We came across interesting new jobs at MachineGames, Ninja Theory, The Dream Corporation, and Tt Games – and they’re looking for a Sound Designer (Sweden), Sound Designer (England), Sound Designer (England), and Junior Audio Programmer (England).
We also found openings for an Audio Programmer at MachineGames (Sweden), Audio Design Intern at Epic Games (CA, US), Audio Intern at Psyonix (WA, US), Narrative Audio Engineer at Apex Systems (BC, Canada), Lead Audio Engineer at Trinity Wall Street (NY, US), Associate Sound Designer at WarnerMedia (GA, US), Assistant Professor of Audio/Sound Production at University of Cincinnati (OH, US), Audio Technology Intern at Huawei (Finland), Audio Engineer at Seven Consultancy (MA, India), Sound Design Lead at Riot Games (Singapore), Sr Sound Designer at Hi-Rez Studios (GA, US), Audio Engineer in Training at FreightWaves (KS, US), Comedy Audio Designer at Triband (Denmark), Audio Engineer at Pineapple Street Studios (NY, US), and Audio Engineer Lead at Luxoft (MI, US).
Highlight – sound stories this week: On episode 10 of the A Sound Effect Podcast, Sergio Diaz and Zach Seivers give you the story behind Nomadland’s beautiful sound. Hear some of the great new sounds of winter magic, shimmering guitars, police radios and more from the independent sound effects community. Explore 12 resources that’ll help you make the most of your career in sound.
Location: Uppsala, Sweden
MachineGames is looking for a Sound Designer to join our team!
You will work with the Audio Director and the rest of the project team to support the creation and integration of game audio. You will be responsible for all game audio aspects from early design phase to final mix, while adhering to team values and best practices.
Our studio is located in central Uppsala, Sweden which is a small and vibrant city 30 minutes north of Stockholm with a historical heritage reaching back to pre-medieval times. It also has the oldest and one of the largest universities in northern Europe.
This is a permanent position starting as soon as possible. We will support your relocation and/or application for work permit if you have a non-EU passport and/or not currently residing in Sweden.Responsibilities
- Create high quality audio assets.
- Work with Audio Director to ensure your output achieves the desired aesthetic, whilst adhering to any technical constraints imposed.
- Work with audio and dev teams to achieve the projects global goals.
- Record, edit and archive original source material tailored for the game.
- Design and implement dynamic audio assets/systems.
- Edit, process and implement VO.
- Find, report and fix audio bugs.
- 3+ years’ experience / at least one AAA game as Sound Designer.
- Driven and self motivated.
- A passion for sound design and games.
- Demonstrable skill and knowledge in recording and manipulating audio.
- Experience using DAWs such as Reaper.
- Experience using popular middleware such as Wwise.
- Experience contributing to development of proprietary tech.
- Familiarity of scripting audio in 3d map editors is a plus.
- All applications must include a relevant portfolio.
- Degree in related audio field preferred (film/game sound design, music, audio engineering, etc.)
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
Company: Ninja Theory
Location: Cambridge, UK
Location: This role will be predominantly studio based from our brand-new studio in Cambridge, UK. There will also be the option for some home working (UK only)
Level: Open to all levels
About us: Ninja Theory is a five-time Bafta award winning games company based in Cambridge, UK and part of Xbox Game Studios.
Our Mission is: To Craft Life-changing Art with Game-changing Tech and we are building the team that will help us fulfil that promise.
Your Role: You will work in collaboration with the audio team to create unique and immersive soundscapes for our games, designing and implementing assets at a high standard whilst demonstrating originality and creative flair. You will take ownership and accountability for delegated tasks, working alongside other disciplines to achieve a shared vision.
- Ability to elevate game experiences through immersive and emotionally driven sound design.
- Create, implement and mix audio assets to a high standard.
- Demonstrate versatility. Create audio for a variety of styles and genres.
- Creative problem solving. You enjoy challenges and finding solutions within the constraints of the project.
- Understand the principles of sound design for interactive media and have basic knowledge of game engine and audio middleware tools.
Your Experience: Previous work experience isn’t essential. We are purely interested in your sound design capabilities and passion for games and game audio.
- Demo reel showcasing your best sound design. Please do not include music as we are specifically looking for a sound designer.
Our Values: Greatness through Excellence, Teamwork & Integrity.
We offer great pay, wide-ranging benefits and flexible working arrangements so you can focus on what matters. We avoid hierarchy, egos and crunch, preferring trust, talent and experience to see us through. You will be part of an inclusive group of ninjas who know what it takes to succeed, and who will encourage and support you to do the same.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a BAFTA Award winning studio in the Xbox Game Studios Group and be part of pushing the boundaries of interactive entertainment.
Company: The Dream Corporation
Location: London, UK
Your opportunity to break new ground in immersive sound design, taking full ownership of game audio for the UK’s most popular location-based VR experience, OTHERWORLD – a multi-player virtual reality meta-verse with thousands of visitors a week.
We believe that top-quality audio is the key to a truly immersive experience, so we’re looking for a skilled, creative, and pioneering sound designer to join the journey. Do you daydream about what new worlds sound like? Do you want to leave your mark as a trailblazer for the mass medium of the future? If so, this is for you.
As Sound Designer at The Dream Corporation, you will enjoy real influence over the vision for OTHERWORLD’s immersive audio and the tools, processes and techniques used to realise it. You will own the audio from end to end, guiding your ideas from blue-sky conception all the way to regular releases for OTHERWORLD’s growing audience.
You are both artistic and deeply technical, able to scope requirements, spot risks, and vividly realise an ambitious audio vision in a game engine environment. UE4 is your weapon of choice, and you have the necessary knowledge of Blueprint scripting to get the job done. Concepts like sound cues, ambisonics, procedural audio and spatialisation are second nature to you.
You are intrepid and resourceful, stopping at nothing to get the perfect sound effect – whether that’s scouring sound libraries, heading out in the streets with an binaural mic, or cooking up elaborate, madcap Foley ideas.
You understand the importance of spatialised audio in creating a sense of presence in a virtual environment, and want to fool the mind into accepting your soundscapes as an authoritative reality.
You’ll be based in our East London office and work closely with a talented, close-knit team of artists and developers. You’ll report to Ed Wardle, Chief Creative Officer and Co-Founder.You will:
- Work with our CCO to develop and define an audio vision for OTHERWORLD and its associated experiences, then assume full ownership over the execution of that vision
- Define technical audio needs in line with the creative direction (tools, processes, etc.)
- Design, edit, source, and mix top-quality immersive sounds that fit our experiences’ aesthetic and transport our users into fantastical worlds
- Implement your effects and soundscapes in games and environments using UE4 in combination with middleware of your choice (Wwise, Fmod) to ensure our audio is deeply spatial, emotive, procedural, and responsive
- Assist with voiceover casting, engineer recording sessions, and source external studios if necessary
- Test, debug, and maintain all things audio across development and live, shipped builds
- Integrate in-house sound design into our existing production workflow, fostering a collaborative relationship with our multi-disciplinary creative team and contributing to The Dream Corporation’s overall product vision
- Create and maintain audio-related documentation
- Stay on the cutting edge of the industry, using your expertise and creative vision to pioneer new approaches to immersive audio
- Demonstrated audiophile obsessed with the highest quality sound
- Bachelor’s degree in music, music technology or equivalent
- 2+ years professional sound design and implementation experience in the video game industry, or an extensive portfolio and well-developed workflows that you can show us
- Deep understanding of game audio technology:
- Procedural audio design and technique
- Audio implementation in UE4
- Game audio middleware (Fmod or wwise)
- Proficiency in high quality audio asset creation in an industry-standard DAW (e.g. ProTools)
- Audio processing and mixing expertise
- Strong knowledge of post processing plugins
- Passionate about audio in games and VR
- Disciplined approach to storage, archiving, and naming conventions
- Self-motivated, capable of performing at the highest level both autonomously and as part of a team
- You’ve worked on a published game or VR experience
- You’re a musician yourself with broad tastes, inspired by everything from Norwegian black metal to whale song
- Experience composing scores for games, films, or other media. If they were interactive or adaptive, even better
- Field recording experience
- Fantastic opportunity to work with a leader in a new industry, scaling quickly with VC backing and a growing audience
- Genuine influence on the creative direction of a innovative artistic endeavour in a cutting-edge medium
- Competitive salary and share option package dependent on experience and aptitude
- Performance related bonuses – share in the team’s success whilst being rewarded for exceptional personal contribution
- Discounts on VR, drinks and food in our venues
Company: Tt Games
Location: Manchester, UK
The Engine Programming Team at Tt Games Studios, a division of WB Games Inc. works alongside the game teams to create and maintain the tools required to construct our games.
Upon joining, you will be assigned to the lead audio programmer on this team who will act as a mentor, guiding you through our code base and getting you up to speed as quickly as possible.
- Work with audio designers to engineer reusable modular audio systems that they can use to create superior audio content for the game.
- Work with game programmers to integrate reusable audio systems into game-specific ones.
- Alter and enhance third-party tools to better suit the needs of the audio designers.
- Write and maintain GUI for the audio systems.
- Use C++/C# and the editor to achieve the above.
- Help our games achieve audio brilliance!
- Demonstrably strong talent for programming audio and related solutions, with a clear understanding of what makes games sound good.
- Passion for working closely with world-class sound designers, supporting their developing day-to-day needs for audio technology and associated tools.
- A highly self-motivated team player with the ability to dive in, understand code, and learn quickly.
- Fluent in C++/C# with strong debugging and documentation skills.
- Strong 3D maths and DSP skills.
- Strong runtime and process optimisation skills.
- Unreal and Wwise experience.
- A good degree or post-graduate qualification, or relevant experience, in Computer Science or a related subject.