We came across 4 interesting jobs at Hi-Rez Studios, Respawn, Splash Damage, and Quantic Dream – and they’re looking for a Senior Sound Designer, Dialogue Lead, Audio Director, and Sound Designer. Happy job hunting!
Company: Hi-Rez Studios
Location: Alpharetta, GA, USA
Hi-Rez Studios has a full-time Senior Sound Designer opportunity. We are looking for an experienced Senior Sound Designer who can make an immediate contribution to audio development on our Centralized Team.
The successful candidate will work with multiple teams to help drive the goals and vision for the group as a whole. This individual should have experience in all phases of audio design and production, with proficiency in every key component – sound design, basic music understanding, voice production, and implementation.
This candidate will work within a new team at Hi-Rez Studios and must have the ability to collaborate with all other aspects of game development (i.e. Art, Animation, Engineering, Design, Production, Marketing) to push the quality bar for game audio. The ideal candidate will have a passion for games and creating fun entertainment. They must be a strong problem-solver and an effective communicator with broad sound creation skills.
What a Senior Sound Designer does:
• Collaborate with team to create exceptional sounds that also highly supports gameplay
• Oversee the overall team’s sound vision, design, mix, and implementation of audio into each project
• Technically design & work with programmers on how audio should work within the games
• Creatively edit and mix, sound effects, dialogue, and music assets in both stereo and 5.1 surround
• Creative sound design that’s in line with the goals and vision of the each title
• Define deliverables, and responsible for the quality of audio work for each project
Who we are looking for:
• A minimum of 6 years of industry experience in a video games or post production
• Responsible in your work when given the freedom to work independently
• Demonstrate modesty and respect when receiving feedback from your team
• Strong communication skills to discuss decisions and to integrate team feedback quickly into your work
• 4 or more shipped major game titles or equivalent film credits in a sound designer role
• Has experience using game development tools, technology and pipelines including UE3, UE4, and Wwise
• Is an expert with modern audio creation equipment, software and recording techniques, with a high level of proficiency in at least one DAW
• Strong content creating skills for stereo and surround
• Good creative and technical thinker
• Works well as part of a team
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
Preferred candidate has:
• A minimum of 7 years’ of industry experience in a video game or post production
• 4 or more shipped major titles or equivalent film credits in a sound design role
• Experience with Unreal, Unity or any proprietary game engine
• Experience in sound design for Game, Film/TV or other Marketing
• Experience in mixing dialog, music, and sound effects for a large variety of projects in both stereo and surround
• Experience in sound design for games and sound-to-picture
• Experience using both Windows and OSX operating systems
• Experience working with Composers and Sound Designer Contractors
Location: Chatsworth, CA, USA
Respawn Entertainment is an independent game development studio that was founded in 2010 by former co-founders of Infinity Ward and creators of the multi-billion dollar Call of Duty and Modern Warfare franchises. We have since shipped Titanfall and Titanfall 2 to critical acclaim, and are currently hiring for both our Star Wars™ and Titanfall development teams. Our motto is gameplay first, and the opportunity to create groundbreaking AAA games with some of the best developer talent in the industry awaits our future team members.
We’re looking for a highly skilled Dialogue Lead who will embrace our culture and share his/her hard earned expertise to create an incredible experience for our players. We’re picturing someone who is passionate about the Star Wars™ Universe, with an appreciation for audience immersion and a knack for making worlds come alive. The Dialogue Lead will help create high quality dialogue assets and implement them into the game. If this sounds like you, we’re looking forward to seeing your resume!
What you’ll do…
• Work closely with the Game Director and Audio Director to help shape our game’s Dialogue vocabulary, style, and standards.
• Work with the Game Director and Audio Director on the casting process.
• Record and edit passes of dialogue for game testing purposes.
• Create Post Pro FX, batch process and prep dialogue for game integration.
• Implement and tune dialogue sound files directly into game engine (Unreal 4).
• Active role in the creation of dialogue tools and processes.
• Edit dialogue and sync assets to scripted sequences and animations.
• Track and update progress of assets with a database (or other tracking method) throughout the course of the project.
• Assist with script preparation and scheduling for voice recording sessions.
• Be present at recording sessions, take notes and assist in direction.
• Communicate and coordinate transfer of dialogue assets and scripts with the localization team.
• Interface with Audio, Design, Animation, and Engineering Leads to ensure that dialogue functions in-game and matches vision for specific levels as well as overall design of game.
• Troubleshoot and help fix Dialogue bugs.
• Adhere to schedule and deliver assets on time.
• Gather intelligence regarding dialogue production dependencies (actors, studios, technology and other resources) outside the studio, keeping the Leads up to date with the state of things.
Ideally, you will have…
• 3+ years’ experience in a dialogue sound role for video games. Record of success creating dialogue assets for major titles desired.
• Significant platform game audio experience a must on major platforms (PC/Xbox/Playstation.)
• Shipped AAA games a plus.
• Strong audio technical expertise. Programming or scripting proficiency is a plus.
• Strong, demonstrable audio editing skills.
• Mastery of major audio software packages such as Wwise, Nuendo and Sound Forge.
• Experience with data tracking software and spreadsheets, such as Excel.
• Detail-oriented and organized, able to track thousands of assets throughout projects.
• Voice acting and/or directing skills a plus.
• Excellent communication skills.
• A positive, solution-oriented attitude.
• Passion for audio.
• Passion for games.
Benefits & Perks…
• Here’s a peek at some of what we offer:
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life and AD&D insurance benefits.
• Flexible Spending Accounts for health and child care.
• 401K with company match and no vesting period.
• Employee Assistance Plan (EAP).
• Relocation assistance.
• Paid vacation, post-project & holiday office closures, and sick days.
• Company-sponsored team events: movie screenings, industry gatherings, and game launch parties to name a few.
• Fun office parties throughout the year for employees, friends, and family.
• Spacious modern campus with open work spaces and lots of daylight.
• Game room with a pool table, ping pong, foosball, arcade and tabletop games.
• Fully stocked kitchens with fresh fruit, breakfast, snacks, and more.
• Convenient meal order service for on-site lunch deliveries.
• State of the art on-site gym with 24/7 access.
• On-site yoga classes, massages, and car washes available.
• A variety of interest groups and outdoor activities to join with other Respawn Employees: marathons, hikes, biking, and soccer among others.
• Friendly, caring co-workers and management.
Company: Splash Damage
Location: Bromley, UK
Splash Damage is famous for crafting blockbuster multiplayer experiences from our studio in Greater London. Our recent projects include multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb and Gears of War 4. We’re currently expanding for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for talented superstars to help build them.
Splash Damage is looking for an Audio Director to guide our talented team in crafting outstanding audio experiences for our players. In this role you will inspire, support and empower our audio designers to deliver their best. You will define, champion and hold the audio vision for our projects and maintain alignment through every stage of development.
As an Audio Director you will:
• Define the audio quality in collaboration with our Project Directors and Leads.
• Motivate and inspire the audio team, enabling them to pursue their passion and excel in their areas of expertise.
• Maintain and support alignment in the team for the audio style & mood for our projects.
• Mentor, coach and manage the audio team with regular 1-2-1s, setting objectives and supporting a collaborative environment.
• Collaborate with production and discipline Leads on project planning, workflows and audio direction.
Essential Skills & Experience
• Have been Audio Lead or Director, with several years’ experience developing AAA titles.
• Worked with script writers and voice providers to ensure Dialogue is of excellent standard.
• Ability to communicate with composers and direct the composition of music.
• Be able to organise and engineer large-scale field recording sessions.
• Have experience with game audio middleware such as Wwise and Fmod.
• Familiar with industry standard audio software such as Reaper.
• Experience in mixing and mastering of linear media such as trailers and cinematics.
• Ability to design game audio tools to drive speech/sfx/music in innovative ways.
• Have experience directing Foley, and working with Foley providers.
• Be able to oversee and assist in supporting a localisation pipeline.
Perks & Benefits:
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
• Private medical insurance that will covers you, your partner, and children
• Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
• Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
• Complimentary gym membership
• Free eye tests + discounted glasses
• Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
• Brand new state of the art office
• Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
• Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
• Childcare voucher scheme
• Employee assistance programme
• Referral fee
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties. We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits, and have been awarded The Sunday Times’s Best Companies accreditation three years running. Come join us!
Company: Quantic Dream
Location: Paris, France
We are looking for a Sound Designer who will be responsible for:
• Collection of audio material (SFX, Ambiance) according to a precise specification
• Integration and pre-mixing with the tools specific to the company’s process, following the knowledge of the synopsis of the game
• Verification of the smooth running of the integration process
This is an entry-level contract position for 4-5 months in Paris, France.