We’ve come across several new interesting jobs at Sony, Blizzard, Facebook, Ubisoft, and Creative Assembly – and they are looking for Sound Designers, Audio Directors, Associate Producers, and Voice Designers.
Location: Los Angeles/San Mateo/San Diego, CA, USA
Interested in working with AAA studios such as Naughty Dog, Santa Monica Studio (God of War Franchise), Japan Studios, Guerrilla, Sucker Punch, Insomniac and more? We are looking for a rock-star Senior Sound Designer to join the PD Sound Team to craft high quality audio content for 1st party product development projects. Working with a dynamic group of colleagues, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the most respected developers in the industry on AAA award winning projects.
You will bring passion to the role of Senior Sound Designer, collaborating with sound and development teams, creating sonically rich content that pushes the quality bar. Your primary focus will be on sound design and implementation. Dialog, Foley, and field recording experience a plus. The successful candidate will have a creative vision, excellent communication and organizational skills.
– Designing immersive and rich sound effects to engage players and drive the narrative
Implementation of sound design using middleware and scripting tools to bring the soundscape to life
– Sound Design and Mixing of Cinematics in multiple formats and specs
Working closely with game team developers and PD Sound team members to deliver an cohesive and compelling audio experience.
– At least 5+ years’ experience in game audio
– Minimum education level or equivalent experience
– Expert use of professional audio production techniques and editing tools such ProTools, SoundForge, Bias Peak, Waves Plugins, sequencers
– Imaginative use of audio production tools, Foley performance and capture, props, recording techniques, etc. to create high quality original content
– Experience in sound design and mixing for pre-rendered linear cinematics of varying complexity and content styles
– Proven qualifications in scripting game sounds using commercially available sound middleware and/or internal/proprietary game development tools such as Sony’s Scream, Wwise, FO, Maya, Unreal Engine, etc.
– Ownership of audio pipeline documents and collaboration with the game developer team and PD Sound designers
– Proven experience working with game development teams and coordinating with various game departments such as animation, level design, AI, physics, mechanics, etc.
– Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines while maintaining professional respect and courtesy to our dev teams and team members
– Knowledge or familiarity of scripting languages such as LUA, Python, etc.
Location: Irvine, CA, USA
Blizzard Entertainment’s Sound Department is seeking a talented associate producer with post production experience to provide support for multiple Blizzard Entertainment franchises. As a member of the audio production team, you will have an array of responsibilities spawning across multiple projects and disciplines.
The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background in audio, music and video post-production pipelines as well as project management. The position will involve interfacing closely with picture editors, directors, producers, and sound supervisors, to support a variety of content for varying projects that includes promotional media, web videos, trailers, logos, inward-facing content, etc. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, in addition to solid interpersonal skills as you must be able to interact well with other departments and a multitude of clients.
Interested candidates should be comfortable working under tight deadlines, have excellent organizational and time management skills, is comfortable taking direction and criticism, is easily adaptable to shifting priorities, and is able to work with equal effectiveness, both solo and as part of a project team.
– Receive projects / tasks and see them through production
– Coordinate, track, and manage project resources to ensure projects are completed on schedule and are of top quality
– Facilitate communication with other producers, sound designers, voice directors, composers, contractors and audio / video technicians
– Maintain clear notes in meetings / reviews to send out immediately after and depicts clear action items
– Contribute to a positive and constructive work environment
– A minimum of 3 years’ industry experience in a video game or post production setting with a minimum of 2 AAA shipped titles or equivalent film/television credits
– Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience
– Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite
– Strong understanding of project management methodologies and budgeting
– Experience in managing large quantities of assets and complex project schedules
– Excellent verbal and written communications skills
– Able to work well with others in a diverse and fast-paced environment
– Experience facilitating teams and delivering products on time
– Able to facilitate and mediate between members of the development and support teams
– Strong ownership and responsibility for the work they are responsible for
– Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative
– Familiar with Blizzard’s titles as well as the Blizzard “sonic brand”
Location: Menlo Park, CA, USA
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is looking for an experienced sound artist to join our existing team of sound designers at Facebook. Candidates must have a passion for sound, and a history of innovative sound design. The role combines functional sound design thinking and execution with the drive to break new ground. Candidates must have the ability to collaborate closely with other team members and product teams, so very strong communication skills are required. Experience shipping world class products with unique, functional and emotive sound is also required.
– Design custom sound for various products and initiatives
– Collaborate closely with existing team members to create unique sonic experiences using sound
– Assist in driving projects to completion
– Execute in a fast-paced and highly fluid environment and collaborate with teams in other offices
– At least 2 years of professional sound design experience
– Sound design portfolio with demonstrated ability to ship products.
– Experience in ProTools and related audio software
– Communication skills and attention to detail
– Organizational and analytical skills
– Experience shipping products
– Ability to create quality audio elements for inclusion in products across multiple Facebook verticals
Company: Ubisoft Montréal
Location: Montréal, Canada
The Voice designer will implement the artistic vision and technical and organizational content pertaining to the voices/dialogues at all game production phases (design, prototype, create, support and implement).
The main and routine tasks of the Voice designer are to:
– Understand the vision and scope of the project to design a voice system and related features (or adapt existing material). The system must also be designed to support and reinforce other design aspects (game/level/sound design)
– Create a voice integration pipeline (or modify an existing pipeline) that is in line with the project vision and inform the units that work with voices (scriptwriters, animators, localisation, etc.). Adapt the pipeline and tools used based on project modifications and the needs of the other design teams (game/level/sound design) by collaborating with the programming and OASIS (TG) teams
– Organize and share data (Mocap and studio recordings, automatic dialogue replacements, temporary robotic voices, etc.) to facilitate voice integration by other working units
– Give effect to the impact of the voice requests when defining the project objectives as well as in terms of costs and resources and make recommendations based on the project vision
– Share the document with the programming team to modify tools (game engine, oasis) and add features in the sound engine
– Assign tasks to sound programmers in collaboration with the GPPM to create specific voice/dialogue tools
– Contribute to casting with the scriptwriter and creative director to select the best actors for the game
– Lead voice/dialogue integration in the game and supervise voice/dialogue integrators in these tasks and related tasks
– Help prepare and set out the voice content of the mocap sessions
– Define and carry out voice processing whenever effects are required (e.g. fantasy game)
– Validate the voice/dialogue recording sessions with the sound engineer and voice director
– Take part in voice recordings by providing input to the voice director on dialogue recordings by ensuring that the intonations, intentions and projections are credible in light of the script
– Help plan voice/dialogue production and follow up on these elements throughout the production process in collaboration with the production manager/associate producer
– Support localisation by sharing knowledge on the voice systems and their features to provide information on the work to be carried out and follow up on changes to ensure that all elements are in line with the project and expected deliverables
– Ensure that voice/dialogue mixing meets reference standards
– Establish the voice/dialogue test plans with the QA team
– Play an active role in debugging and ensure the quality of the final product
– Carry out all other related tasks
– College diploma in computer science or equivalent
– 1-3 years’ professional experience in scripting and/or game design
– Participation in at least one game production
– Voice/dialogue production experience in film or television as a voice director/technician.
– Good interpersonal and communication skills
– Ability to quickly learn new software
– Ability to direct voice recording sessions
– Bilingualism (French-English)
– Extensive scripting, post-production and voice production knowledge
– Basic audio equipment knowledge
– Basic knowledge of Pro Tools
– Knowledge of voice and voice history in video games and experience in the field a major asset
– Knowledge of current engines an asset
– Knowledge of programming languages an asset
Company: Creative Assembly
Location: Horsham, United Kingdom
We take the craft of designing and mixing sounds seriously, so as a creative and technical individual, if being part of an award-winning team and working on AAA productions is important to you then apply now!
– To follow, support and deliver on the audio plan set out by the Audio Director, delivering a AAA sound experience
– To create sound effects using techniques such location/studio recording, Foley recording in addition to utilising pre-recorded in-house and commercial material
– Integrate and mix audio content into games using in-house tools and other 3rd party software
– To create and mix audio content for trailers, demo’s and conferences to commercial standards when required
– To test all aspects of your game audio to ensure in-game playback is as intended and fit for commercial release
– Set high standards for and helps mentor junior members of the team
– When required, work and collaborate with external audio vendors
– In-house games development experience at a senior level as a ‘sound designer’ or similar
– Proven excellence with sound design, showing creative flair
– Experienced at integrating audio in to and mixing game projects
– Ability to track lay and mix audio to linear footage to commercial standards.
– Must have completed work on at least 3 shipped full price retail console or PC games, completing full in-house product cycles
– Experience with Wwise audio engine
– ProTool 9 or above experience to advanced level
– Must be a pro-active, problem solver who is highly organized and solution focused – seeks challenges and delivers results
– Ability to learn new in-house audio tools and software for integrating content
– Ability to work as a team player and under own initiative
– Ability to plan, organise and oversee location sfx recording sessions
HND in Sound Engineering (or above) or relevant in-house game audio experience
– A keen interest in and a passion for sound and music in games and other forms of a/v entertainment
– Knowledge and familiarity of Total War brand a bonus
– Professional location and studio based sound effects recording experience
AAA video game experience
– A full clean driving licence to be able to attend remote Foley sessions
– All Audio applicants are required to submit a show reel in support of their application, demonstrating creative sound design
– Applications cannot be considered without an accompanying show reel