We came across interesting jobs at Media Molecule, Gameloft, and Coffee Stain Studios – and they’re looking for Sound Designers, and a Sound Tester.
Company: Coffee Stain Studios
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
We are currently looking for a Sound Designer for project/freelance work for an unannounced project. We are open to having both an on-site freelancer as well as someone working remotely.
Our current dev team consists of thirteen people, the team is experienced and have worked together for a long time. To get the chance to be part of this great team you need to be a down to earth nice person.
Ideally you have already worked at least a couple of years in the games industry. You are familiar and comfortable with creating and implementing audio in Unreal Engine 4, and have good knowledge of Pro Tools or similar DAWs. Your work will include sound creation for scripted and unscripted events, objects in the world and player mechanics.
About Coffee Stain North
We are still a small-ish studio, and we’d like to stay that way. The games we make are the games we want to play. We strongly believe in staying independent so that we can continue on our own path. We like to work in smaller, more focused teams where everyone matters. Micromanaging is not our style, so everyone needs to take responsibility over their own work.
Coffee Stain North is located in Stockholm, Sweden, one of the most gamer-centric cities in the country.
We believe diversity is a good thing and that creativity thrives when different backgrounds and perspectives are brought to the table. So if you’re any sort of minority in the game industry then we definitely encourage you to apply. Diversity is something we are constantly striving for.
Perks of being a Coffee Stainer
You will get a chance to have a big influence over your own work and taking initiative is encouraged. This goes for both the projects we work in or life at the office in general. Besides all that you get to work with an amazing team in an amazing office.
Company: Media Molecule
Location: Guildford, UK
We are looking for a sound designer to help us make our new user-created content project, Dreams. We are accepting applications from all levels of experience – ability, skills and enthusiasm are more important than shipped titles.
• You will be able to produce awesome sounds! You should have an understanding of what is required to make a game sound good, and be able to demonstrate that knowledge with examples of work.
• You’ll need plenty of knowledge about sound recording, and have experience recording different material, and an understanding of all the practicalities involved. This should also be demonstrable in examples of work.
• Ideally you’ll have experience and knowledge of using various different sound implementation systems. Wwise, FMOD, Unity, Unreal etc. Specific knowledge of these is not a requirement, but a level of competence and expertise in making sounds work in a game is advantageous.
• We’re looking for the ability to demonstrate either a working knowledge of an in-game implementation system, or have used some form of scripting language. Experience with logic is an important part of this role. Demonstrable knowledge using systems like UE4 Blueprints, Max MSP or other visual logic systems is highly desirable.
• You should show some musical knowledge and composition skills. This is not a composition job, but the ability to compose and engineer music is an important feature of this post.
To apply for this position please submit your CV & show-reel (of no more than 1:30 in length) showing footage featuring your work. This is a contract position.
Before you apply:
IMPORTANT: We regret to inform that we cannot sponsor work visas at this time.
Media Molecule is an equal opportunity employer. Recruitment selection is based on objective, job-related criteria, as well as a commitment to diversity. Applicants will be chosen on their merits and abilities.
We are a small, diverse studio with a family vibe. Self-motivation, knowledge of your craft, and willingness to push the boundaries of what is possible are important qualities for prospective Molecules. In return, we offer flexible working, inclusivity, a highly collaborative approach to development and really quite marvellous benefits and perks.
How to apply:
If all of those requirements seem to be describing you, you should apply at once! Simply send us an email to jobs (at) mediamolecule (dot) com, stating the position you’re applying for in the subject of the email.
Tips for getting hired!
These are the things we look for in each person we hire:
• Damn good at what you do!
• Burning with passion, enthusiasm and drive
• Active rather than passive team player
• Loves to collaborate with a creative team
• Jolly nice personality
What you get:
On top of all the things we already mentioned, you’ll also get to be part of a talented, diverse team of people based in Guildford (as well as a small office in Brighton!), with organic fruit, really comfy chairs, and the occasional hug.
Find out what it’s like to work here: https://www.mediamolecule.com/jobs/working_here
Location: Yogyakarta, Indonesia
A leading digital and social game publisher, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and with an audience of 157 million monthly users offers via Gameloft Advertising Solutions a unique level of visibility and involvement to advertisers. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 6,000 people worldwide. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
• Working closely with video Game Producer and Game Programmer from the beginning to the end of the game production cycle
• Finding Sound Bugs in games
• Describing precisely the Sound Bugs found in games
• Making sure that the sound effects and tracks in games are properly audible and triggered
• Reporting Sound Bugs to the bug base
• Strong interest in playing video games
• Experience in playing video games
• Familiarity with audio software
• Great attention to details
• Good skill of English reading and writing
• Office computer literacy
Why join the Gameloft universe?
• Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing!
• Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
• Because you want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
• Or, just because you’re looking for a great place to work!
What we offer:
• Teamwork with international talents
• Recognition and rewards
• Creative and modern workplace
• Continuous and professional training
• Work hard, play hard
We can’t wait to find our next great talent!
• Please submit your CV, cover letter or portfolio (if applicable)
• Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted and your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months.