We came across 4 interesting jobs at Naughty Dog, Gearbox Software, Hexany Audio, and Foundry 42 (Cloud Imperium) – and they’re looking for an Audio Implementer, Senior Sound Designer, Studio Assistant, and Junior Audio Programmer.
Company: Naughty Dog
Location: Santa Monica, CA, USA
Naughty Dog is seeking an enthusiastic and disciplined individual to join our audio team. The bulk of the work will be tagging animations with our proprietary in-house tools. The ideal candidate possesses a strong sense of timing, rhythm and a focused attention to detail. In addition you may work within our other systems to assist in setting up audio regions for environmental audio. This is not a design position.
• Coordinating and implementing character based sounds (Foley) within animation sets
• Working closely with the Audio Lead and sound design staff to implement sound effects on animations
• Collaborating with Animation team to stay on top of iterative material and respond accordingly
• Implementing effort vocalizations of characters within specific animation sets
• A fundamental knowledge of sound design and sound editing – most importantly, the timing and placement of sounds in relation to visuals
• Possess technical proficiency including the ability to handle text files, light scripting capabilities, asset management, and proprietary game tools
• Demonstrate solid writing and communication skills
• Clearly and concisely define game critical issues, problem solving capabilities
• Quickly adapt to change, help to find creative solutions and maintain positive momentum in the face of adversity
• Maintain AAA quality work within an aggressive schedule deadline driven environment
• Shipped a game at any level
As a part of the Naughty Dog application process, candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio or demo reel of their work and may be asked to complete a test. This position is for a temporary engagement through our staffing partner Yoh Services. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for this position. Please note, this is an onsite position.
Company: Gearbox Software
Location: Frisco, TX, USA
Gearbox Software is looking for a full-time, on-site senior audio designer who is dedicated to excellence in creative sound design with a focus on recording original source and organizing collaborative recording sessions with the rest of the audio team. Senior audio designers are expected to have a voice when it comes to new ideas or game systems and we encourage experimentation to that end. We desire all of our audio designers to take ownership in their areas of passion and to be a stakeholder in not only our games but our company as well.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in game audio development.
• Must have shipped at least 2 AAA titles.
• A comprehensive understanding of game audio system design.
• Must be able to integrate with teams well and have exceptional people skills.
• Experience with Wwise.
• Experience working in UE4.
• Must be proficient in Pro tools or Nuendo.
• Foley and field recording experience are a must. We are looking for someone that considers this to be part of their everyday workflow.
• Content creation and asset management.
• Implementation in both Wwise and UE4.
• Working with producers, leads, and team members to coordinate audio needs and asset lists.
• Working with Audio programmers on system design and implementation methods.
• Creation of design and system documentation.
• Organizing foley and field recording sessions.
• Experience with audio for linear post is a plus.
Company: Hexany Audio
Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Hexany Audio is a Los Angeles based sound and music production studio founded in early 2012. We specialize in sound design, original music, and dialogue production for games, interactive media, and VR (virtual reality). We’re currently looking for a Studio Assistant to join our team on-site at our studio in Los Angeles. This is a full-time hourly position in-house. Contractors, remote applicants, and individuals pursuing a career in sound design or music composition need not apply.
As a Studio Assistantat Hexany, your role will be extremely supportive. You will work very closely with our Audio Director and Producer performing a wide variety of tasks to help keep the day-to-day operations running smoothly. We work on a ton of awesome video game, theme park, and interactive entertainment projects. If you are interested in the production side of things, are extremely detail oriented, and have a passion for games, we’d love to have you apply!
The ideal candidate is:
• Highly organized and detail oriented. You always know where your keys are and spreadsheets bring a smile to your face.
• Personable. You may interface with our clients, so being outgoing and likable with great inter-personal skills is a must.
• Not afraid to get their hands dirty. You don’t shy away from office maintenance, fridge stocking, and tidying up the place when clients are coming over.
• A master of documents. Excel, Google Sheets, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint/Keynote, emails, and bank transactions are foes easily vanquished.
• Never late.Lateness is a horror that must be purged from the planet, and you’ve made it your personal mission to bear that torch.
• Assist with daily operations and maintain an ultra-organized studio
• Process file deliveries for clients and quality check files for errors
• Update calendars, book travel, and schedule sessions
• Work autonomously to solve problems before they arise and fight fires effectively when they do
• Help manage our interns and work with our team to unblock workflows when issues arise
• Manage invoices, QuickBooks, and work orders for projects
• Extremely detail oriented and organized
• Minimum of 1 year experience in an assistant or similar role
• Ability to think quickly on your feet and make good decisions
***How To Apply***
Applications MUST be submitted through our website at https://hexanyaudio.com/jobs/
Job Type: Full-time
• Assistant: 1 year
Company: Foundry 42
Location: Wilmslow, Cheshire, UK
Foundry 42 is looking for a Junior Audio Programmer to work on our exciting PC space combat sim, Star Citizen. You will work in-house at our studio in Manchester, UK, in a cooperative, cross-disciplinary team environment to implement game audio features and systems in Cloud Imperium’s games.
• Working day-to-day with members of the CIG Audio department on audio implementation
• Collaborating closely with sound designers, and dialogue & music implementation specialists on designing and engineering high level audio systems to maximise the end-user’s sonic experience
• Developing, enhancing and optimising the audio engine wherever possible
• Maintaining and improving tools, assistive tech and audio workflow within the game and editor
• Contributing to maintenance of audio asset build systems, including the dialogue/localisation pipeline
• Designing and producing unit testing/automated testing systems with an emphasis on audio
• Taking ownership of aforementioned systems and iterating upon them; documenting where appropriate
• Sharing knowledge and expertise to improve the CIG Audio programming team as a whole
• Continually learning and improving upon your audio programming skills and how to apply them
• Strong C++ programming skills
• Good, relevant qualifications
• A passion for making and playing games
• Can work well in a cooperative team environment
• Knowledge of or strong interest in audio programming, principles of sound, acoustics, digital signal processing
• Ability to adapt and learn quickly
Bonus points can include:
• Familiarity with WWise, and/or other game audio systems
• Working demos
• Familiarity with game engines and middleware
• Multi-threaded programming skills and knowledge
• Understanding of networking code
• An interest in procedural audio techniques
Wilmslow, Cheshire, UK