We came across interesting new jobs at Tazman-Audio, Larian Studios, Empty Sea Audio, and Cloud Chamber – and they’re looking for a Junior Audio Programmer (England / Remote), Technical Sound Designer (England), Dialogue Editor (Remote / CA, US), and Senior Audio Designer (QC, Canada).
We also found openings for an Audio Programmer at Tazman-Audio (England / Remote), Dialogue Editor & Mastering Engineer at Empty Sea Audio (Remote / CA, US), Dialogue Quality Control Manager at Empty Sea Audio (Remote / CA, US), Lead Sound Designer at Creative Assembly Horsham (England), Lecturer in Sound Design at University of California Riverside (CA, US), UI Designer, Sound Team at Ableton (Germany), Senior Audio Artist I at EA Create (BC, Canada), Senior Sound Designer at CD Projekt Red (Poland), Audio Producer at dot.LA (CA, US), Audio Producer at Guardian News (England), Sound Designer at Omnidrone (Spain), Audio Engineer at DraftKings (NV, US), Sound Designer at Rogers Sports & Media (AB, Canada), Audio Engineer at Lionbridge Technologies (South Korea / Remote), Audio Engineer at KUDO (Remote / US), Applications Engineer Audio at Texas Instruments (TX, US), Lead Audio Design Engineer at Starkey Hearing (MN, US), and Audio Algorithm Engineer at Logitech (CA, US).
And be sure to check out The Audio Jobs group for more opportunities! Happy job hunting!
Highlight – sound stories this week:
• Audiologist Steven Taddei on your hearing, and how you can protect it when working in sound.
• Phillip Kovats has done game audio for many of the industry’s biggest titles – hear the story behind his extraordinary game audio career here.
• Lots of new sound effects libraries added – hear the very latest in sound effects here.
Location: UK / Remote
We are looking for a junior audio programmer to work on a variety of exciting audio projects including Fabric, our flagship middleware audio solution. This is a full time position based in the UK but currently working remotely.
We, in turn, will help you take your career far into the next level.Requirements:
- A real passion for audio programming
- A structured approach to programming with the desire to write clean, well commented, documented and maintainable code
- Knowledge of C++ and/or C# skills
- Knowledge of Unity and/or /UE4
- Ability to work independently, learn, adapt, and be self-motivated.
- Good communication skills – most of our communication is online, via Slack/Skype/Hangouts and email/Google Docs
To apply for this position, please send your CV along with any links to past projects or code examples to firstname.lastname@example.org
Company: Larian Studios
Location: Guildford, UK
Larian Studios – Guildford is looking to hire a full-time Technical Sound Designer to join our team! Here you will work with our audio team to implement and maintain audio systems within the game while communicating with teams across Europe, Asia and North America time zones. We're looking for a pioneer of audio middleware (Wwise is our weapon of choice), a connoisseur of the noble art of implementation with a passion for solving new and complex puzzles to ensure the realisation of the next generation audio soundscapes. If you are this person, we want to hear from you — please prepare your best portfolio with game audio systems implementation.Responsibilities
- Implement and maintain audio systems
- Script Audio triggers using our proprietary scripting tool
- Collaborate with our Tech Sound Design Team to ensure that the Sound Design Team has the tools needed to enrich the game with audio
- Collaborate and communicate with other departments to ensure that the systems are correctly incorporated
- Maintain Wwise project
- Create and maintain Audio documentation
- Define and enforce best practices around our audio systems
- Troubleshoot and debug audio tools, systems and functionality
- 2+ years of professional sound design experience in the video game industry
- Extensive experience with Audiokinetic's Wwise
- A portfolio showcasing game audio systems implementation
- One published AAA title credited where you have built and maintained part of the audio system
- Industry knowledge of common implementation strategies
- Experience with sound design and audio engineering practices (recording, mixing, mastering)
- Proficient with Reaper
- Excellent self time management and forecasting capabilities, synthesising the requests for a specific feature in a plan that includes ETAs and dependencies
- Familiarity with high level scripting languages (ex. Lua, Python, Ruby)
- Experience with automated workflows
- Familiarity with C++
- Experience in creating scripts for Reaper
- Experience with Batch processing practices
We are looking for highly motivated individuals with ever-evolving skillsets and passion for player experience. If you want to contribute to making amazing RPG experiences, we would love to hear from you.
Company: Empty Sea Audio
Location: Remote / CA, US
Empty Sea Audio is searching for experienced Dialogue Editors for various upcoming Video Game projects. This position is NOT a composer position. Position can be a remote or work-from-home arrangement for the right individuals. Candidates based in Los Angeles or the San Francisco Bay Area are preferred. Candidates should have at least three years of relevant professional experience as a Dialogue Editor for Video Games or other Interactive content. Must have a flexible schedule and be willing to work long hours and the occasional weekend.Mission Objectives:
- Be a team player and be willing to work within a pre-established workflow.
- Strict adherence to studio best practices. Absolute attentiveness to the clients’ needs, deliverable specs, file length constraints, and direction.
- Convert and organize OMFs/AAFs.
- Edit and clean selected and alternate dialogue takes as noted on scripts, including the occasional cobbling together of multiple takes. Remove pops, clicks, thumps, unnecessary breaths, and distortion from recordings. Noise reduction and other processing as necessary or required by the project.
- Meticulous attention to detail for file organization, management, and naming.
- Potentially adjust broad-stroke volume levels in accordance with client specs if the selected take is too loud/soft.
- Extensive experience working with MOCAP/PCAP material.
- Occasional quality control of material as assigned by Dialogue Quality Control Manager.
- A passion for storytelling and sound with a razor-sharp ear.
- At least 3 years of verifiable professional work experience as a Dialogue Editor for Video Games and Interactive content beyond apprentice or assistant level.
- Demonstrated proficiency working within a ProTools, Izotope RX, and Waves environment.
- Professional understanding of video frame rates, intuitive track layout, grouping, etc…
- A perfect eye for sync is a must.
- Meticulous organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is preferred but not required.
- Dialogue mastering experience.
- Knowledge of sound integration techniques for video games/interactive.
- Knowledge of loudness specs.
Candidates should email us at careers[at]empty-sea.com. Please include a resume as well as a link to your relevant reel. Candidates must have both a resume and a reel to be considered and should provide detailed descriptions of the tasks performed for each section of the reel. Reference Dialogue Editor – Interactive (Contract) in subject of email. No phone calls, please.
Company: Cloud Chamber
Location: Montréal, QC, Canada
Cloud Chamber is looking for a creative audio designer to join our talented team of developers. Our Senior Audio Designer will be responsible for delivering world class sound design and implementation. They will help refine the audio systems, asset pipeline and tools, and deliver on the Creative Director’s and Audio Director’s vision for an ambitious AAA, narratively driven, FPS project that is full of character and personality.Job Duties
- Concept, create and integrate world class interactive and linear sound design in Wwise and UE5
- Design and script audio control logic
- Work with the Audio Director & Audio Lead to help refine and execute the details of the project audio direction
- Mix and master audio assets and systems
- Provide input on the design and features of audio systems
- Oversee field recording sessions
- Mentor junior audio designers and share knowledge with the rest of the audio team
- Work closely with other disciplines to improve workflows, optimize asset pipelines and achieve the vision for the game
- Take ownership of key elements of audio for the project and oversee the work of other audio team members contributing to those areas
- 5 years’ experience in AAA sound design
- At least one AAA/major title shipped in a Sound Design role
- Solid organizational and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- High proficiency with Wwise
- High proficiency with UE4 preferred
- Strong proficiency with audio scripting
- Strong understanding of theoretical and practical audio engineering principles & techniques
- Experience working in various surround formats.
- Advanced knowledge of DAWs such as Pro Tools and Reaper, as well as sample editors and plug-ins
- Experience leading and supporting a team of audio designers to deliver high quality in an efficient manner
- A passion for making and playing games
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates these qualities
- Music editing
- FPS / Action game experience
- Interactive music implementation
- Foley editing
- Field recording
- In depth understanding of UE4 blueprints
- Experience with distributed development
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our passion and love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.