We came across interesting new jobs at Free Range Games, Moon Active, Splash Damage, and Game On Studio – and they’re looking for an Audio Director (CA, US), Sound Designer (Israel), Audio Designer (England), and Audio Team Lead (QC, Canada).
We also found openings for a QA Tester at Krotos (Scotland), Technical Sound Designer at PlayStation (England), Audio Programmer at PlayStation (England), Audio Programmer at Cloud Imperium (England), Games Sound Designer at Royal Wins (NSW, Australia), Sound Designer at Dervico (South Africa), Junior Audio Engineer at Voicebooking.com (Netherlands), Audio Engineer at manicpod (MA, India), Senior Audio Engineer at Survios (CA, US), Lecturer in Music at Goldsmiths (England), Voice-Over Manager and Designer at Gameloft Montréal (QC, Canada), Music Curator at Gameloft Montréal (QC, Canada), Research Associate in Spatial Audio and VR at Imperial College London (England), Senior Audio Designer at Splash Damage (England), Lead Audio Designer at Splash Damage (England), and a Contract Music Editor and a Contract Technical Music Designer – both at Bungie (remote/WA, US).
And be sure to check out the The Audio Jobs group for more opportunities! Happy job hunting!
• Ashton Mills explores how game audio can help convey information from a broad range of senses – for a much richer gaming experience.
• Renee Tondelli and Julian Slater discuss their realistic approach to the excellent sound in Netflix’s historical drama The Trial of the Chicago 7
• Barney Oram shares the story on how he created his excellent Western Black Powder Guns sound effects library
• Re-recording Mixer Sam Castleton takes you behind the sound for Netflix docu-series The Surgeon’s Cut.
Company: Free Range Games
Location: Sausalito, CA, US
Free Range Games grows games the old fashioned way: we don’t put our devs in cages, we work distributedly, and we don’t use toxic work/life trade-offs. Some of our crafters have worked together from PS1 to PS5 and will tell you about carving games one triangle at a time from punch cards.
We are some of the folk behind Spider-man, Tony Hawk, Lord of the Rings, Twitch Sings, Oddworld, Shrek Super Slam, and dozens of mobile and web games. We believe every member of the team has a voice in what the game should be.
You might have seen we have a whole crop of VR games and enterprise products coming up, but what we need you for to do is one of our Unreal next gen big budget games. We need great, self-driven, challenge-seeking developers to join us in creating something really special on the latest consoles. We like developers who thrive under management neglect.
Here at FRG, we care about one thing, and that’s making a great cup of game. Sure, it may take longer to brew, and we might not call it fancy names, but I guess we just care a little more. And that’s why Free Range Games are still made by the finest devs we can muster. Cooler games for a hipper world, focused on unique mechanics and moments of wonder rather than “hours of content” and “key performance indicators.”
We prioritize community, family, and love-of-gaming over process, crunching, and TPS reports. And maybe that’s what you want too.
We are looking for an Audio Director to lead our audio team on our next-gen video games and our ventures into AR and VR. We are currently working on a number of exciting new projects, both big and small. If you are interested in finding a home where you can challenge yourself to do your best work on original, creative titles, then hit us up.Responsibilities
- Design immersive and cinematic sound effects to engage players, drive the narrative, and deliver compelling audio experiences
- Provide expert direction, leadership, management, creation and integration of game audio over all projects. Sound, Voice and Music.
- Collaborate with Game Directors and rest of team to define game audio quality bar and vision
- Work with game team leads and production to ensure audio staff is represented on all teams, and that they are fully scheduled and tasked
- Oversee, develop, and document project pipelines and onboard new audio team members
- At least 6+ years of experience in game audio, including the full development cycles of a shipped AAA title
- Comprehensive understanding and practical experience in every facet of game audio production
- Proven experience working and coordinating with game developers from different disciplines
- Experience using Wwise across multiple full development cycles
- Experience using Unreal Engine and Blueprints on at least one full development cycle
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in an audio related field
- Experience working on open world games with emergent audio features and systems
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Free Range Games is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Free Range Games makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Free Range Games participates in E-Verify.
Company: Moon Active
Location: Tel Aviv, Israel
Moon Active, a Tel Aviv-based mobile games startup with millions of players worldwide is looking for a talented Sound Designer to join our amazing marketing art team. You will be responsible for designing the audio score concepts for Global A-List campaigns across all digital and social platforms.
As part of a great team, you will receive everything you can dream of: from super friendly and creative co-workers & a strong focus on your development to projects that will inspire the whole Gaming Industry.Responsibilities
- Bring visual concepts to life by creating exciting audio mixes and scores.
- Create soundtracks from scratch, using sound libraries, recordings, music and other audio assets.
- Edit sound effects, audio recordings and music into a high-quality stereo mix.
- Record materials such as dubbing, narration, foley, guides and music.
- Working with musicians and outsourced sound studios.
- Stay updated on the latest developments, trends and tools within Sound Design in Gaming.
- The ability to work in a dynamic environment within tight schedules.
- At least 3 years of experience in Sound Design as part of a Post Production industry – Animation, Commercials, Marketing, etc.
- Excellent knowledge with sound design software (Avid Pro Tools, Logic, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to create best-in-class sounds across various styles, themes, and aesthetics.
- Technical knowledge of operating hardware audio systems.
- Ability to manage schedules, execute multiple projects, and stay within deadlines.
- Brainstorming, being a key team-player within a creative team, and working closely with video editors, animators, and creative & Art directors.
- Music Composing, previous experience in a Gaming Company – Advantage.
- Be part of designing the newMoon actives in-house studio – Advantage.
*** PLEASE ATTACH A LINK TO AN ONLINE PORTFOLIO/SHOWREEL
(We will only contact resumes with portfolio links)
Company: Splash Damage
Location: London, UK
Come join us!
At Splash Damage, we’re dedicated to crafting team-based multiplayer games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork.
Our teams celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics earlier this year, and we’re currently developing Outcasters for Stadia along with several unannounced titles.
As an UnrealEngine focused studio, we're excited to be transitioning our teams to the latest in UE5 technology and we're looking for skilled and passionate developers to help us drive this.
We're advocates for work-life balance and offer a comprehensive benefits package focused on the well-being of our staff and their families. We believe that teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from. Therefore we're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard.
Due to the on-going COVID-19 outbreak, we're all currently working from home. We’re still looking to welcome new team members, who'll join us remotely until we return to the studio.The Role
We are seeking a mid-level Audio Designer with experience on AA and/or AAA games lead the audio design on an exciting new game. You will be working alongside a Technical Audio Designer who will be implementing your sound design creations and working closely with the game team to realise and execute the vision of the game.Required Skills
- Audio Designer with games industry experience and at least 1 complete cycle of a shipped AA or AAA game
- Produce world class sounds in line with the creative vision
- Skilled in a variety of sound from real world to synthetic
- Define the audio quality and functional benchmarks on the project
- Advanced Wwise user
- Competent with Unreal Engine
- Experience with Reaper and may popular effects plugins
- Demonstrate initiative and autonomy
- Have a good understanding of music and music editing
- Experience of working with speech and dialogue including creature voice design
- Experience mixing in 5.1 and 7.1 surround for game and linear media
- Experienced with the game production pipeline
- Ability to bug test and fix own work
- Tactics, weapon design and multiplayer experience
- Experience in producing dialogue pipelines, tools and playback systems
- A basic understanding of technical audio skills and implementation
- Experience with video editing tools such as Adobe Premiere
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
Company: Game On Studio
Location: Montréal, QC, Canada
Reporting to the Production Director, the Audio Team Lead will implement best processes, methods, and tools to deliver a quality project on time and using the allocated resources. The Audio Team Lead will manage the Audio Team, ensure the advancement of the work and attainment of production objectives, and ensure that the quality expectations of the projects will be met. The Audio Team Lead will have the creative and technical ownership of the Game On audio projects.
- Point of contact for projects, their deliveries, time frame and priorities with internal teams and external clients
- Artistic audio direction to elevate the quality and creativity of the projects
- Mentoring and training of the audio team to grow their talent and develop their technical skills
- Manage, prioritize, and assign the work to be carried out
- Recommend plans of action to handle delays that impact the content, schedule, or quality
- Ensure proper quality control of the projects with the Producer
- Working closely with our production and technical teams, ensuring an efficient and effective pipeline at all levels of the production
- Optimize and enhance work methods to coordinate teams and working units simply and clearly
- Participate on active audio projects by contributing on production tasks assigned
- Great communication skills
- Immaculate attention to detail
- Influential leadership
- Analysis and problem-solving skills
- Ability to assess risks and set out contingency plans
- Proactivity, dynamism, tact
- Result oriented and ability to work effectively under pressure
- Creative ear and awareness of latest audio technology
Additional InformationMinimum requirements:
- 7 years of experience in audio creation
- Worked on major entertainment projects
- Team management is a plus
- Experience in audio for videogames and creative service business an asset
- Bilingual (French and English)