We came across interesting new jobs at Wonderstorm, Vostok Games, Archetype Entertainment, and Keyper Company – and they’re looking for a Technical Sound Designer (CA, US), Sound Designer (Ukraine), Audio Director (TX, US), and Sound Designer (CA, US).
We also found openings for a Senior Audio Engineer at Avail Medsystems (CA, US), Sound Designer at Amplitude Studios (France), Audio Engineer at Bentkey Ventures (TN, US), Audio Engineer at Mimi Hearing Technologies (Germany), Audio Engineer at L&T Technology Services Ltd (MI, US), Sound Designer at Void Interactive (Remote), Supervising Producer “Serial” at New York Times (NY, US), and Research Fellow in Audio Engineering at University of Surrey (England).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group has openings for an Audio Engineer at American Public Media (CA, US), and a Sound Effect Artist at Outfit7 (Slovenia), and the Hey Audio Student Facebook group also has opportunities for a Learning & Development Working Student at SoundCloud (Germany), Apple Music Lead at Apple (MA, India), Sound Engineer at Apple (CA, US), Content Creation Engineer at Apple (CA, US), Freelance Media Operations Coordinator at Sesame Workshop (NY, US), Audio Engineering Internship at Bose (MA, US), Virtual CNN Audio Marketing Intern at Turner Corporation (DC, US), and Audio Engineer at The Fenway Alliance (MA, US). Happy job hunting!
Highlight – sound stories this week: Ren Klyce shares the story behind the vintage Hollywood-magic sound of Mank. You can get yourself an early Christmas present here (20 sound effects and a free SFX library). Melissa Pons shares insights and thoughts – from herself and others in the community – on living as a freelancer in the sound industry. We’ve done a lot of listening and have found some excellent podcast episodes about sound for you. Composer Jack Wall takes you behind the score for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War.
Location: El Segundo, CA, US
Wonderstorm is a double threat media studio that creates timeless animated TV series and engaging video games that anchor our entertainment franchises.
Our first franchise, the Emmy Award-winning The Dragon Prince, began as an original animated series on Netflix in 2018. All three seasons have been a Top 10 digital original and are rated 100% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes. The series was recently picked up for four additional seasons. A world-class video game for The Dragon Prince is under development by the same creative team.
Wonderstorm is a place where creators work with visionary teams to do meaningful work that will last for generations.
Do you like to tell stories through rich and detailed auditory experiences? If so, we are looking to bring on a Technical Sound Designer to help create an immersive world and experience that empowers the players. As part of a small close-knit team, you will have the opportunity to make meaningful contributions that will have a great impact on the final product. Come help us build a world-class game and bring the world (and sounds) of Xadia to life!
What you will do…
- Create immersive game experiences through the medium of sound
- Implement solutions including Wwise asset imports, scripting behavior, route assignment, and generating audio events
- Utilizing Unreal Editor to integrate audio into the game
- Test, debug, and maintain Audio Implementation
- Regular playtesting and following changes that impact audio components of the game
- Stay current with emerging sound technologies and solutions that will contribute to the game
- 3 years of professional design and implementation experience in the video game industry
- Worked on a published AA or AAA title
- A solid understanding of “procedural audio” design and technique
- Experience integrating audio in the Unreal Engine
- High proficiency in Wwise
- Facilitated in creating quality audio assets in your DAW of choice (Pro Tools / Nuendo / Reaper…)
- Audio editing, processing, and mixing expertise
- Experience in dialogue editing, prep, and localization management
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees, and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Company: Vostok Games
Location: Kiev, Ukraine
- Project name (s): Unannounced Project
- At what stage is the project (s)? Preproduction
- Genres: Shooter
- Platforms: PC
- Creation of audio assets according to modern technical sound requirements, and their implementation
- 1+ experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with Blueprints
- Experience with UE4 audio toolkit
- Working experience on first-person shooter
- Experience with non-linear voice acting of firearms will be a plus
- To be independent, sociable, executive, proactive
- Working on a new project in a creative atmosphere
- Opportunities for career growth
- A comfortable office not far from Olimpiyska subway station
- Flexible working hours
- 18 working days of paid vacation per year
Над чим працювати?
- Назва проекту (тут): Неоголошений проект
- На якій стадії проекту (ы)? Виробництво
- Жанри: Шутер
- Платформи: ПК
- Створення звукових активів відповідно до сучасних технічних вимог щодо звуку та їх реалізація
- 1+ досвід роботи з Unreal Engine 4
- Досвід роботи з кресленнями
- Досвід роботи зі звуковим інструментарієм UE4
- Досвід роботи на шутері від першої особи
- Досвід використання нелінійної голосової дії вогнепальної зброї буде плюсом
- Бути незалежним, товариським, виконавчим, ініціативним
- Робота над новим проектом у творчій атмосфері
- Можливості для кар’єрного зростання
- Комфортний офіс неподалік від станції метро “Олімпійська”
- Гнучкий робочий час
- 18 робочих днів оплачуваних відпусток на рік
Company: Archetype Entertainment
Location: Austin, TX, US
Archetype Entertainment is a new game studio in Austin, Texas led by industry veterans from BioWare and other AAA studios. Archetype is a division of Wizards of the Coast (Hasbro). We are building a development team with world-class talent to create a new science fiction universe for our first multiplatform roleplaying video game.
Our goal is to create the greatest story-driven roleplaying games in the world.
At Archetype, we believe there will always be a place for story-driven roleplaying games that put the player at the center of an epic personal narrative with impactful choices. We also believe that game studios should empower top developers and challenge them with ambitious projects that are shaped by a strong, clearly communicated creative vision.
We chose Austin because it is a great place to live and work. Austin is the capital of Texas and is a fast-growing city with a vibrant music scene, cosmopolitan culture, a world-class university (the University of Texas at Austin — “Hook ‘em Horns!”), and scenic rolling hills. It was recently voted the #1 place to live in America for the third year in a row — based on affordability, job prospects, and quality of life.
We are seeking an Audio Director to join our team. In this role, you will build and lead our audio team and deliver an immersive soundscape that elevates the player experience of our first game. The ideal candidate is an experienced leader in sound design and audio production for AAA games who fosters teamwork and builds trust with leadership and developers alike. This role reports to the Technical Operations Director.What You’ll Do
- Establish and articulate an audio vision for the game
- Build and mentor an audio team to deliver industry-leading sound design
- Work with external partners to fill any gaps in skills or capacity
- Select a composer and lead production for the soundtrack of the game
- Collaborate with the Cinematic Director on casting, VO, and PCap for cinematics
- Identify technical audio requirements to the Engineering team and assure they’re met
- Integrate sound design into the development process, creating a collaborative relationship that fosters quality and a healthy work environment
- Maintain the audio budget and partner with the Production team to align audio planning with the rest of the project
- 8+ years in audio production at a senior level on multiple AAA games
- Deep understanding of game audio technology
- Musical knowledge as a producer, composer, and/or musician
- Solid foundation in audio equipment setup and usage
- Ability to manage budgets, contracts, schedules, and production for both internal and external audio teams and vendors
- Experience with composers, soundtrack recording, and production
- Experience with VO recording and PCap
- Team leadership and mentorship skills
- Open and collaborative communications style
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Company: Keyper Company
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA, US
Keyper Company is a leading new media production company intensely focused on the production and worldwide distribution of innovative, engaging, and brand-friendly content. The assets under management have generated over 5 billion+ views and 40 million+ followers across digital and social platforms. Keyper Company continues to create content that engages a dynamic and diverse audience from around the globe.
THE CANDIDATE WE ARE SEEKING
You will be joining a cutting edge Post Production team to add sound design to attention-grabbing and compelling content that generates billions of views. We have a highly collaborative team that contributes in as many aspects of the production as they are passionate about. You will be a part of a team built on a culture of collaboration and commitment to the audience we serve.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS ROLE
- Source music and sound effects for our content
- Craft the sound design for each episode to enhance all aspects of the content
- Level vocals, music and sfx and QC
- Keep server and projects organized upon completion
- Experiment with styles and techniques
- Incorporate your strong comedic instincts (we do our best to infuse comedy into everything we do)
- Premiere Pro Editing and utilizing the Creative Suite
- Ability to take the lead on projects with limited direction and to take the initiative on developing new creatives
- Syncing audio through multiple techniques
- Experience editing/working on content for digital platforms/creators (preferably content that has gone viral)
- Experience doing sound design for projects
- An eye for today’s top social video trends is a huge plus
- Experience prioritizing projects, tasks and deadlines
- Experience researching and developing
- Experience incorporating learnings from analytics or audience feedback