We came across interesting new jobs at King, Blizzard (Hearthstone), YAGER Development, and Playground Games – and they’re looking for an Audio Director (Sweden), Audio Engineering Intern (CA, US), Sound Designer (Germany), and Dialogue Supervisor (England).
We also found openings for a VO Designer at Riot Games (CA, US), Audio Development Support at Rockstar India (KA, India), Sound Designer at Ankama (France), Audio Programmer at CD Projeckt (Poland), and Audio Artist at EA (Spain).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for an Audio Artist at BioWare (AB, Canada), Senior Technical Audio Artist at BioWare (AB, Canada), Freelance Sound Recordist (3-day shoot) at Pirate Studios (England), and Audio Director at ProbablyMonsters (WA, US). Happy job hunting!
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
We are looking for an accomplished Audio Director to lead our Audio Team and the Audio function in King who can make an immediate impact and contribution to all aspects of audio development in King. The ideal candidate will have significant expertise in audio design and production, including sound design, music composition and voice production. They should all also be highly skilled at managing, developing and mentoring Audio staff and leading a global Audio function in mobile and/or AAA gaming.Your Role within our Kingdom
- Evangelise the impact and role that audio plays in the overall player experience across King studios
- Work as part of franchise IP groups to define the audio vision.
- Ensure best work practices are defined and implemented.
- Oversee the process and implementation of audio assets and assist in developing integration tools.
- Act as an expert in proprietary pipelines and integration processes.
- Work with the Audio team to facilitate external audio vendors, and setup production contracts, budgets and schedules.
- Manage and mentor the King Audio team, including professional development.
- Plan, prioritize and schedule workload.
- Lead Audio team recruitment and interviews.
- Supervise and maintain the highest level of quality for all audio assets.
- Contribute to the design and production of sound effects and music when needed.
- Produce and direct VO sessions
- Innovate and adapt to drive new Audio features and develop methodologies for continuous improvement across the audio function.
- Work with the Audio team to define an effective audio style and execution across projects.
- Work with the relevant teams to deliver improvements in audio technology in use in King to expand the audio team’s capabilities and to create the best experience for players.
- Proactively identify and define ways to improve the audio experience across a growing spectrum of features.
- Work with the audio team and across disciplines to clearly define and articulate goals.
- Lead by example and provide both motivation and inspiration to other team members.
- Travel frequently between King sites.
- Experience in a director level role proven leadership and mentoring skills.
- Expertise and understanding of the entire audio process, including sound effects, voice over, music, and audio system technology.
- Knowledge of game engine technology and audio middleware solutions.
- Skilled in effective communication across all disciplines and departments.
- A passion and deep understanding of the impact and role that audio plays in the overall player experience.
- Experienced creating sound design and musical composition for a broad range of genres
- Adept at interacting and responding to the feedback of game teams and players.
- A passion for creating casual and mid-core mobile games that appeal to a broad audience.
- Experience producing audio for ads, trailers and other media formats.
- Ability to develop relationships with cross-discipline team members and comfortable in giving and receiving constructive input.
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people that share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. No matter where you’re from, it’s all about what we can achieve together when creating truly magical moments for all our players. That’s why we hire all sorts of talent – because a great saga needs all sorts of heroes.Comprehensive relocation package
People come from all over the world to work with us, and we want every single one of them to feel at home. To do so, we help you out as much as we can with our relocation package. This includes full visa sponsorship for you and any family member moving with you, covering your journey out here, the cost of shipping your gadgets or helping you with estate agents. See more about our relocation process at: https://jobs.king.com/benefits#relocation
Want to join our Kingdom? Application needs to be in English. Apply now!
Company: Blizzard (Hearthstone)
Location: Irvine, CA, US
Greetings, students! We’re geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in 2020. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind – one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you’re applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!
Blizzard Entertainment strives to deliver truly epic entertainment to our players. Powerful audio technology is required to achieve excellent audio design. The Hearthstone team is looking for a highly talented Audio/Sound engineer to join our ranks as we level up. The ideal student has a long-standing passion for Hearthstone and gaming, a strong passion for game audio, exceptional people skills, and proven game engine or audio programming experience.
- Currently enrolled in a college or university
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the summer 2020 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 – 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 2020 – August 2020 or June 2020 – September 2020 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Passion for audio technology, gaming, and game development
- Passion for and in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services
- Understanding of game audio features and workflow and needs of sound designers
- Experience developing and debugging in C/C++ and scripting languages
- Strong background of game audio features, audio middleware, and audio processing
- Understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Majoring in computer science or a related field (e.g. computer engineering)
- Understanding of audio DSP, filters, FFT , plugin design
- Understanding of digital audio content and creation tools (e.g. DAW, Wwise, FMOD Studio)
- Experience working with a game content creator (e.g. Unity or Unreal)
- Cover Letter
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Please submit your application no later than December 2, 2019.
Company: YAGER Development
Location: Berlin, Germany
We are looking for a talented Sound Designer (f/m/d) who loves working in
interdisciplinary teams in a fast-paced and creative environment to come
join our team and develop amazing games with us!
- Creation and integration of sound FX for characters, UI, weapons, vehicles and game locations
- Voice editing and integration
- Editing, converting and managing large volumes of audio content
- Working closely with designers, artists and programmers to creatively solve game development problems
- Testing audio on target platforms
- 3+ years experience as sound designer / sound engineer
- Games audio experience and a working understanding of the technical constraints of audio design for games
- Hands-on experience using proprietary and/or custom game audio (especially Unreal Audio)
- Ability to create and mix film-quality sound effects through extensive knowledge of relevant audio packages (Nuendo, Cubase, Wavelab, etc)
- Highly creative and imaginative with a keen attitude toward problem solving and an ability to quickly learn and use a variety of audio platforms/tools
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and experience working closely with audio programmers, level designers and animators
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Passionate about videogames
- Basic scripting language knowledge
- Experiences with the Unreal Engine
- Full-time and on-site
- Status: employment
- Start: as soon as possible or other date
• We support you all the way
• Relocation bonus and ongoing support and assistance
• Shared company apartments
• Occupational pension scheme
• We care about your well-being
• Flexible working hours
• Fresh fruit and vegetables every day
• Hot and cold beverages of your choice
• In-house massage
• We encourage continuous learning
• Extensive games/books library
• Dedicated Talent Development Manager
• Participation at various game conferences
• We know how to have fun
• A variety of exciting Team Events
• Summer and Christmas Party
• Beer and soft drinks for Friday meetings
• Join our Team!
Company: Playground Games
Location: Leamington Spa, UK
Playground Games is looking for a Dialogue Supervisor to deliver the voice of an entirely new AAA open world action/RPG project. You will work closely with the Audio, Cinematic, Design, and Narrative teams to help create a world that’s teeming with life and possibilities.
Your experience within the games industry will have seen you work on high-profile console titles in the course of your career. As the Dialogue Supervisor, you’ll take responsibility for the full voice over production pipeline and will set quality standards.
You’ll be flexible, highly motivated and approachable, with excellent communication skills honed by your experience of working with a myriad of different personalities and disciplines.
– Oversee the casting, editing, and implementation of all voice over in the game.
– Work closely with the Audio, Cinematic, Design, and Narrative teams to cast a diverse set of characters and work with actors and voice over directors to deliver top tier quality vocal performances.
– Edit and process voice over sessions to deliver game-ready assets.
– Implement all voice over in the game.
– Be keenly aware of union rules and regulations.
– Diligently manage outsource engagements.
– Run remote voice over sessions and be willing to travel to multiple voice over studios to be on site for casting and voice-over sessions.
– Work with localisation studios to deliver a global release.
– Worked on at least one published title as Dialogue Supervisor or Director.
– A detailed knowledge of the most common digital audio workstations and plugins a must.
– A passion for game audio and lead an active gaming lifestyle
– Understanding of microphone technique and acting coaching preferred.
– An understanding of in-game dialogue systems and pipelines preferred.
– Film or TV post-production experience a plus.
– Knowledge of FMOD and / or Wwise, ideally having shipped AAA games using either.
– An incredibly keen ear for audio production detail.
– The ability to adapt to new technology and game engine tools.
– Excellent communication skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the world’s most exciting games studio’s, using cutting edge technology to world class games, within a successful, highly talented and collaborative team.