We came across interesting new jobs at Sandbox VR, Sharkmob, Jumpship, and Twitch – and they’re looking for a Sound Designer (Singapore), Sound Designer (Sweden), Audio Programmer (UK), and Music Software Development Manager (CA, US).
We also found openings for an Audio Director at EA Austin (TX, US), Voice Over Designer at EA Dice (Sweden), Audio Implementer at Sucker Punch (WA, US), and Music Licensing Specialist and Audio Designer at Ubisoft Shanghai (SH, China).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for a Sound Designer at Valve (WA, US), Freelance Audio Engineer at PTW/SIDE London (UK), Music Producer Assistant at Wild Vision Media (Serbia), Re-Recording Mixer at Riot Games (CA, US), Audio Development Support at Rockstar India (KA, India), and Broadcast Equipment Rental Attendant at Hotcam TV (UK). Happy job hunting!
Company: Sandbox VR
Location: Singapore, Singapore
Who are we?
We’re Sandbox VR, and we’re the most advanced virtual reality experience in the world. Inside our rooms, we take you on thrilling adventures and transform you into new characters. Our experience is like the movies, except you’re actually with your friends inside the movie.
Our team is comprised of successful start-up veterans with deep experience in VR, gaming, technology and hospitality. We’re funded by leading global tech investors including Andreessen Horowitz and Alibaba.
Since we launched in 2017, we’re now live in 6 locations and 4 countries around the world (4.5 stars on Yelp, and the #1 Activity in Hong Kong and Singapore on TripAdvisor), and we’re quickly expanding.
What you’ll be doing
You will be responsible for the sound effects, mixing, VO management and music integration for all of our VR experiences and work with our Audio Director and engineers to create incredible audio which immerses our guests even deeper into our VR experiences. If it sounds exciting to work with cutting edge technology and make your mark on the VR industry, this might be the right role for you!
Sound Designing, Editing and Mixing – Your main focus is creating the audio for our experiences. You will create top-quality sound assets which immerse the player into the experience and provide excellent gameplay feedback. You will integrate the sound assets into the game and be responsible for the sound mix in order to create compelling audio for each experience. You will work together with directors to gain a strong understanding of the mechanics, narrative, and visuals so that you can design audio which benefits each experience.
Voice Overs – You are also going to be responsible for casting Voice Over talent, sourcing external studios, directing Voice Over recording sessions, editing and mastering the voice recordings and implementing these recordings into each experience. You will also be called upon to assist with voice localization.
Inventing and Collaborating – At Sandbox VR we are pushing VR technology to the next level and we believe audio is going to be a big part of that. Every day we are forging new ground and doing things that have never been done before. You will use your skill-set and work together with programmers to experiment with new techniques and ideas for how to use audio in our VR experiences. You also determine the best third-party audio plugins and tools to use with our unique technology.
Who We Are Looking For
- A Sound Professional – You insist on the highest quality audio, your sound design is powerful and emotive, you are a pro at mixing and mastering techniques and are a natural at using audio plugins.
- Tech Savvy – You are a creative first, but you have a strong understanding of the technical side of sound design and can use various tools to achieve the best results. You will need to understand spatial audio and use tools to make your sounds feel like they come from identifiable positions in 3D. If you can program or script effectively, this is also a plus.
- Risk Mitigation – You proactively foresee issues and needs before they occur so you can plan ahead strategically and ensure the final delivery of sound assets/mix/voice is of the highest quality.
- Organized – You work efficiently and are meticulous about keeping files well-organized and consistent with naming conventions.
- Good Communicator – Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be self-driven, a team player and have a willingness to learn.
- Game Audio Middleware Experience – You are experienced with Wwise or Fmod.
- Solution-Oriented – You are resourceful, a creative problem solver and who can use your skills and experience to solve issues with existing sound assets, or find ways to record sounds as needed.
How You Can Really Impress Us
- If you have composed music for games or other media
- Unity experience
- Experience with version control such as Git
- If exploring possibilities of VR Audio technology is exciting for you and you’re eager to use your skills to push this industry forward. If you have given talks at games/VR industry shows or written articles about your craft, this is a great way you can demonstrate your understanding to us.
- If you’ve already had the chance to work on VR projects, either professionally or as a hobby, even better.
How To Apply
If you’re interested in this role, please apply here. We’d like to see at least a CV or LinkedIn, and a short cover letter/email/blurb on why you are the right fit for us along with a demo reel of your sound design work.
Location: Malmö, Sweden
ATTENTION GAME SOUND DESIGNERS
We are looking for a sound designer to join our audio team at Sharkmob early next year. If you are a talented game sound designer, looking for interesting projects to work on now is your chance to get a head start before the position is put online.
Let our HR department know about you and tell us what you have to offer Sharkmob. The position is going to be an in-house position in our studio in Malmö, Sweden. We are using Wwise and Unreal to implement the audio we create.
You can read about Sharkmob here – www.sharkmob.com. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or write directly to email@example.com.
Location: Guildford, UK
As our audio programmer you will be working closely with the audio director to review, improve, identify and build new tools and systems to intensify the player experience. You’ll also be improving the workflow for implementing audio in the engine with the goal of ensuring that we deliver on our ambition of an immersive and interactive aural experience.
Excellent knowledge of audio middleware such as wwise or Fmod.
Excellent knowledge of programming language such as C# or C++
Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
Technical knowledge and understanding of audio creation and implementation
Ability to manage your own time and work proactively
Able to adapt to new technologies and technical challenges
Experience of full game cycle development in a similar role
Experience of implementing audio in game
Experience with relevant tools for implementing audio within Unity
We see this as a mid-level role, although your creativity and skills are more important than the number of games you have released.
Work with our game director and audio director to identify requirements and act upon
Write code that is based on high standards of readability, reliability, maintainability and performance
Implement audio based upon the vision for the game
Create, maintain and review workflows, tools and pipelines, leading by example
Analyse, troubleshoot and solve audio related technical challenges
Create quick prototypes to test ideas
Work alongside a small friendly and flexible team
Opportunity to participate in an innovative new game
Located close to Guildford station
If you feel this job post describes you, feel free to email us your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.About the Position
We’re building the future of Music on Twitch. We support music creators by building tools and services to allow them to grow and engage their communities, and help them to share their talents with the world. From supporting Twitch Sings , our first ever video game, to building exciting but currently unannounced projects, your team will be building amazing products to make sure that our broadcasters and their communities are having a great time together. We partner with almost every group at Twitch to ensure we leverage all our strengths as a company, and are always live, interactive, entertainment. Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, feel strong ownership, and have a consistent track record of delivery.Responsibilities
- Develop roadmap and long term technical vision for the music platform
- Identify and execute opportunities to improve operational excellence of the team
- Represent your team in engineering, design, and product discussions with other teams
- Influence product strategy and drive alignment when working with multiple stakeholders
- Increase development velocity while maintaining a high bar for quality
- Grow the Music Engineering team by hiring exceptional engineers
- Manage the careers of the engineers on your team and ensure their continued growth and development
- 6+ years professional software development experience
- 4+ years experience as an engineering manager, managing both backend/fullstack and client engineers
- Experience shipping user-facing products
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Experience collaborating with product managers, designers, and other engineering leaders in cross-functional groups
- Experience leading development cycle processes and best practices
- Experience shipping and managing a native client application (Windows/Mac/mobile)
- Familiarity with scheduling and ticket management tools such as JIRA
- Strong familiarity with the AWS ecosystem
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.