We came across interesting new jobs at Lightspeed LA, Bungie, Certain Affinity, and Lemonpie – and they’re looking for an Audio Lead (CA, US), Marketing Mixer and Music Editor (WA, US), Advanced Technical Audio Designer (TX, US), and Audio Engineer (Remote).
We also found openings for an Audio Engineer at Zenimax Online Studios (MD, US), Sound Artist at Barbican Audio Trail (England), Audio Director at IO Interactive (Denmark/Sweden), Lead Sound Designer at Creative Assembly (England), Audio Programmer at Deep Silver FISHLABS (Germany), Audio Producer / Engineer at Black Library (England), Senior Acoustic Engineer at HARMAN International (GD, China), Vehicle Sound Designer Level 1 at Keyword Studios (WA, US), Dialogue Designer at Respawn (CA, US), Senior Sound Designer at Sledgehammer Games (CA, US / VIC, Australia / ON, Canada), Game Audio Lecturer at Peabody Institute (MD, US), 7 Audio Tools Dev Roles at Muse/Audacity (Remote), and Senior Technical Sound Designer at Riot LA (CA, US).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for a Preset Designer / Demo Composer at Karanyl Sounds (Remote), and a Sound Designer / Mixer at Wildbear Entertainment (ACT, Australia). Happy job hunting!
Highlight – sound stories this week: Award-winning composer Inon Zur, on what it takes to get started and succeed in the game industry. Be sure to take part in the sound quiz for your chances to win sound effects libraries from BOOM Library worth $1000. How The Mandalorian found the new Star Wars sound + 10 other Star Wars Sound Stories. A Sound Effect wins a Game Audio Network Guild Award for our The Last of Us Part II sound story!
Company: Lightspeed LA
Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, passionate, creative and technical Audio Lead to join
our in-house sound team and help create world-class audio content on a new and exciting open-world
- Design and implement immersive, next-gen audio content and systems to engage players and enrich game narrative.
- Design, edit, mix and master audio assets.
- Implement and author interactive, real-time sound using middleware and scripting tools to bring soundscapes to life.
- Author and integrate audio assets through middleware and in-engine.
- Manage a team of sound designers, providing guidance and feedback on audio standards, quality, consistency, and implementation.
- Create and edit new sound effects using various recording techniques, professional audio editing tools, plug-ins, hardware and props.
- Work closely with Audio engineers to design systems and methodologies with the goal to raise the bar in game audio.
- Collaborate with the Audio Director to execute and deliver on audio features and ensure defined aesthetic is met throughout production.
- Engage in the planning and execution of recording sessions in the field, studio and mocap stage, recording real-world sounds and foley.
- Sound design and mix cinematic audio content to blend seamlessly with gameplay audio.
- Direct recording sessions with actors as needed.
- Understand emotion and tension in storytelling, and be able to design narrative-driven audio.
- Excellent sound design aesthetic with a keen ear for detail.
- 5+ years of experience in AAA game audio.
- 3+ years’ experience leading a team.
- A desire to push game audio further with new ideas and methodologies.
- A grasp of logic and scripting methods for interactive audio implementation within a game engine.
- Imaginative and creative use of audio production tools, foley performance and capture, props, and recording techniques to create high-quality original content.
- Fluent in interactive audio and post production techniques.
- Expert command of sound design & mixing techniques, processes and tools.
- Ability to create world-class audio content spread across multiple styles and genres.
- WWISE middleware proficiency.
- Field and studio recording experience.
- Proficiency in Nuendo, Pro-Tools or Reaper
- Experience/familiarity with industry standard plugins (Fab Filter, Altiverb, Waves, Izotope, etc)
- Experience designing sounds and sound systems for weapons, vehicles, physics, and weather.
- Experience working on environmental audio, sound propagation and 3D audio
- Technical skills and understanding of audio rendering and compression technologies, and codecs.
Location: Bellevue, WA
Do you have the “golden ears” and organizational skills to help an audio team to achieve their full potential? Can you ensure that production schedules and scopes can be met predictably and within expectations, and can you keenly craft and evaluate audio content to ensure that it meets a high quality and consistency bar? Most importantly, do you enjoy audio production and want to contribute to the creation of memorable media? Bungie currently has a unique opportunity that requires these skills.
Our current mission is to add a bold new member to our Audio Team. Bungie is looking for a multi-talented mixer and music editor with strong post-production and technical audio skills. Your work will help deliver media to be enjoyed by our community. If you enjoy playing games, bring your enthusiasm to the Audio Team at Bungie.
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA & CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in WA & CA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA & WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate between the Audio and Marketing Teams to provide audio support for marketing assets
- Edit music, sound design, and dialogue/voiceover for linear and non-linear media
- Final mix for marketing media and game use
- Provide feedback and approval of audio and mix for external media
- Locate and provide relevant game assets, music, and sound design for marketing asset production
- Collaborative team player with strong communication skills
- A proven track record in music editing and mixing for multimedia
- Proficient with digital audio production techniques
- Excellent mixing and mastering skills
- A basic understanding of music and keen ears
- Good technical computer skills and capable of quickly learning new software
- An interest in interactive audio
- Advanced Pro Tools ability required
- Experience with implementation in Audiokinetic Wwise is a plus
- Experience with Reaper is a plus
- An enthusiasm for games
Company: Certain Affinity
Location: Austin, TX, US
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? Certain Affinity is the largest independent developer in Texas, based out of Austin, and a growing presence in Toronto, Canada. Our culture reflects the values and the vibrant nature of the cities we call home. This includes a commitment to evolution, diversity, excellence, and work-life balance. We're best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though we're also creating compelling new games of our own. We're always on the lookout for amazing talent to join our team.
We are seeking a Technical Audio Designer to join our top-tier audio team. While very strong sound design skills are expected, your focus is supporting the audio team similar to the capacity of an Audio Programmer. Heavy, complex scripting solutions that yield industry-leading, run-time audio is the focus of this role. Although not technically a programmer, some background in programming/scripting is a must.Responsibilities
- Design and script systems to play and mix audio at an industry-leading quality
- Work with the engineering team to turn scripted systems into code as needed
- Create audio assets of high quality using a wide array of tools and libraries
- Act as a lead on various aspects/features of the game, and represent audio to other disciplines
- Define and document needed features for audio technology
- Work with engineers to craft solutions to challenging audio needs
- Ability to set up and maintain audio equipment
- 3+ shipped AAA titles
- 5+ years of directly related industry experience
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Master-level understanding of interactive audio
- Ability to manage lead-level duties on the production timeline
- Can demonstrate previous work in a high-quality portfolio
- Must have experience with Wwise and Unreal Engine
- A desire to work and support a diverse and inclusive environment
- Credited engineering work
Certain Affinity or its partners or affiliates run background checks on candidates or employees with the written authorization from the candidates or employees. These may be done for the purposes of offering employment or determining eligibility to work on a specific project. Multiple searches may be required.
Certain Affinity does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.
Hey there! We’re Lemonpie, a world-class podcast production agency, and we’re in search of a brilliant Audio Engineer to join our fast-growing team!
Note: This is a full-time, remote position.What You'll Do
- Join the first few minutes of every client interview each week to do a pre-interview tech check with our hosts and guests (and ensure everything is setup correctly and everyone feels comfortable)
- Full episode production process (interview, solo, and even the some narrative style)
- Dialog editing
- Sound design
- ID3 tagging
- Ordering and sending equipment to clients and guests
- File management
- Retrieving raw files from recording platforms
- Labeling and organizing
- Creating transcripts using Descript
- Linking deliverables in Airtable
- Initial setup of podcast distribution
- Episode publishing
- Episode task management in Asana
- You have 2+ years of podcast editing experience (or 1+ year and credible people call you a prodigy 🤷♂️) and have….
- Helped created 2+ podcasts from the ground up
- Edited 100+ episodes
- Edited 5+ different podcasts
- Produced at least 1 narrative style podcast (and crushed it)
- You have extensive audio engineering experience and are expert level in your DAW of choice + FX suite
- You have an ever-expanding knowledge of audio equipment, platforms, and tools
- You’re personable and enjoy interacting with clients
- You love working in a team environment
- You have excellent communication skills
- Your attention to detail has been described as “neurotic”
- You’ve proven deadlines are no match for you 🤺
- You’re highly organized and self-motivated
- Video editing knowledge/experience is a bonus
- You have experience in both Basecamp and Asana
Let’s Talk Benefits & Logistics
We work really hard to make working at Lemonpie an amazing experience. We have a team full of truly exceptional people – the kind you’ll be excited to work with.
- Live And Work Where You Want – We’re a distributed team (and have been since day 1), so you can live and work wherever you want (from your house, favorite coffee shop, co-working space, etc.). For our ideal candidate, proximity won’t influence their productivity because they are internally motivated. Our only requirement is that you have a reliable internet connection and can focus on work during work time!
- Unlimited Paid Vacation – We want you to take vacation. In fact, we have a minimum vacation policy of three weeks per year (not including holidays). It’s important to get out and do something. We’ll look forward to seeing pictures when you get back.
- Flexible Hours – As long as you’re available during core business hours and keeping full-time hours (7am-3pm, 8am-4pm, 10am-6pm, etc.), we’ll work with you to create a schedule that’s optimal for you.
- Monthly Remote Stipend – For some, working remotely means lots of coffee shops, a co-working space, or let’s face it – needing more loungewear. We provide a $100 monthly stipend for whatever you need.
- Personal & Professional Growth – We’re serious about helping you improve your craft. Think conferences, books, dedicated time away from work to learn something new…it’s really up to you, but we love to see our people growing.
Let’s Do This Thing
If this sounds like everything you’ve been waiting for, consider this our formal invitation to apply.
Note: If we like your application we will ask you to complete a test project free of charge to give us a better idea of how you operate hands-on. The work completed in said test project isn’t used for anything outside of gaining perspective on your work.
Thanks so much for your time – we know you could be on IG right now, but chose to be here with us instead and we’ll never forget that.