We came across interesting jobs at Ubisoft, Sony, and Blizzard – and they’re looking for a Sound Designer, Audio Researcher, and Audio Specialist.
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for a Senior Sound Designer at Sumo Digital, Lead Audio Designer at RETO MOTO, Senior Editor/Music Programmer at Spotify, a Junior/Regular Sound Designer at Guerrilla Games, and Post-production Supervisor at DreamWorksTV. Happy job hunting!
Company: Ubisoft Bordeaux
Location: Bordeaux, France
The Bordeaux studio is recruiting a Sound Designer. In the production studio, you will be attached to the Audio team of one of our AAA projects. You are responsible for the quality of the sound content, from the design of the assets to their integration in the game.
In this context, your main missions are:
• Design, create and modify original audio content according to the creative vision of the project
• Prototype and develop technical solutions to help improve the quality of audio content
• Ensure that audio data is properly integrated into our game engine
• Identify solutions to solve technical problems in case of a bug or problem in collaboration with the teams involved
• You have at least 5 years of experience as an Audio Designer for the production of video games and ideally on at least one AAA game
• You have mastered tools / software specialized in Audio (Wwise, Reaper, Sound Forge, Vegas, etc …) and you are also familiar with new techniques and trends
• You have experience and an affinity with the discovery of engines and tools “home”
• You have an artistic high sensitivity that will allow you to define the requirements and technical specifications in close collaboration with the audio programmers
• You have a technical sensibility that allows you to be a force of proposal concerning existing tools and systems
• You have a passion for Video Games and have a good playful video culture
• Your level of English allows you to evolve in an international context
• Evolve in a leading group in the video game industry in France and present in 30 different countries, with opportunities for international development
• Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their quality
• Collaborate with teams recognized for their experience on renowned franchises
• Develop expertise by participating in in-house sharing events (talks, conferences, trade shows) and benefiting from tailor-made training programs
About Ubisoft Bordeaux:
Founded in September 2017, Ubisoft Bordeaux is the latest Ubisoft French studio responsible for iconic brands such as Just Dance, Ghost Recon, Beyond Good & Evil and the Raving Rabbids. Fifteen experts from the Group’s studios came to bring their energy and passion to this new Bordeaux adventure! With an announced vocation of studio AAA, Ubisoft Bordeaux is in fast growth and should count eventually 200 collaborators. Today, the team has more than 100 talents from more than 12 different nationalities on all the gambling trades. In one of the most beautiful regions of France, less than an hour from the ocean and in the heart of the vineyards, the Ubisoft Bordeaux studio is the ideal place to reconcile a demanding and creative work environment, taking advantage of a exceptional living environment.
If you enjoy working in a challenging, international and friendly environment, join us and become one of the pioneers of the studio.
Company: Sony Interactive Entertainment
Location: San Mateo, CA, USA
We have an exciting opportunity here at Sony Interactive Entertainment, PlayStation! We seek a researcher to join our audio R&D team to improve and develop spatial audio rendering techniques. In this position you will delve into HRTF customization and assessment, spatial audio rendering algorithms, and related technologies. You will be a part of an international team pushing the boundaries of audio for developers and listeners alike! As a part of R&D, you may have the opportunity to experience and contribute to new and exciting technologies. If this is you please apply!
• Research and investigation of solutions for HRTF customization options for spatial audio
• Creation and evaluation of spatial audio optimizations for various speaker configurations
• Identifying user features relating to the user’s perception of audio
• Finding methods or technologies to enhance or emphasize headphone-based audio experience
• Creation of tools for data driven validation
• MATLAB, or similar, proficiency
• Digital signal processing experience
• C/C++ programming experience
• HRTF modeling familiarity
• Embedded systems or IC development
• Professional audio design & engineering
• Exposure to debugging tools on Linux & Window
Company: Blizzard Entertainment
Location: Shanghai, China
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented localization audio visual specialist to supervise the creation and timely delivery of technical and artistic audio visual assets. This person will supervise both the performance and style during recordings, and the post-production for Simplified Chinese audio visual assets. Native level Chinese language skills, capacity to effectively communicate in English and professional experience with voice over (VO) recording are required for the position.
• On time delivery of excellent quality localized multimedia assets, both technically and artistically.
• Participate in the selection and evaluation of external partners, best practices, and tools.
• Collaborate closely with all global internal and external audio-visual stakeholders across all projects.
• Responsible for the casting of actors.
• Supervise the recording of VO assets and act as the contact point for product related questions.
• Supervise or perform technical and language checks, and editing of audio visual assets.
• Work experience managing the recording of interactive localized VO or with related game audio technology
• Native level Simplified Chinese language skills and capacity to communicate in English in a clear, concise, professional and effective manner
• Drive to improve quality and efficiency through creative, practical, and collaborative solutions
• Able to help achieve artistic goals through technology approaches
• Experience with multi-projects work
• Good knowledge of Chinese dubbing business practices and key stakeholders
• Able to teamwork in a proactive and positive manner to achieve shared objectives
• Experience with Blizzard Entertainment games
• Experience working in multicultural environments
• Experience in voice acting, post processing and audio, graphics or video editing software