We came across interesting new jobs at Larian Studios, Facebook, Nintendo, and Lionshead Entertainment – and they’re looking for a Junior Sound Designer (QC, Canada), Audio Software Engineer – VR/AR (WA, US), Senior Audio Engineer (WA, US), and Sound Designer (Remote).
We also found openings for a Senior Dialogue Designer at Remedy (Finland), Contract Voice Actor at Player One Trailers (Remote), Contract Music Composer at Player One Trailers (Remote), Sound Designer at Sony Music (CA, US), Composer at CD PROJEKT RED (Poland), Research Associate in Spatial Audio at University of York (England), Senior Sound Designer at Sledgehammer (CA, US), and Junior Sound Designer at Bavaria Film (Germany). There are also still openings available for a Sound Designer & Assistant Sound Designer at Hexany Audio (CA, US). Happy job hunting!
Company: Larian Studios
Location: Quebec, QC, Canada
- Review previous day’s work
- Complete prototype and sound design tasks (ambience, SFX, creature, spells, ingame cinematics, etc.)
- Implement sound into in-game cinematics
- Maintenance of the Larian Sound Library
- Assist other team members (editing, delegating)
- Some game dev experience — game jams, team projects, shipped titles, etc.
- “Diamond in the rough” Sound Design skills — show us great foundations that we can build upon
- Proactive attitude — we expect you to handle tasks and also explore and improve them with your ideas
- Eager to learn — you should be thrilled to learn new tools and even suggest improvements
- Good knowledge of Wwise — no certifications needed, but navigating Wwise should come naturally
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Available to work in the office of Larian Studios in Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
- Experience with Reaper
- Experience in creating Creatures/Spells/Fantasy assets
- Passionate Gamer
Location: Redmond, WA, US
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual reality systems. We are currently seeking an innovative developer with a passion for innovation to push the state-of-the-art for AR & VR audio at our office in Redmond, WA. This role is focused on developing the public facing APIs and algorithms for spatial audio. The position requires strong C++ coding skills, experience with DSP, game audio engines, and a bonus for experience using middleware solutions like Wwise, FMOD, Unity and/or Unreal.
- Analyze, design, develop and debug real time AR and VR audio algorithms.
- Collaborate in a team environment across multiple scientific and engineering disciplines, making the architectural tradeoffs required to rapidly deliver software solutions.
- Develop software for a variety of consumer devices, including speakers, AR and VR headsets.
- Write clean readable code, debug complex problems, prioritize ruthlessly and get things done with a high level of efficiency.
- Learn constantly, dive into new areas with unfamiliar technologies, and embrace the ambiguity of AR/VR problem solving.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5 or more years C++ experience, including use of C++11 features.
- 5 or more years’ experience creating audio software for games or other real time environments.
- Proven track record of software development experience, including shipping one or more products.
- Problem solving and optimization experience.
- Communication experience and demonstrated experience working across disciplines to drive optimal solutions.
- Background in DSP.
- Experience with one or more game audio engines: Wwise, FMOD, Unity and/or Unreal.
Location: Redmond, WA, US
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch™ system and the Nintendo 3DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold more than 4.7 billion video games and more than 740 million hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS™ family of systems, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™, Wii™ and Wii U™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo Technology Development, based in Redmond, Washington, creates future hardware/software technology and researches North American-based technologies.
We at Nintendo are looking for a senior engineer with a passion for audio technologies and experience developing embedded systems software to join our Audio team. Responsibilities include low-level systems software development, performance optimizations, architectural improvements, bug fixes, and other enhancements for Nintendo gaming systems. The ideal candidate should have strong communications skills and should have a collaborative working style.
Description Of Duties
- Design and develop audio subsystem software for current and future gaming consoles
- Apply digital signal processing (DSP) concepts for implementing digital audio effects and audio rendering
- Participate in audio subsystem architecture definition and documentation
- Develop unit tests for software components that you own
- Implement robust embedded software using modern C++ constructs
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- 5+ years of professional software development
- Audio specific development and system integration experience
- Proficiency and professional experience with the following:
- C++ software development
- Data structures and algorithms
- Multithreaded software development
- Prototyping audio DSP algorithms (e.g. MATLAB or Python), and later implementing on a resource constrained DSP or microprocessor
- Optimizing algorithms to run on resource constrained DSPs and microcontrollers
- Willing and able to work in a collaborative software engineering environment, including code reviews and effective use of source version control
- MS degree with focus on DSP related topics
- Strong theoretical background of digital signal processing techniques, including filter design
- Experience with game audio engines such as Wwise and FMOD
- Low level programming experience on DSPs and/or microcontrollers, including device drivers, assembly language programming
- Familiarity with operating system concepts such as thread scheduling, system calls, IPC frameworks
- Knowledge and experience with modern C++ features and concepts (C++ 11 and newer)
Company: Lionshead Entertainment
Lionshead Entertainment is an audio company based in Vancouver, Canada. We are a growing team of talented audio professionals with a passion for creating immersive audio experiences for video games. We work on AAA games for clients such as Microsoft, Disney, Blackbird Interactive and Unity.
We are looking for a talented Sound Designer who is self starting, motivated, team focussed and passionate about creating AAA quality audio experiences. They will be versatile in their design abilities and have a good understanding of the technical side of game audio. The successful candidate will join our team to help with two exciting upcoming projects. This a contract position starting at 6 months with the option to renew. The position is remote and a home studio setup is required.
– Record, edit, and design sound effects for all areas of a game.
– Create sounds, voices and audio integration systems that support and enhances the vision and goals of the product.
– Execute the audio vision and strategy for a given project maintaining the highest quality standards for audio.
– Collaborate and communicate regularly with stakeholders to complete and deliver work on schedule.
– Look for ways to make audio a memorable and key part of the game.
– 3+ years of experience.
– Degree, diploma or equivalent experience.
– Ability to collaborate and iterate with cross-disciplinary teammates.
– Knowledge in technical design and implementation of key audio systems (Wwise, FMOD, Fabric).
– Experience with sound design for all audio elements in a game (Foley, Ambience, Collisions, Vehicles, Weapons, Creatures/Voice processing, UI).
– Fluent in common audio tools and software (ProTools , Reaper, Cubase, etc).
– Self starting and open-minded to critical feedback.
– Strong communication and organizational skills.
– Adapts well to change & ability to work on multiple features and tasks.
– Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
– Experience in shipping 1+ games as a sound designer.
– Home studio with your own DAW, monitors, audio plugins/tools and SFX library.
– Post-production for in-game cinematics, trailers and marketing material.
– Have worked on multiple AAA games.
– Experience working with Unreal and Unity.
– Field recording experience and equipment.
– Musical composition and performance skills.
– Coding experience.
Benefits: Flexible working hours
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Work remotely: Yes