We came across 3 interesting jobs at Blizzard, Activision, and ROBLOX – and they’re looking for a Senior Producer for Cinematic Sound, Audio Designer, and Game Audio Manager.
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for an Mid or Senior Sound Designer at Ninja Theory, Audio Programmer at 343, and Studio Engineer for Audiobook Production at Storytel Publishing. Happy job hunting!
Location: Irvine, CA, USA
The Blizzard Sound Team is seeking a talented Senior Producer with post-production experience to support the sound pipeline for Cinematics and other linear media. As a member of the Sound production team, you will have an array of responsibilities across multiple projects and disciplines.
The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background in audio, music, and video post-production pipelines as well as project and organizational management. The position will interface with picture editors, cinematic directors, producers, and sound supervisors to support a variety of content for varying projects that include promotional media, web videos, trailers, logos, inward-facing content, etc. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, in addition to solid interpersonal skills, are required as you must be able to interact well with other departments and a multitude of clients.
Interested candidates should be comfortable working under tight deadlines, have excellent organizational and time management skills, be comfortable taking direction and criticism, can easily adapt to shifting priorities, and be able to work with equal effectiveness, both solo and as part of a project team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Take ownership for sound projects in support of Cinematics and other linear media, seeing them successfully through production
blCoordinate, track, and manage project resources to ensure projects are completed on schedule and are of top quality
• Facilitate communication with other producers, sound designers, voice directors, composers, audio / video technicians and stakeholders from other teams
• Source, vet, and manage relationships with external vendors as appropriate in support of audio development
• Manage budget planning as well as execution to budget
• Take responsibility for finding appropriate solutions to problems and challenges as they arise within the group
• Maintain clear notes in meetings / reviews to send out immediately after and depicts clear action items
• Contribute to a positive and constructive work environment
• A minimum of 8 years’ industry experience in a video game or post production setting with a minimum of 3 AAA shipped titles or equivalent film/television credits
• Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience
• Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite
• Strong understanding of project management methodologies
• Experience owning and managing budgets
• Experience in managing large quantities of digital assets and complex project schedules
• Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
• Able to work well with others in a diverse and fast-paced environment
• Experience facilitating teams and delivering products on time
• Able to facilitate and mediate between members of the development and support teams
• Strong ownership and responsibility for the work
• Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative
• Familiarity with Blizzard Games and Cinematics, as well as the Blizzard “sonic brand”
• Thorough knowledge of Shotgun
• Strong understanding in post production disciplines and trouble-shooting techniques
Required Application Materials:
• Resume (PDF Preferred)
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Location: Santa Monica, CA, USA
This position would be employed by an external agency (Volt), working onsite with Activision Publishing.
The Audio Designer role provides support services to all engaged departments: PR, Marketing, Production and Development Studios to produce high-quality audio assets. Here you will have the unique opportunity to assist in sound design and editorial tasks on a wide variety of titles, as well as add your creative touch to cinematics, trailers and other multimedia projects.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
• Contribute to all aspects of sound design, post-production, and implementation as required
• Record original sounds for Foley and Sound Design
• Record live on location for livestreams and on-camera filming
• Have an “ear to the ground” on new music – from popular artists and music libraries
• Work closely with the Audio Creative Team Lead to establish a unique sonic identity for Activision produced cinematics and trailers
• Implements feedback from customer teams
• Performs other duties, as assigned
• Intermediate audio editing, synthesis, processing, and mixing skills – particularly with sound effects and dialog.
• Intermediate knowledge and experience with current pro-audio tools, such Pro Tools, Adobe Audition, Abelton Live and other professional software and plug-ins
• Understanding of next gen console audio functionality and capabilities
• High level of attention to detail
• Excellent organization and communication skills
• Good work ethic and a positive attitude
• Ability to multitask while maintaining professionalism and composure
• Thick skinned, good listener and able to take constructive criticism
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and prioritize deadlines
• Strong technical and troubleshooting skills
• A demo reel
• 2-3 years of experience in the video game industry a plus
• Customer Service experience a plus
Great Games Start with Great People! This is an exciting time to join us!
Ask anyone who works at Activision, or with Activision, their favorite thing about it, and they’ll tell you, it’s the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure and resources, but our success doesn’t come from assembly lines producing widgets. Our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employee’s brilliance. So if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s the people.
Headquartered in Santa Monica,CA, Activision operates at the intersection of technology, entertainment, esports, and consumer products. Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games, we are the creators of some of the world’s biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our portfolio includes Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, and Destiny®.
Location: San Mateo, CA, USA
Roblox’s imagination platform is ushering in the next generation of entertainment. Roblox enables kids of all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive experiences on their phones, desktops, consoles, and VR. Powered by a growing global community of millions of creators, Roblox enables anyone to build, publish, and monetize their creations.
ComScore ranks Roblox as one of the top digital properties in the US for kids under the age of 18 and has been named One of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the Inc. 5000 for two consecutive years.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet.
As the Game Audio Manager, you will make the Roblox soundscape the best it can be. You will build and deliver on a plan to harness the creativity of user-generated games and apply industry-leading algorithms and methods to envelop the player in something that’s amazing, no matter whether the target platform is mobile, desktop, console or VR. If you want to leapfrog the state of the art in game audio engines and help build and lead the team that delivers interactive audio for the next ten years, you’ll be right at home within our highly skilled and rapidly growing Game Engine team.
• Experienced in immersive interactive audio: Many years of working with interactive and physically based audio, generally in a gaming environment
• Fluent in signal processing: You understand human hearing modeling, physical modeling, and ad-hoc audio algorithms
• Good at systems level C++ programming: Pointers, templates, and raw blocks of memory are tools to write high-performance code, not your enemies
• Eager to learn: Able to adapt to a dynamic-everything environment where pre-computation isn’t possible
• Self-sufficient: Experienced in working with internal and external stakeholders to deliver projects that keep working once they’re done
• A leader: Comfortable in defining and championing a plan to improve audio capabilities over time, and marshal others to your cause
• Engine/platform oriented: You might have helped develop a game engine from scratch, or done other similar projects
• Resource minded: You have probably worked on alternate and constrained platforms like consoles or mobile devices
• Develop engine code that generates awesome audio for all user-created games on the Roblox platform
• Select the right balance of human models, physical models, and ad-hoc algorithms to achieve the best outcome for each use case
• Carry the torch for the future of audio in user-generated games
• Optimize audio implementations to conserve battery on mobile phones while being amazingly realistic on high-end platforms
• Self-organize and take ownership of the project throughout its full lifecycle, with opportunities to help build a team that does the same.
• Find out how Roblox is special and how you can harness that to deliver awesome audio environments using industry-leading techniques across all platforms
• Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
• A rewarding 401k program
• Flexible vacation policy
• Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
• Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
• Annual CalTrain Go Pass
• A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
• Rock star status with our community