We came across 4 interesting jobs at Turn 10 Studios, Splash Damage, Rooster Teeth, and EA – and they’re looking for a Presentation Audio Lead, Audio Director, Audio Engineer for Animation, and Audio Artist.
Company: Turn 10 Studios
Location: Seattle, WA, USA
Turn 10 Studios, the creators of the top selling and critically acclaimed Forza Motorsport games, is looking for a Presentation Audio Lead to join the Audio Team. As the Presentation Audio Lead, you will use your audio expertise to identify opportunities for sound across the project and provide insight into how audio can be best utilized during development. The ideal candidate should be a strong communicator and seasoned collaborator, often working closely with Designers, Artists, and Engineers to deliver class-leading experiences to our players
• Audio owner for User Experience, Cinematic Presentation, Voiceover, and Accessibility
• Identify opportunities for audio contributions and innovations across the wider project
• Collaborate with team and discipline leaders on features, presentation concepts, prototypes, and final deliverables
• 5+ years of experience building audio for games
• Minimum 1 AAA title in a senior audio role
• Expert-level understanding of game audio production processes and pipelines
• Comprehensive understanding of audio signal flow principles and audio best practices
• Have an ear for quality and strong audio aesthetic sensibilities
• Possesses strong communication skills and is comfortable collaborating across multiple disciplines
• Proficiency with non-linear audio editing tools (Nuendo, Pro Tools, Reaper, etc)
• Demonstrate a high skill level in Sound Design for interactive and/or linear media
• Audio Lead experience
• Proficiency with FMOD Studio
• VO production
• Audio mixing for multichannel formats
• Experience working with external teams
Company: Splash Damage
Location: Bromley, UK
Located in the London borough of Bromley, Splash Damage is all about crafting the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences. Our recent projects include our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb as well as Gears of War 4. We’re growing our studio for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for talented and passionate developer to help create them.
We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits, and have been awarded The Sunday Times’s Best Companies accreditation three years running.
We believe our teams create better experiences when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
Splash Damage is looking for an Audio Director to guide our talented visual effects and audio team in crafting outstanding audio experiences for our players. In this role you will inspire, support and empower our audio designers to deliver their best. You will define, champion and hold the audio vision for our projects and maintain alignment through every stage of development.
As an Audio Director you will be responsible for:
• Defining the audio quality in collaboration with our Project Directors and Leads and the script for the proposed game.
• Overseeing and directing the delivery of audio effects in conjunction with our visual effects team
• Meeting project deliverables and deadlines to achieve the required standard for our games within a proposed timeline
• Motivating and inspiring the audio team, enabling them to pursue their passion and excel in their areas of expertise.
• Maintaining and supporting alignment in the team for the audio style & mood for our projects.
• You will be required to mentor, coach and manage the audio team with regular 1-2-1s, setting objectives and supporting a collaborative environment.
• Collaborate with production and discipline Leads on project planning, workflows and audio direction.
Essential Skills & Experience:
• Educated to at least Masters Degree level in a relevant film, video or music production degree.
• Have proven experience as Audio Lead or Director, with extensive experience developing AAA titles in a similar games environment.
• Evidence of working on award winning or market leading video games.
• Ability to work with script writers and voice providers to ensure Dialogue is of excellent standard and provide creative influence on the final product.
• Conversant in Apple Logic Studio, Unreal, JSON, Perforce, Microsoft Office Suite, Sonic Foundry Suite
• Ability to communicate with composers and direct the composition of music.
• Be able to organise and engineer large-scale field recording sessions.
• Have experience with game audio middleware such as Wwise and Fmod.
• Familiar with industry standard audio software such as Reaper.
• Experience in mixing and mastering of linear media such as trailers and cinematics.
• Ability to design game audio tools to drive speech/sfx/music in innovative ways.
• Have experience directing Foley, and working with Foley providers.
• Be able to oversee and assist in supporting a localisation pipeline.
• A good team player
Company: Rooster Teeth
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Rooster Teeth’s Animation Department is looking for a skilled Audio Engineer to join our ever growing team. Working on properties such as Camp Camp, RWBY, Red Vs. Blue, Nomad of Nowhere, and the newly announced show Gen:Lock, we are a team of hardworking individuals who take pride in every step of our pipeline. If you’re the type of person who gets excited about collaboration, communication, and sound design, then you’re the type of person we want to hear from!
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS AN IN-HOUSE TEMP-TO-HIRE POSITION.
• Recording and editing dialogue
• Designing sound effects across multiple shows of varying styles
• Mixing in Stereo and Surround formats
• Interface with Lead and Directorial staff to help establish and realize aural vision for each production
• 2+ Years Proficiency with Pro Tools on OSX
• 3+ Years of Sound Design/Mixing (Surround Sound is a bonus)
• Up to date knowledge of commonly used plugins and SFX libraries for post-production
• Understanding of Advanced Signal flow/routing
• Knowledge of Loudness Unit standards for broadcast
• Intermediate knowledge of field recording, including but not limited to use of lavaliers, and acting as boom operator
• Basic familiarity with our content
• Good team-player attitude and the ability to take constructive feedback from project leads
• Highly detail-oriented
• Must include a demo reel that highlights your sound design and mix work. This is not a composer position.
Perks + Benefits:
• Use What You Need paid time off
• 100% Company paid health & dental benefits
• 401(k) with a company match
• Catered meal on Mondays
• Opportunity for career growth
• Flexible dress code
• Kitchen stocked with snacks
• Pet Friendly
Company: EA Audioworks
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada
Audioworks is looking for an enthusiastic and skilled Audio Artist who can make an immediate contribution to our team. This successful candidate must be able to work with and audio team for a specific project(s). The individual should have core experience in select phases of audio design and production, in at least in every key component – sound design, music, voice production, and implementation. This candidate will work within the Audioworks team and should have a basic understanding of game development. The ideal candidate will have a passion for video games, with an overwhelming drive to create a world class audio experience.
• Create quality audio for video games
• Authors small and/or well-defined audio-related tasks
• Directly supports portion(s) of feature(s) or small project or task(s)
• Quality control review of project(s)
• Sound design of source elements and/or speech editing, naming and file organization
• 1 to 3 years game audio and/or post-production experience
• Minimum 2 years’ professional studio engineering/recording experience (or equivalent)
• Dialogue / speech editing experience
• Ideally should have basic exposure and experience using game development tools, technology and pipelines (Wwise, FMOD)
• Is comfortable with modern audio creation equipment, software and recording techniques, with a level of proficiency in at least one DAW
• Fully proficient in ProTools (ProTools certified or equivalent)
• Excellent communication skills, written and oral
• Solid knowledge of PC and Mac hardware and software
• Works well as part of a team
• Strong artistic and creative sensibilities