We came across 4 interesting jobs at Infinity Ward, Ubisoft San Fran, EA Madrid, and Riot Games – and they’re looking for a Senior Technical Sound Designer, Technical Audio Designer, Junior Audio Artist, and VO Designer.
We also found a position for a Contract Audio Artist at EA Tiburon.
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for a Senior Audio Designer at Ubisoft RedLynx, Producer/Audio Fellowship at New York Times, and Associate Professor of Sound Design at University of California, San Diego. Happy job hunting!
Company: Infinity Ward
Location: Woodland Hills, CA, USA
Infinity Ward is looking for a passionate and experienced Senior Technical Sound Designer to help set the bar for excellence in sound. In this role, you will apply your creative and technical skills to one of the most popular video game franchises in the world. Here you will have the unique opportunity to create and implement audio, as well as add your creative touch to in-game cinematics. Reporting to the Audio Director, you will take a leading role in the sound design and editorial aspects of our team and take opportunities to train and teach other people on the team.
• Creation of world class in-game sounds and cinematics.
• Create and constantly contribute to our in-house sound library.
• Identify and evangelize best practices in sound design.
• Provide direct hands-on sound design support and implementation to developers.
• Demonstrated creative and technical achievements in sound design.
• AAA experience in interactive and linear sound effects design.
• Experience with major digital audio workstations, and power-user of at least one.
• Understanding of third-party audio engines (Wwise, FMOD).
• Expert understanding of technical audio theory and audio engineering, field recording equipment and techniques.
• Positive attitude and excellent interpersonal communication skills.
• A love for all things game audio related.
• Scripting experience a plus.
Company: Ubisoft San Francisco
Location: San Francisco, CA, USA
Ubisoft Entertainment, a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry, is currently seeking a full-time Technical Audio Designer. We are looking for a highly talented, motivated, and experienced person for a new multiplatform AAA project based in our San Francisco studio. You will work on cutting-edge audio technology, expanding audio systems and integrating sound into gameplay to deliver exciting game experiences. You will be a part of a collaboration-oriented team where you will have the opportunity to contribute in meaningful ways.
• Design, implement, and debug audio systems for game development in our SF Studio
• Bridge the gap between audio designers and programmers to be the go between of the two discipline
• Collaborate with designers and programmers to develop systems/tools to allow audio designers to further realize their artistic aural vision.
• Adopt and improve the existing audio development process.
• Manage audio data budget, Wwise session organization, SoundBank structure and loading, and run-time audio optimizations
• Responsible for documenting audio systems and educating the content creators in audio best practices.
• Defining and managing loudness standards
• Proficient with Audiokinetic’s Wwise
• Extensive knowledge of implementing audio in modern game engines
• Advanced knowledge of sound design, synthesis, & audio manipulation
• Knowledge of and experience with building and maintaining modern audio systems in AAA titles
• Work efficiently and autonomously with a high attention to detail
• Understanding of mix engineering process and loudness standards within the industry
• Unrelenting passion for games
• Strong musical background, preferably playing an instrument
• Basic understanding of DSP and audio programming skills
• Desire to keep up with gaming news and audio trends
• Experience with console development (PS4, Xbox One, etc.)
Ubisoft is composed of over 13,000 talented people located in 28 countries across the globe. With around 85% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world.
The company’s 30 different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin’s Creed®, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more.
Company: EA Madrid
Location: Madrid, Spain
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EA: THE BEST GAMES, THE BEST TALENT
At EA, we thrive on outrageous thinking. It’s the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We’re innovators and great storytellers. But it’s not just about amazing your peers, it’s about amazing yourself. Take risks. Collaborate with brilliant minds and dare to dream big. Together, we are changing the way millions play every day.
The challenge ahead:
Audioworks is looking for an Audio Artist who can make a contribution to many aspects of audio development for our team. This individual should be able to demonstrate proficiency in audio/sound effects production and implementation. This candidate will work within the Audioworks team and must have the ability to contribute in various other areas of game development (i.e. Animation, Design, Production) to push the quality bar for game audio. The ideal candidate will have a passion for video games, with a drive to create a world class audio experience. They must be a strong problem-solver and a solid communicator with sound creation skills.
What a Junior Audio Artist does at EA:
– Clear communication with Audioworks team members at all levels
– Sound design, music editing and/or speech editing
– Audio implementation
– Participate in quality control review of project(s)
The next great Junior Audio Artist also needs:
– Minimum of two years audio experience – University degree or college diploma desirable
– Has some experience using game development tools, technology and pipelines
– Is familiar with modern audio creation equipment, software and recording techniques, with a high level of proficiency in at least one DAW
– Solid knowledge of PC and windows systems
– Demonstratable sound design and listening skills
– Strong communication and problem solving skills
– Good creative and technical thinker
– Works well as part of a team
– Skilled in the area of technical implementation of game audio
– Strong artistic and creative sensibilities
– Strong English communication skills
…and, in general, the potential to sweep us off our feet!
Company: Riot Games
Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
As a VO Designer, your technical and creative audio skills will combine to bring life to the broad range of characters and experiences in our games. Joining efforts with a multi-disciplinary team, you’ll help drive projects from their inception. Using a deep understanding of sound design and implementation as it relates to voiceover, will help you craft new and engaging VO for League of Legends. As a member of the audio discipline, you’ll strive to find ways to teach and level up those around you while continuing to challenge and grow yourself.
• A skilled audio designer who knows the nuances of sculpting a game’s sonic experience.
• Experienced when it comes to game audio implementation using an audio middleware
• Able to give and receive feedback in a way that helps improve yourself and those around you
• Passionate about the vital role that VO has on the depth and feel of games.
• Edit & bug fix VO for champions & skins
• Regularly interface and provide feedback to external vendors
• Experiment with processing recipes for champs/skins
• Design the voice identity of champs/skins
• Integrate VO in Audiokinetic Wwise
• Work with Narrative and Audio to integrate VO in game
• Prepare LOC kits to send to regions for Localization
• Process foreign languages
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.