We came across interesting new jobs at Krotos, Sony Santa Monica, Schell Games, and Pinewood Studios – and they’re looking for an Audio Programmer, Senior Audio Programmer, Senior Audio Developer and Manager, and Sound Designer.
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for Sound Supervisors, Sound Designers, Technical Sound Designers, Dialogue Recording Engineers, Dialogue Editors and Studio Hosts/Operations Assistants at Formosa Group, Audio Designer, Senior Audio Designer, Audio Programmer and Audio Rigger at Frontier Developments, 2 Sound Designers at Cloud Imperium, and an Audio Designer at Criterion Games. Happy job hunting!
Location: Edinburgh, UK
Krotos designs and distributes innovative software for audio professionals. Our software is used by the top-class studios worldwide. The company wishes to employ an experienced full-time audio programmer, and is looking for enthusiastic people with a desire to develop innovative audio tools. Apply today:
- Debug and support audio software and tools for various platforms.
- Design and implement DSP algorithms.
- Program user-interfaces (UI).
- Setup and maintain plugin infrastructure.
- Extensive experience with C++ and DSP.
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Strong maths skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to work within a team, to a schedule and deliver effectively to deadlines.
- A passion for making top quality audio tools and strong interest in music technology.
- Experience with the JUCE framework.
- Experience with source control, GIT etc.
- Experience in Sound Design or Audio Engineering.
- Experience on at least one commercially available audio plugin in VST/AAX/AU format.
- Experience in Max/MSP and Pure Data.
- Knowledge of DSP techniques including convolution, pitch shifting and granular synthesis.
- Experience in Wwise and FMOD.
Candidates invited to interview will be required to submit code examples to demonstration their work to date.
Location: Edinburgh, UK. Remote work may be supported but Edinburgh location preferred.
Immediate start. Salary based on experience.
Company: Sony Santa Monica
Location: Santa Monica, CA, USA
WE ARE GOD OF WAR! JOIN US!
You’re a capable programmer, but sound and music are your passion. And you are talented and motivated, with tons of initiative. You get things done. Sound interesting? Give us a shout.
AND NOW A WORD FROM (THE REST OF) MANAGEMENT…
- Design and implement systems and tools for the audio team’s needs (such as occlusion, streaming, performance, and so on)
- Support audio designers in their use of these systems and tools
- Write clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional code
- Profile and performance tune code to remove bottlenecks
- Support and extend audio workflows and pipelines
- Test and document code produced
- B.Sc. degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Minimum three years professional programming experience
- Understand audio specific terminology and technology
- Strong programming generalist with solid code architecture skills
- Expertise in C and C++
- Proficient in linear algebra
- Enthusiasm and initiative
- Excellent spoken and written communication
- Able and motivated to work with other team members
- Commitment to code quality, documentation, and sound testing procedures
We value talent, self-motivation, and team spirit. In turn, we provide an environment with a large degree of freedom and autonomy. View the latest about our game at www.godofwar.com.
Company: Schell Games
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Schell Games is a highly talented group of artists, programmers, producers, and game designers led by game industry veteran Jesse Schell. We’re the largest full-service education and entertainment game development company in the United States. Since 2002, we’ve worked with world-class clients and partners to create interactive experiences that engage and inspire players of all ages across all platforms. Presently, we are focused on virtual reality, augmented reality, location-based experiences, and social games.
Do you like to work on innovative projects in a motivating, friendly atmosphere? Would you agree that games can engage and inspire?
If you answered “YES!” to both questions, you might be a fit for our studio!
Senior Audio Developer / Audio Manager Position
Our artists honor the unique aesthetic vision of each project and work to make all aspects of the experience beautiful. The team is comprised of 2D/conceptual artists, 3D modelers, technical and effects artists, audio designers and animators. We are seeking a talented Senior Audio Developer / Audio Manager to work on projects ranging from online worlds and handheld games to virtual reality experiences and themed interactive attractions.
Our ideal candidate will have the ability to handle both technical and artistic issues during game development, as well as be able to work quickly in a team atmosphere with schedules and reliable milestone delivery. Applicant must be capable in audio design, SFX, VO recording and cleanup, and musical composition. While not a composition-specific role, that may be a part of the role responsibilities on a project-to-project basis. Candidate must have experience managing an audio team across a variety of projects and will be expected to take on Audio Management responsibilities in the studio, in addition to audio development work. This will include assisting with project scheduling, staffing of audio team members, estimating audio needs, as well as conducting formal review processes for and mentoring the Audio Team. Good organizational skills and scheduling abilities are critical.
The applicant will be working on a variety of projects in-house, previous experience working with game engines such as Unity and Unreal are a plus. Ability to work with a DAW is required, as is some experience with other programs such as FMOD or Wwise. We’re looking for someone excited about cross-disciplined collaboration and making great games with us!
Areas of Responsibility:
- Audio design
- VO recording and cleanup
- Occasional musical composition
- Managing audio team scheduling and staffing allocation
- Directing high-level audio pipeline, meaningfully contributing to decisions and maintaining audio development best practices
- Mentoring the audio team members on career development goals in correlation to project needs and goals
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of industry experience with a successful track record as an Audio Developer
- Portfolio/Reel of work must be available for review
- Team Management experience
- Expert knowledge of a DAW such as Logic, Reaper, or ProTools
- Wwise, FMOD, or other similar audio tools
- Ability to work in a broad range of audio styles and medium
- Knowledge of Ambisonic audio and contemporary VR mixing practices
- BFA preferred
Company: Pinewood Studios
Location: London, UK
Wanted: Audio Sound Engineer, Sound Design & Final Mix. Bring your passion and expertise to Pinewood Studios Group and choose from a host of exciting and rewarding multi-discipline career opportunities.