Company: EA Studios – Motive
Everyone in our industry has a Motive – an idea they want to bring to life, something they’ve never seen before in a game that they want to make a reality. It’s what is so great about game development and it’s what drives everyone at Motive. The only limit here is the team’s imagination.
Motive is a new creative-driven studio, incubating entirely new IP and taking on some amazing projects. Led by Jade Raymond and a team of industry veterans, Motive aims to redefine action games and bring the highest quality innovative games to players. If you are passionate about games and motivated to push your craft further this is the opportunity of a lifetime. The Frostbite engine gives you access to cutting edge tech and tools, EA’s network of studios allows you to collaborate with thousands of world-class developers and Motive gives you a chance to shape studio culture and games from the ground up. The team is starting immediately on an upcoming Star Wars action game and will also be building original IP.
Motive, Electronic Arts’ newest AAA studio, is seeking an Audio Director to contribute creatively to our Star Wars action game and future IPs.
What the Audio Director will do at Motive:
We are looking for an experienced audio director who can make an immediate contribution to all aspects of audio development for MOTIVE. The successful candidate will have hands-on experience in all phases of audio design and production, with proficiency in every key component – sound design, music composition, voice production and implementation. Additionally, the candidate should have experience managing, developing, mentoring audio staff and also collaborate with team members from all disciplines (art, animation, engineering, design, production, QA) to deliver audio designs that bring our characters, worlds and features to life. The ideal candidate will have a passion for video games, with an overwhelming drive to create a world class audio experience.
The Audio Director must be able to successfully perform any required combination of the following, on any given project as needed:
– Oversee all audio concept designs for the studio
– Help build the audio schedule and milestones within the project
– Supervise audio quality across multiple projects
– Design and implement sound effects
– Supervise external composers and implement music
– Produce VO sessions
– Oversee outsource audio services for SFX, music, VO, post production
– Mixing for game, cut scenes, and marketing videos
– Oversee implementation of audio assets and assist in tool development
– Expert, hands-on knowledge of audio pipeline
– Advocate and design audio pipeline features and workflow processes
– Career growth / mentorship of audio staff
Who you are:
You have experience in all phases of audio design and production, with proficiency in every step of the pipeline; studio and location recording, from precision editing to super-technical implementation.
– Over 10 years’ experience in game audio with hands-on audio responsibilities on at least 4 shipped titles; demonstrated console and AAA experience; cross-platform development experience preferred
– Experience in building and supervising an Audio Team.
– Production-honed expertise with game audio implementation and design tools such as Wwise, FMOD, or similar proprietary toolset; experience with visual scripting systems highly preferred; C#, Python, and/or – – Lua scripting experience a plus
– Expert proficiency with standard audio production software (Pro Tools, Nuendo, WaveLab, Sound Forge, etc.)
– Broad experience with all stages of the sound production pipeline, from studio and location recording to in-engine implementation, and everything in between
– Experience working and mixing in surround, as well as managing dynamic range and frequency response for differing playback environments
– An ear for detail and a well-developed creative and aesthetic sense
– An open mind, willing to challenge conventional wisdom and find creative solutions to impossible problems
– All of our team members will have to be able to shift quickly and flexibly, and assume new roles and responsibilities as we grow and change. We’re looking for well-rounded innovators who thrive in the dynamic environment that new game creation demands.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, RRSP company match and, of course, many other perks! And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/montreal
Job opportunity is also available in French. See it here.