both internal and external audio teams and vendors.
- Experience with composers, soundtrack recording, and production.
- Experience with VO recording and PCap.
- Team leadership and mentorship skills.
- Open and collaborative communications style.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.