We came across interesting new jobs at Hi-Rez Studios, Starkey Hearing, Ubisoft, and Nintendo – and they’re looking for a Sound Designer (GA, US), Audio Designer (MN, US), Audio Programmer (MB, Canada), and Audio Engineer (WA, US).
We also found openings for an Audio Project Manager (f/m/d) at Ubisoft (Germany), Audio Project Lead at Keyword Studios (Italy), Technical Sound Designer at Sega Europe (England), Senior Quality Analyst (Audio) at EA (England), Audio Internship at Insomiac Games (CA, US), Podcast Producer/Audio Editor at CoinDesk (TX, US), Video/Audio Production Specialist at Jane Street (NY, US), Technical Sound Designer at Wonderstorm (CA, US), Senior Sound Designer at WB Games (IL, US), Lead Audio Engineer at Luxsoft (MI, US), Audio Engineer at Gimlet/Spotify (CA, US), Sound Designer at Probably Monsters (WA, US), Technical Sound Designer at Creative Assembly (England), and Audio Technician Designer via Bluehawk Consulting (WA, US).
Highlight – sound stories this week: Go behind the sound of Away with re-recording mixer Greg King and sound designer/re-recording mixer Jon Greasley. Get an overview of some of the scariest sound effects libraries ever made. Hear how UCS is revitalizing sound effects + get the sound story behind Radioactive in this brand new A Sound Effect podcast episode. Get 2x chances to win Undertone by Audiokids in the exclusive Discord giveaway.
Company: Hi-Rez Studios
Location: Alpharetta, GA, US
At Hi-Rez, you will have an opportunity to be part of an innovative environment that embraces new and different ideas. We are a passionate and enthusiastic bunch who love video games. We have incredibly talented individuals who are empowered to create and challenged to learn. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your creativity and dedication.
In the Alacrity Arthouse Studio, we support all of Hi-Rez’ game projects with a wide range of art pipeline and creative services starting with direct game art and tech art production and pipeline consultation, but also including cinematics, audio design, and outsourcing support. Alacrity Arthouse is a branch of Hi-Rez Studios dedicated to bring great art solutions to Hi-Rez and other game development studios.
Come join the creators of the critically acclaimed games SMITE, Paladins, Tribes: Ascend, and Global Agenda as we embark on exciting new game projects!
What Our Sound Designers Do
- Sound design assets and implement sound effects and music in-game.
- Highly proficient with Wwise and UE4.
- Help establish the audio aesthetic for the game.
- Work with programmers and designers to explore new audio features, system design, and implementation processes for the game.
- Interface with producers, leads, and team members to coordinate audio needs and asset lists.
- Field record new sounds as needed.
- Play the game regularly and continually identify opportunities to improve audio quality.
- A self-motivated individual who works well when left on his/her own.
- 3+ years of experience in audio for AAA games.
- Solid sound design and implementation skills.
- Ability to work quickly and go through iterations.
- Ability to work well with feedback.
- Expertise with Wwise.
- Expertise with Unreal Engine, the more experience with Unreal, the better!
- Familiarity with Unreal Blueprints.
Company: Starkey Hearing
Location: Eden Prairie, MN, US
Starkey Hearing Technologies is much more than the hearing aids we produce. We are in the business of connecting people and changing lives. We believe being able to hear the world and the people around us is as essential to the human experience as breathing.
As a world leader and largest American hearing aid company, we design and deliver advanced hearing solutions to people all around the world. Our goal is to bring people together and make lives richer by empowering individuals to reach their full potential in life.
This position is responsible for entering orders into the system accurately to design the product that the customer is requesting. This position is also responsible to identify that the order has the correct attributes.
- Ensure custom hearing aid orders are entered accurately
- Design customer hearing aid orders
- Process New Orders, Remakes, and Lost and Damaged Orders.
- Order Standard Products and Accessories as needed.
- Cross-train on Order Processor functions
- Perform order processing
- Stay current on Starkey Products, Software, and Processes
- Support production/customer service requests
- Check and verify quality.
- React to change productively and handle other essential duties as assigned.
- Support Corporate Health and Safety Objectives.
- Work with immediate manager to address issues, opportunities and concerns.
- Provide ideas, support and assistance for continuous improvement activities.
- Support colleagues and other departments to deliver great customer service.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to accurately read audiograms preferred
- Good hand-eye coordination required
- Good manual dexterity required.
- Excellent attention to detail required
- Ability to type 30 WPM preferred
- Good ten key skills preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend numbers and instructions.
- Verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
Hours for this position will be 7:00 to 3:00
This position will be on-site in Eden Prairie, this is not a work from home position.
Location: Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Who we are
Ubisoft Winnipeg is a studio with a unique mission: develop new technologies and tools that will change the way we build video game worlds. We are the only Ubisoft studio focused on exploring the unknown to develop technology that empowers game creators at studios around the world to build even better, more immersive worlds across our major brands such as Far Cry, Assassin’s Creed and Watch_Dogs.
Who you are
As an Audio Programmer, you will be responsible for implementing features related to all aspects of in-game audio. You will also be working closely with other teams to establish requirements and to provide tools and audio systems for the game. You believe in our studio’s core values and want to be part of a collaborative team.
What you’ll do
- Conduct audio improvements for the pipeline tools and develop new features related to the audio design requirements.
- Learn in-house audio tools and participate in their development with the core tech group.
- Long term goals are to participate in the growth of a strong audio programmer community in the Winnipeg studio.
At Ubisoft Winnipeg, we look for more than work experience, education or training alone. You have programming experience, but more importantly, a deep passion to build and create.
We want to hear from people with:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or software engineering or equivalent training or experience;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in general programming, preferably in audio programming;
- Strong C/C++/C# language skills;
- Hand-on experience with audio middleware (ex: Miles, FMOD, Wwise, etc.);
- Understanding of audio technical concepts (ex: Mixing, Sample rates, Data compression, Filters, Reverbs, 3D positional audio, etc.);
- Game development experience on an AAA title an asset;
- Interest in tools, audio pipe line and audio 3D rendering, knowledge in DSP algorithm;
- Experience with Max MSP;
- Knowledge in granular syntheses;
- Knowledge in audio Occlusion /propagation;
- Knowledge in Ambisonic format is a plus;
- Passion for audio programming;
- Passion for technology;
- Creativity and resourcefulness;
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change;
- Sense of Initiative;
- Teamwork skills;
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills, and anything else (GitHub, examples of projects) you think we might find helpful
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery. At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create worlds people will fall in love with. Whether as an elite spy, a master assassin, or a fearless explorer, we put the player at the heart of all our games.
We believe our diversity is our strength. We recognize and celebrate a variety of perspectives, opinions, opportunities, and voices. We embrace our differences and draw from them to build our collaborative family culture.
Location: Redmond, WA, US
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch™ system and the Nintendo 3DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold more than 4.7 billion video games and more than 740 million hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS™ family of systems, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™, Wii™ and Wii U™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo’s operations in the Americas. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company’s website at http://www.nintendo.com.
Description Of Duties
- Collaborate with clients, director/producer to get proper sound
- Evaluate projects for specific sound requirements
- Record, edit, mix various sound sources
- Responsible for final mix of broadcast and web-based videos
- Sweeten or add effects to audio in post-production
- Operate various types of video and still cameras
- Create and maintain sound libraries
- Resolve technical issues related to sound, when they arise
- 5 to 7 years working in video production emphasis on audio recording and mixing
- Technical expertise in sound engineering techniques
- Expert knowledge of sound acquisition and recording equipment
- Expert knowledge of various types of audio software including Pro Tools and Audition
- Working knowledge of Adobe CC (Premiere, After Effects)
- Must be well-versed in broadcast audio standards
- Occasional lifting of up to 20 pounds
- Ability to effectively move about an office campus
- Undergraduate degree, degree in audio/sound engineering