We came across interesting new jobs at Play’n GO, Edapt, Grover Gaming, and 31st Union – and they’re looking for a Lead Sound Designer (Remote), Sound Designer (KL, India), Composer/Sound Designer (NC, US), and Senior Audio Designer (CA, US).
We also found openings for a Sound Designer at Formosa Group (CA, US), Senior Audio Designer at Criterion (England), Sound Designer at VIVANT (France), Podcast Audio Production at Founders Unfound (Remote), Audio Designer at Obsidian (CA, US), Audio Engineer at Aristocrat (NV, US), QA Lead – Audio at Creative Assembly (England), and Sound Designer and Mixer at IdeaMachine Studio (Remote).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for an Assistant Sound Designer at Sledgehammer (CA, US), Audio Programmer at Tazman-Audio (England), Sound Designer at Clean Cuts (DC, US), and Senior Acoustic Engineer at interfacio (England). Happy job hunting!
Highlight – sound stories this week: Go behind the sound of the new installment in the legendary Final Fantasy series, FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE. Learn about the interaction and collaboration between sound designer and composer on Freeland.
Company: Play’n GO
We are looking for a Lead Sound Designer to join our growing team. The Lead Game Designer will report to the CPO and have full responsibility for the sound department including turning creative input into tangible sound direction as well as research and best practices in sound design for our product ranges. You will also manage a group of sound designers and the requirements for our engines and GDKs and tool chains involving anything sound related. The position also requires creative ideas around sound design and collaborative teamwork within a group of skilled peers covering every discipline of game development.
- Build up and manage a team of Sound Designers
- Creating an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture.
- Setting clear team goals for improvement in your team.
- Delegating tasks and set deadlines for your team.
- Monitor team performance and motivate team members.
- Discover training needs and provide coaching.
- Establish well working best practices for audio designs and pro-actively follow up within the on-going productions to ensure proper implementation.
- Work closely with our external suppliers and contractors for audio asset production planning and delivery as well as handling the relationship and sourcing new suppliers as needed.
- Ensure that all audio design and assets are up to AAA standards in quality.
- Work closely with leads and directors to ensure that the audio design and audio production supports the games creative vision and direction.
- Identifying audio opportunities and asset needs for Play’n GO commercial and promotional products in a self-driven but collaborative manner
- Establish and maintain the sound production and implementation pipeline and set the requirements for development of propriety tools and development as well as managing the use of 3rd party tools related to audio production and implementation.
- Make high quality audio samples.
- Produce original sound, used as temporary or final asset (SFX, ambiance…).
- Apply music theory and concepts when working with audio design.
- Implement of all types of audio assets using proprietary and 3rd party tools ensuring that all are up to AAA standards in quality.
- Work closely with Game Designers & Art Directors to ensure that the audio design supports the game direction.
- Testing, debugging, and assuring the functional quality of all audio in an assigned project.
- Work closely and collaborate with our external parties in creating sounds and maintaining quality.
- Highly organised, experienced in running multiple projects and delivering to tight deadlines.
- Have a yes-can-do attitude, a person that is a doer and not afraid to get their hands dirty.
- Abundance of an engaging leadership.
- Be passionate in whatever you do and want to make a difference in the I-gaming sector.
- Able to demonstrate strong management skills including communication, negotiation and facilitation.
- Experience in creating audio for games or multimedia applications.
- Excellent knowledge of industry standard audio tools and Middleware applications.
- Deep musical culture & references.
- Strong artistic and creative sense.
- Good knowledge of game audio techniques and audio production fundamentals.
- Good understanding of the video game/I-gaming development process.
- Team player who can share his/her ideas with others as well as independently.
- Highly motivated, with a passion for audio and gaming.
- Ability to accept critique and to listen to direction.
- Well organized and autonomous.
- Excellent communicator (spoken and written) and good interpersonal skills.
- Proven track record of high-quality sound design, showing creative flair
- Sound Design / Audio Engineering diploma or other relevant educational background (Music/Audio related).
- Minimum 3 years (preferably 5 years)
- Education experience can be replaced with work experience for the right candidate.
- Preference for a candidate with previous casino, i-gaming or game industry experience.
Locations Budapest, Hungary, London, UK, Sliema, Malta and Växjö, Sweden
Location: Kozhkode, KL, India
What we looking for:
This profile requires a diploma or a bachelor’s degree (engineering/music/sound engineering). It is preferred that the candidate has worked in the Game Design domain as a Sound Designer for a minimum of 2 years.
With extensive knowledge in Synthesis and Spatial Audio, the Candidateis expected to bring a very high level of professionalism, expertise, and experience onboard. Key responsibilities would include executing assigned independent tasks within a project, assimilating project requirements, and executing dependent tasks through proper channels.
The candidate should
- Candidate ought to know how to arrange / sequence music and pre-mix.
- With tools, up-to-date working knowledge of Virtual Studio Technology & plugins is a must. (DAW-ProTools, Logic Pro, allied software )
- be patient and able to concentrate for long periods
- be interested in music
- be able to play an instrument or appreciate how instruments work – both digital and analog
- leadership to estimate the requirement of resources
- work well under pressure and strict deadlines
- be observant of people
- be interested in film, music and television and sources on the internet
- want to further skill-based learning every day
- be ready for challenges and open to feedback
- be up-to-date with tools and plugins and latest developments in the specific domain
- strive to be original and inventive even in the face of harsh timelines
- work well as part of a team and be able to take direction from seniors, directors and internal/external clients
- Deep familiarity with – Netflix’s history 101 and Vox – video voice
Company: Grover Gaming
Location: Greenville, NC, US
WHO WE ARE: Grover Gaming, headquartered in Greenville, North Carolina, is a software design and development company that specializes in electronic gaming throughout the United States and Canada. Having more than 160 employees located in seven states, we are working every day toward building a strong foundation of humble, passionate people, effective processes, and superior products. Our dedication to customer service, adaptability, and a diverse range of products has solidified our position as a global leader in the electronic gaming industry, leading to our debut at #2,660 on Inc. Magazine’s list of fastest growing companies in 2019. Grover Gaming strives to support local communities and has helped raise over $130 Million for charities through its partnerships in charitable gaming markets.
SUMMARY: Grover Gaming is looking for a talented composer and sound designer to be a part of an innovative and highly collaborative team of artists, game programmers, and other audio professionals. Our goal is to provide entertaining gaming experiences for the video slots and casino market. The Composer/Sound Designer should not only have the necessary experience, but also the drive and passion to create fun, exhilarating audio for our games and promotional materials.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Compose, arrange, and produce full-length tracks to reflect and enhance any given theme
- Develop sound effects that enhance gameplay, help provide clarity for in-game features, and grab a player’s attention
- Collaborate with a team to create the most exciting experience for each project
- Adapt to creative feedback and changes to project scope, style, and timeline
- Offer and develop innovative ways to push the slots and casino experience in each of our games
- High School diploma or equivalent educations
- 1-3 years relevant work experience
- Working knowledge and efficiency with FL Studio or other actively supported Digital Audio Workstations
- Working knowledge of track composition, recording, and mixing
- Strong familiarity with various music styles and forms
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Professional and enthusiastic work ethic
- Music or Audio Production education at a University or post-secondary level
- Strong familiarity with music theory
- Experience working in the video slots and casino industry
- Familiarity with audio recording techniques
- Experience working with voice actors and various audio talent
- Experience implementing game sound in Unity
- Experience with scripting code relevant to game audio
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The usual work environment is typical of an office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate with no material or weather-related hazards except those associated with travel.
This Job Description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing Company objectives. The description incorporates the most typical duties performed and covers only the primary functions and responsibilities of the position. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed. The inclusion of those duties would not alter the overall evaluation of this position.
Company: 31st Union
Location: San Mateo, CA, US
We are a diverse team of developers driven by a passion for our art, united by our core values and inspired by a culture of inclusivity to build amazing games that thrill players everywhere. We pursue growth and innovation in an environment of safety and trust. Our culture is built on the belief that the more varied voices in our collective will strengthen our team and our games. We are looking for our next teammate who will raise our bar and make us better.
What we need:
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Audio Designer who can help us create emotionally compelling & technically sophisticated audio experiences for our AAA multi-platform game.
In this role, you will work with the Lead Audio Designer to help design and create exceptional quality audio content that matches the look, feel, and style of gameplay as set by the Art Director, Creative Director, Engineers, Producers, Game Designers, Animators & Artists. Day-to-day duties will be primarily centered on designing audio content, as well as implementation and specking Audio equipment.Responsibilities:
- Work with the above-mentioned teams to design and build game audio that supports gameplay and the aesthetic sense
- Work with animators to support cut scenes and other cinematics
- Assist with voice recording sessions and further editing and integration of those files
- Work in WWise and Unreal Editor to integrate audio
- Manage and lead all external audio resources, VO and Foley when necessary
- When needed, compose music that fits the style of the game and propels the vision forward
Who you are:
Our ideal candidate has a combination of solid aesthetic sense, acute attention to detail and a high level of technical expertise, as well as a strong understanding of audio engineering principles and techniques. This person will have significant experience using tools such as Avid Pro-Tools, iZotope RX & AudioKinetic Wwise, amongst others. We are looking for someone who has experience working in various surround formats, has a minimum of 5 years experience as an audio designer in the gaming industry (or related field), and has shipped at least one AAA title in a Senior Audio Designer capacity. (Multi-platform experience preferred)
A passion for your craft with an inherent desire to learn and grow while sharing your knowledge and expertise with others is the type of team-member that will thrive on our team.
Join our mission: Bring fun, inspiration and awe to our lives and to our community: