We came across interesting new jobs at FitXR, Behold Studios, King Barcelona, and Volley – and they’re looking for an Audio Engineer (England / NY, US), Sound Designer (ON, Canada), Audio Software Engineer (Spain), and Voice UX Designer (CA, US).
We also found openings for a Coordinator, Marketing Music at Netflix, Audio Mixer and Sound Designer at Play Sports Network (England), Music Clearance Manager at Upright Music (Denmark), Post-doc in Sound Interaction at Copenhagen IT University (Denmark), Music Partnership Manager – Games at Oculus (Czech Republic), VO Producer at Riot Games LA (CA, US), Sound Design Manager at Riot Games LA (CA, US), Audio Software Engineer at PlayStation (CA, US), Technical Audio Artist at EA (Canada / WA, US / FL, US), Freelance Game Sound Designer at Fermata Music & Sound (Remote), Senior Audio Designer at Raven Software (WI, US), Audio Production Assistant at Keywords Spain (Spain), Sound Engineer at Eyougame (Malaysia), Senior Audio Engineer at Amazon (CA, US), Content Development Engineer at Native Instruments (Germany), Re-Recording Mixers at Bang Post Production (UK), Marketing Sound Designer at Gameloft (CA), Technical Audio Manager at Pixelogic Media (CA, US), and VR Sound Designer at Anotherway Studio (Remote).
And be sure to check out the The Audio Jobs group for more opportunities. Happy job hunting!
Highlighted sound stories this week – click to read:
→ Jane Tattersall, David McCallum, and Brennan Mercer discuss the sonic details of Season 4 of The Handmaid’s Tale
→ Last chance to enter the sound quiz (with sound effect prizes worth $1000!)
→ Matthew Bennett created and shaped the sound of Windows, Skype & more – here are his sonic visions for the future of product sound
→ Indie Film Sound: Supervising Sound Editor Jacob Bloomfield-Misrach shares indie film sound insights from overseeing 100+ sound projects per year
Location: London, UK / New York, NY, US
We believe in a future where exercise everywhere – whether that is the gym, the park or at home – is enhanced through engaging technology that extends your reality.
To achieve this vision we are first building the world’s first virtual gym. We started life in a garden shed in Woking. Today, we’re known as the team behind the award-winning VR App FitXR, one of the top-selling games on the Oculus and Steam stores. We have big plans for the future, and our growing team of developers, marketers and fitness gurus are working to create some truly iconic games to show that staying fit and having fun are not mutually exclusive.
The role will entail music file management and supervision inside the content production team, audio processing, mixing and mastering and aiding in playlist creation. When needed, the candidate will also be required to run the recording sessions with the Fitness instructors. Additionally, aiding in library music sourcing and assisting the music manager (Simon).What you’ll experience
- This person will be mainly working on post sound production, covering sound mixing and mastering for all recordings, as well as music database and playlists file management. They will also cover or attend audio recordings when needed and will be working along with Simon, aiding him with music sourcing and licensing + overall music strategy.
- Audio engineering: processing audio (mixing and mastering) + recording VO
- Aiding with Music sourcing / music licencing
- Music database management and handling
- Playlist creation (shared responsibility)
- Competent understanding of Logic PRO
- Experience in recording, mixing and mastering audio, including VO
- Competent in Google sheets / workspace, Excel and other database / file management software
- Competent in using Windows OS
- Good communication skills
- Understanding musical structure and composition across a range of genres
- Ability to work with and across groups and teams
- Graphic design experience (to aid with initial cross marketing discussions and ideas)
- Basic fitness qualifications
- Understanding of or experience in fitness class creation and fitness music trends
- Experience working with music labels and / or in music production environment
- Delivery of the assigned tasks in due time and to the right quality standards
- Good team collaboration and integration
- Proactive approach
- Proof of good communication within the team and across the company
- Commitment – We are joined in our mission and support and motivate each other to achieve great things.
- Independence– We’ll leave it up to you to use your own judgment and do your job the way you know best.
- Open-Mindedness – We continually question the status quo
- Communication – Effective communication is crucial to our success
- Respect – We listen to and learn from each other, and recognise how our own beliefs and actions affect the wider team.
🧘♂️ Flexible hours 40-hour working week (core working hours typically 10-4.30)
💴 Six-monthly pay reviews
💻 Brand new equipment and VR headset
⛑ Private Health insurance
🧳 Unlimited leave policy
🚴 Annual travel pass & Cycle to work scheme
📚 Learning budget – $1,127 per annum
🧘♂️ Wellness budget – $845 per annum
🏖 Bi-annual offsite and regular get-togethers
😀 A great team of talented individuals who love what we do
Company: Behold Studios
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Experience 1 year to less than 2 years
Specific Skills Operate audio-visual or electronic equipment
Exhibit and Display Design Experience Computer interactive or multi media
Art or Fashion Design Experience Sound or audio design
Additional Skills Supervise staff (apprentices, stages hands, design team, etc.)
Work Setting Media production studio; Game studio
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities Attention to detail; Sitting
Work Location Information Urban area
Specialized Audio or Video Systems Digital effect sound mastery units
Teleworking Information Remote work available
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Apprentices, Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Students, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Company: King Barcelona
Location: Barcelona, Spain
We’re looking for an experienced Audio Software Engineer to deliver the audio for our world leading mobile games.
You will be responsible for the implementation of audio content as well as the development of audio tools and technologies for current and next generation of gaming.
Your role within our Kingdom
You will work closely with the Sound Designers but also with the Game Designers and Devs across different teams and games to implement the foundation layer to support our in house game audio engine and all aspects of audio to ensure the best in both sound quality and interactivity.Vision & Strategy
- Supporting the audio director with establishing and developing a shared audio vision for the games.
- Help build, drive and develop the audio strategy across games working closely with our games teams and their Producers, UX and Game Designers.
- You will also bring your passion of your craft to the role with R&D and development of new tools, constantly pushing to innovate
- Completing and validating estimates for the work to be done based on the Design Specification, Tools and Production Methods.
- Managing relationships with the audio team, game designers and Devs to produce work to the highest standard.
- Liaising with stakeholders to solve issues and communicate needs with strong project planning.
- Planning and prioritization of work to best meet the needs of the games.
- Continuous monitoring of pipelines improvements, methods and the appropriate use of skills within the team to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the audio production.
- Advising on the ‘make or buy’ production decisions for Audio tools.
- Supporting the information flow between the internal team and appropriate external partners, the briefing of those partners, and effective delivery and integration of the work done outside of the internal team.
- Supporting the game teams, production integration Team, and the Presentation Team with resource requests where practical.
- Unit testing and documentation
Skills to Create ThrillsExperience
- Solid experience in audio software engineering for AAA or mobile games.
- Experience in in audio software engineering with a minimum of 2/3 games released (depending on production cycle).
- Experience road mapping the whole pipeline of a game
- Skilled in implementing game hooks and the appropriate interface with sound engine
- Knowledgeable optimizing audio performance
- Analyse the performance of the audio systems and optimize.
- Passionate about game audio and drive to learn
- Show a proactive and collaborative approach
- Proficient time management and organisational skills, able to handle multiple tasks and meet set deadlines and priorities.
- Experience with IOS, OSX, Win 32, Universal Windows, Emscripten, Linux, Android, 32 / 64 bit.
- Strong C++ and C# programming skills is a mandatory
- Deep understanding of at least one of the common audio middleware API (WWise, Fmod, ADX or Fabric)
- High Proficiency with Unity audio design and implementation
- Good knowledge of audio digital signal processing (DSP)
- Good knowledge of Python
- Good knowledge of mathematics, software development practices, optimisation strategies and debugging techniques.
- Good knowledge of developing for multi- threaded systems.
- Good knowledge of audio fundamentals (filtering, reverb, compression schemes etc)
- Good knowledge of sound engineering and acoustics
- Knowledge of mobile game audio paradigms
- Understanding of standard audio creation software – Pro Tools.
- Good knowledge of the production process of a game
- Results focus
- Excellent organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
- Sound design and sound editing skills would be a plus.
- Passion for game
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one or more of our games, including franchises such as Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch.
We have 249 million monthly active users as of fourth quarter 2019 across web, social and mobile platforms. King was acquired by Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq ATVI) in February 2016 and operates as an independent unit of the
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Volley develops voice-controlled games and entertainment. Our voice experiences are world-class and attract millions of users every month.
We’re looking for a Voice User Experience Designer to create and iterate on intuitive voice-first user experiences for our smart speaker products with the goal of becoming the leader of Voice UX for one of our most successful properties.
In this role, you will own interaction flows, iterate on ideas to drive KPIs, lead the user experience and advocate for your ideas as part of a functional team. You’ll be on the frontier of voice design, creating experiences for the 100 million+ Americans that own smart speaker devices (Amazon Echo, Google Home).Here’s what we’re looking for
- Experience (5+ years) designing thoughtful interactions for complex applications.
- UX experience with a deep focus on usability, customer flow, and interaction design.
- Curiosity to design for new platforms and devices
- Experience designing and A/B testing features to hit KPIs.
- Ability to use data to inform design decisions.
- Ability to define user interactions, information architecture, and improve on design patterns.
- Experience managing multiple projects, and thriving in fast-paced, startup environments.
- Ability to rapidly prototype, wireframe, and visualize concepts.
- Designed innovative user experiences for mobile apps, websites, broadcast, smart speaker devices.
We're a small but quickly growing team that enjoys working together! We love coming together over Zoom happy hours, the funny and strange in Slack #random, and once we're back in real life, occasional karaoke sessions. If this sounds like fun (we promise it is), get in touch!