We came across interesting new jobs at Bungie, MachineGames, PlayStation, and Avalanche – and they’re looking for an Audio Lead (WA, US), Audio Programmer (Sweden), Technical Sound Designer (CA, US), and Sound Designer (Sweden).
We also found openings for a Stage Sound Designer (French-speaking only, 6-month contract) at Ankama (France), Sound Designer at Ubisoft (France), Senior Game Audio Instructor at Vancouver Film School (BC, Canada), Audio Artist – Speech at EA (BC, Canada), Sound Designer at Sumo Sheffield (UK), and Part-Time Radio Production Assistant at ESPN (CT, US).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for an Experienced Audio Programmer and Junior Audio Programmer at Tazman-Audio (UK or remote) and Production Assistant / Runner at Sounding Sweet (UK). Happy job hunting!
Location: Bellevue, WA, US
Do you have the “golden ears” and organizational skills to help an Audio Team to achieve their full potential? Can you ensure that production schedules can be met predictably, project scopes are within expectations, and keenly evaluate audio content to ensure that it meet the quality and consistency bar for a AAA game? Most importantly, do you enjoy game audio and want to contribute to building a fun and memorable experience? Bungie currently has a unique opportunity on an audio team that has revolutionized the way sound effects and music are merged into the visceral experience of playing a game.
This Audio Lead role focuses on supporting partners working with the Destiny IP. Working with partners, the Audio Lead drives the creation of Audio Style Guides, maintains the quality of audio, delivers timely feedback and responses to unblock them. Internally, the Audio Lead coordinates with the project Creative Lead, Narrative Lead, and the Destiny Audio team.Responsibilities
- Maintain Destiny IP quality and consistency while working with an external partner
- Work closely with the project Creative Lead, Narrative Lead, and Destiny Audio Team to determine the goals for audio on partner projects
- Establish and document audio guidelines for the Destiny IP for use by external partners
- Implement processes for casting, recording, composing, and reviewing with a partner
- Review partner audio timelines and milestones and help guide partners toward successful schedules
- Learn the tools and workflow for partners to share with the broader Bungie team
- Familiarity and/or interest in the Destiny universe
- Game industry experience in an audio capacity, including experience with audio post-production, music, sound design, and mixing
- Ability to communicate effectively with external partners
- Demonstrated cultural competency to work with cross-culture environment/teams
- Experience working and developing relationships with creative teams to aid in the iterative creative process
- Ability to effectively lead a team through ambiguity
- Willingness to travel and host visits from the partner team on a regular cadence (likely every 2-3 months)
- Willingness to work outside of core hours for conference calls with partner team (typically 5-7pm Pacific Time)
- Experience working with external partners
- Experience working on a live game (“game as a service”)
- Chinese (Mandarin) language skills
Location: Uppsala, Sweden
MachineGames is looking for a talented Audio Programmer to join our team. Our studio is located in central Uppsala, Sweden which is a small and vibrant city 30 minutes north of Stockholm with a historical heritage reaching back to pre-medieval times. It also has the oldest and one of the largest universities in northern Europe.
This is a permanent position starting as soon as possible. We will support your relocation and/or application for work permit if you have a non-EU passport and/or not currently residing in Sweden.Qualifications
- Excellent C++ skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent 3d math skills.
- Ability to find holes in and improve gameplay systems designs
- Excellent ability to work with others
- Good organization and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated team player with very strong work ethic and cooperative attitude
- Passion for making GREAT games
- Develop functionality and tools specifically related to audio
- Identify and implement platform specific optimizations to relevant systems
- Writes clean, professional, and maintainable code
- Create quality, performance-minded code
- Be an active advocate for system features and tools that would improve the production process
- Work closely with audio director and sound designers to bring the vision of the game to life
Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.You Are
A creative Technical Sound Designer for interactive media who is passionate about working with PlayStation’s top AAA studios. You possess a deep understanding of technical implementation/pipelines as well as a cinematic design aesthetic. This is your chance to work directly with the audio team to design and integrate audio on God of War using Wwise and our proprietary toolset.As It Turns Out
We are looking for a Technical Sound Designer who has proven excellence in both creative and technical work to join our award-winning team and craft high quality audio content for 1st party product development projects. As part of our team, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the most respected developers in the industry and on one of the most exciting AAA games for PlayStation.
- Implementing in-game audio using Wwise and proprietary tools
- Working closely with the sound team to optimize and refine current audio pipelines
- Spec, craft, extend, and troubleshoot audio tools, features, and functionality
- Crafting sound assets for many different systems and scenarios
- 3+ years in a technical sound designer role in the games industry
- Experience with the Wwise integration tool
- Experience working with Pro Tools or Reaper
- Strong Sound Design skills
- Familiarity with Wwise – a grasp of programming fundamentals as they apply to scripting dynamic audio is a bonus
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude
- Experience with Python, Lua, C++ or visual scripting languages (aka Blueprints)
- Experience with sound editing/design in linear media
- Field Recording experience – a passion for unique, inspired recordings with a knowledge of recording gear, microphones and techniques
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
As a member of the audio team, you will enjoy working with many and varied parts of implementation and design, through our editors and scripting languages, as well as middle ware solutions and standard audio editors. The Avalanche audio pipeline is design driven, so you will enjoy great freedom in your designs as you implement these designs all the way into the game. As a Sound Designer you will be part of a tight and highly motivated team that strives to create the best sound experiences possible in games. In addition to the various members of the audio department you will get to work side by side with game developers of all disciplines (e.g., UI, vehicles, weapons, etc) in order to help them realize the sound of their designs. Qualified candidates must have a passion for audio, a feel for music and a solid grasp of theoretical concepts such as sonic perspective, layered textures and abstract vs. concrete sound design as well as more tangible concepts such as gain structure, and basic digital audio principals.
- designing sounds
- implementation of sounds into the game
- music editing
- Minimum of 3 years working as a sound designer in the games industry (film industry experience appreciated) with at least one shipped title
- Great understanding of sound implementation and design, and the stages involved in taking your design all the way into the game
- Ability to take direction for sound design
- Good grasp of FMOD (Designer or Studio)
- Fluent in common audio tools and software (Reaper, Cubase, ProTools, Soundforge, etc)
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to edit and navigate within XML and Python scripts
- Highly motivated and good at communicating and working within cross-discipline teams
- A passion for outdoor games
- Field recording experience
- Understanding of new loudness standards
- Solid grasp of microphone basics
At Avalanche Studios, we believe in worlds without limits, and we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion, courage and craftsmanship.
Our state of the art studio is located in the beautiful area of Södermalm, in the center of Stockholm and the Game industry Hub. Our studio is a beautiful place inspired by our catalog of games. We hope you’ll come to think of this place as your home turf and creative foundation.
Avalanche Studios is the original creator of the award-winning Just Cause franchise (published by Square Enix) and the developer of Mad Max (published by Warner Bros. Interactive) and Rage 2 (published by Bethesda Softworks). As a publisher, Avalanche Studios has released theHunter: Call of the Wild, Generation Zero and the free-to-play service theHunter Classic which has reached more than 8 million players across 190 countries. Avalanche Studios was founded in 2003 and is based in Stockholm, New York City and Malmö. The studio develops games using its proprietary Apex technology, enabling huge open worlds filled with emergent gameplay.