We came across interesting new jobs at Amazon (Device Design Group), Behaviour Interactive, Sketchbox, and 2K Silicon Valley – and they’re looking for a Senior UX Sound Designer (WA, US), Sound Designer (QC, Canada), and Sound Designers (CA, US).
We also found openings for a Sound Designer at Scientific Games (NV, US), Audio Enhancement and Signal Processing Engineer at SoundHound (CA, US), Product Design Engineer – Audio at Apple (CA, US), and Spatial Audio Experience Prototyping Engineer at Apple (CA, US).
Highlighted opportunity: Hexany Audio is hiring a Technical Sound Designer full-time, in-house at their studio in LA, CA, US – get info & apply here
Company: Amazon (Device Design Group)
Location: Seattle, WA, US
Amazon is seeking a highly motivated, exceptionally skilled, Senior UX Sound Designer to help create the Amazon audio experience. The position will offer the opportunity to contribute to the overall product and platform from the concept and design stage all the way to final-production audio assets.
- Create sound designs for features and products including concepts and prototypes.
- Review with key stakeholders to refine the overall user experience.
- Utilize user research to shape and guide the sound experience.
- Iterate and create final production-audio assets.
- Collaborate across design disciplines and with engineering and management partners.
- Partner with developers and to guide audio implementation and assist with bug fixes.
- Experience with building pipelines and platforms including the documentation of guidelines.
- Proven history creating industry leading, compelling, and highly effective sound designs with a user experience focus (examples will be requested).
- Able to create end-to-end audio experiences from the concept stage to final audio.
- Expert level proficiency with industry standard professional audio software tools including: DAW’s, Audio Editors, Plug-Ins and processing.
- Expert level understanding of the audio asset creation process.
- Expert level understanding of recording, mixing, and mastering techniques and concepts.
- Please submit a link or copy of your audio reel.
- Please submit three designs with a detailed explanation documenting your specific work for each project from the concept to final stages.
- Be willing and prepared to take an audio assessment.
- Bachelors Degree in related field
- 7+ years experience
Company: Behaviour Interactive
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
In collaboration with a senior sound designer, the sound designer will create and implement audio for the game.
- Create audio assets for characters and integrate them
- Maintain and update sound event integration into animations
- Record surface sounds for footsteps and impacts
- Edit voice over recordings
- Sound design and mix for linear videos
- Implement audio in the game
- Test and validate audio in the game
- In collaboration with the marketing team, provide audio for linear cinematics
- Diploma in sound design, recording or music
- Experience with the entire production cycle for a video game, from preproduction to live operations
- General knowledge of techniques related to sound (recording, postproduction, foley, SFX, music)
- Experience with adding sound to a visual medium
- Excellent knowledge of industry tools (UE4, Wwise, Pro Tools, Perforce)
- Ability to respect deadlines and adapt to scheduling changes
- Ability to work in close collaboration with a team
- Good organization skills, creative mind, troubleshooting skills
- Bilingual (English – French)
- Passion for video games
A portfolio containing examples of sound to picture work is required.Company Description
Founded in 1992, Montreal-based Behaviour Interactive is one of North America’s largest independent game developers with close to 600 employees and over 70 million games sold on every platform. To date, the company’s games have reached more than 200 million players worldwide. In 2019, its most successful IP, the award-winning Dead by Daylight, celebrated 12 million players. Behaviour counts amongst its partners some of the world’s most recognized brands such as Sony, Disney, Netflix, Activision, Warner Bros, Ubisoft, Xbox Game Studios, Google, Bombardier, Wargaming, HBO, NetEase, Gaea, La Capitale, and many more. For more information: bhvr.com.
Location: San Francisco, CA, US
We are Sketchbox and we’re on a mission to create the building blocks – like design tools and backend infrastructure – to make designing AR & VR applications just as easy as creating a website.
Sketchbox is headquartered in San Francisco and backed by some of Silicon Valley’s top venture firms in including YCombinator and General Catalyst. We are open to remote applicants.
We were in the W2018 batch of Y-Combinator. We work with organizations like 3M, IBM and the US Air Force.
We are looking for:
A Technical Audio Designer to help prototype and define new audio UI/UX paradigms and experiences.with games, VR/AR, or other 3D interactive industry background.
•Design and implement unique and compelling sound assets for the interactive experiences
•Define UX for new first party applications
•Mentor audio team members
•Troubleshoot and help fix audio bugs
• You have strong, demonstrable sound design and editing skills
• Experience integrating sound assets with audio engines such as AVAudioEngine, FMOD, or WWise
• Experience using game engines such as RealityKit, Unity, or Unreal
• Experience coding in a language such as Swift, Objective-C, C# and/or C++
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience in the following strongly preferred:
• Sound design for games or art installations
• Running DAW software such as Logic, ProTools, REAPER, etc.
• Experience w/ MaxMSP, PureData, or other audio prototyping environments
Company: 2K Silicon Valley
Location: San Mateo, CA, US
We are dedicated to crafting highly engaging entertainment with a commitment to putting fans first. We aim to be a team of diverse game makers driven by a passion for our art and inspired by a culture of inclusivity to build games that thrill players everywhere. We cherish our studio independence and autonomy, and value the collaborative support of 2K, one of the world’s leading interactive entertainment companies.
We are the newest studio in the Take-Two Interactive family, founded in 2019 and located in the San Francisco Bay Area. Our first effort is to build a multiplayer and multiplatform AAA action game which will thrill a diverse community of gamers and have fun while doing it. We prize our creative autonomy as an independent studio, with both the financial and logistical support of 2K Games publishing.Who You Are:
Our ideal candidate has a combination of solid aesthetic sense, acute attention to detail and a high level of technical expertise, as well as a strong understanding of audio engineering principles and techniques. This person will have significant experience using tools such as Avid Pro-Tools, iZotope RX & AudioKinetic Wwise, amongst others. We are looking for someone who has experience working in various surround formats, has a minimum of 5 years experience as an audio designer in the gaming industry (or related field), and has shipped at least one AAA title in a Senior Audio Designer capacity. (Multi-platform experience preferred)
A passion for your craft with an inherent desire to learn and grow while sharing your knowledge and expertise with others is the type of team-member that will thrive on our team.What We Need:
We’re looking for an experienced Lead Audio Designer who can help us create emotionally compelling & technically sophisticated audio experiences for our AAA multi-platform game.
In this role, you will be the singular Audio resource initially collaborating with the Art Director, Creative Director, Engineers, Producers, Game Designers, Animators & Artists to help design and create exceptional quality audio content that matches the look, feel, and style of gameplay. Day-to-day duties will be primarily centered on designing audio content, as well as implementation and specking Audio equipment.
- Work with the above-mentioned teams to design and build game audio that supports gameplay and the aesthetic sense
- Work with animators to support cut scenes and other cinematics
- Assist with voice recording sessions and further editing and integration of those files
- Work in WWise and Unreal Editor to integrate audio
- Manage and lead a external audio resources, VO and Foley when necessary
- When needed, compose music that fits the style of the game and propels the vision forward
Please provide a current reel with resume.