We came across interesting new jobs at Wargaming, Twickenham Studios, and Funcom – and they’re looking for an Audio Designer (Ukraine), Senior Mix Engineer (England), and Audio Designer (Norway).
We also found openings for a Technical Audio Designer (music) at Remedy Games (Finland), Senior Audio Programmer at Playground Games (England), Lead Audio Programmer at Playground Games (England), Audio Programmer at Playground Games (England), Senior Sound Designer at People Can Fly (Poland), AirPlay Audio Engineer at Apple (CA, US), Audio DSP Engineer at Mimi (Germany), Technical Director at Minnesota Public Radio (MN, US), Audio Editor at Wall Street Journal (NY, US), Staff DSP Audio Engineer at Vocera Communications (CA, US), Associate Audio Engineer at Findaway (OH, US), Audio Engineer at Lancesoft, Inc. (GA, US), Senior Sound Designer at Creative Assembly (Bulgaria), Sound Technology Content Creation Intern at Dolby Labs (CA, US), Dialogue Designer at Remedy (Finland), Senior Sound Designer at Cloud Imperium Games (England), Game Audio Designer at Perfect World Co, Ltd. (SC, China), Audio Director at NxT Level (CA, US). and Sound Designer openings at Promoshin in Mexico, Argentina, Brazil and Colombia. Happy job hunting!
Highlight – sound stories this week: Instantly get 6+ GB of extra sound effects with ANY order – thanks to Edible Audio & Craig Carter Collection. Listen to A Sound Effect’s 9th episode with award-winning composer Jesper Kyd on making the stunning Assassin’s Creed Valhalla score and Jason Cushing on shaping the sound of SoundMorph. Discover 12 sound effects libraries that made a big impact in the sound community this year. Emmy-winning supervising sound editor Walter Newman talks about creating The Right Stuff’s 1960s era-authentic-and-NASA-approved sound. Hear some of the excellent new sound effects libraries from the sound community here.
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Wargaming Kyiv is looking for an experienced Audio Designer to assist with the next big PC/Console free-to-play Vehicle Shooter title using Unreal Engine 4.What will you do?
- Create a concept, content and implement the work through audio middleware and game engine;
- Iterate, improve and create audio systems and mix;
- Collaborate with other teams to develop, plan, and execute audio features that define cutting edge audio quality to our players;
- Proven track record on high-quality audio design and implementation skills with Wwise/FMOD;
- Basic experience of working with Unreal Engine 4;
- Working knowledge of game development cycle, proficiency with standard game development tools, and source control;
- Advanced expertise with standard audio creation software, e.g., REAPER, Cubase, Vegas Pro, Izotope RX, etc;
- Positive, solution-orientated, and independent approach to work;
- Passion for audio production and sound design in all types of media;
- Understanding of the principles of acoustics, psychoacoustics, and mixing;
- Understanding audio synthesis;
- Musical talent;
- Experience in narrative and fast-paced action games;
- Formal education in a relevant field, e.g., audio engineering, game design, etc.
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!
Company: Twickenham Studios
Location: London, England
Check out the jobs description on Grapevine Jobs here.
Company: People Can Fly
Location: Warsaw, Poland
People Can Fly is one of the leading and most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the world. We took off in 2002 and since then, we have never slowed down. We made our mark on the action-shooter genre, developing titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, and Gears of War: Judgement. After being part of the Epic Games family, our desire to stay free and create on our own terms eventually made us independent.
Over the years our studio has grown from 40 to nearly 300 people, whom we affectionately call ‘aviators’, located across the globe. You’ll now find us not only in Poland but also in the United Kingdom, the United States, and Canada. Our world-class creative teams are currently working on two exciting AAA projects – Outriders and a brand new action-adventure title.
We make great games and this is why freedom and ownership stay at the center of everything we do. We make sure that our culture stays informal, whilst direct communication and a quick decision-making process really matter. As a PCF aviator, you’ll have a real impact on the games we’re working on. You’ll also receive access to our solid know-how, creative resources, and constructive feedback at every stage of development. We want to embrace your contribution!
This is a unique moment in our history. Take flight on this amazing journey with us and become a part of something truly special!Job Description
- Creating sound effects using custom recordings and library material to generate original audio
- Designing, creating, editing, converting, implementing, and managing large volumes of audio content
- Responsibility for several audio sub-disciplines (e.g. Environmental audio, physics audio, etc.) Creative autonomy around these areas shall be given to the candidate
- Meeting production deadlines and schedules.
- Performing field recording and foley if needed.
- Responsibility for the audio output of the studio, acting as an audio resource for all media that need sound work
- Production of linear audio for cinematics and promotional material
- Audio play-testing (on target platforms) and audio quality assurance.
- Identifying, prioritizing, reporting, and resolving audio bugs/issues
- At least 2 years of games industry experience
- Shipped AAA title experience is strongly recommended, but not a must
- Knowledge of recording techniques, foley sound creation, and on-location recording.
- Experience using core UE4 audio implementation solutions such as Blueprints logic; the SoundCue editor; the Sound Class and Passive Sound Mix system; the Map Editor; the Animations Editor, etc. You are comfortable editing map geometry in UE4, adding Ambient Actors, Audio Volumes, etc.
- Knowledge of middleware solutions such as Wwise
- High level of familiarity with audio software such as Reaper, Nuendo, Sound Forge, Wavelab various plugins to produce solid, cutting edge sound design.
- Experience working on X360/Xbox One/PS3/PS4 platforms.
- Working knowledge of Perforce, JIRA, Agile methodology
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Open-minded team player attitude
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated
- Passionate about playing and making video games
- Ability to play on any instrument
- Basic skills in music composition
- A competitive salary and performance-based bonuses
- Personal development opportunities and the possibility to work in a multicultural environment
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do
- Private health care including dental treatment & MultiSport card
- Business trips and integration events
- Comprehensive assistance in relocation
- Fresh fruits, snacks, and beverages for everyone in the office
- Free library with a wide range of games and books
- In-company English language classes and Polish lessons for foreigners
- An informal atmosphere, no dress code, no unwanted formalities
Location: Oslo, Norway
From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey and the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to brutal survival in Conan Exiles, our 27-year history has set us uniquely up for a journey to the harsh planet of Dune.
Funcom is currently working on pre-production of a new open-world multiplayer game using the Dune IP from Legendary Entertainment as well as in the ongoing development and maintenance of our released survival game Conan Exiles.
Now, our team in the Nordic region needs an Audio Designer to help create compelling and immersive content together with the rest of the audio and dev teams! In this role, you will be tasked with creating, designing and editing enhancing, high quality audio content and in-game implementation in accordance with each project’s design goals.
As successful Audio Designer in Funcom has not only an excellent ear for details and a strong creative drive, but also well-rounded experience in all aspects of audio design and production.We are looking for someone that has:
- 3+ years of experience as an Audio Designer in game development
- At least one shipped AAA title as Audio Designer or involvement in a minimum of 2 complete project cycles as a professional sound designer in the industry
- A portfolio/showreel of high-quality creative audio design and implementation samples
- Proficiency with Audiokinetic’s Wwise and advanced experience with standard audio software such as Nuendo, REAPER, Pro Tools and Izotope
- General understanding of Unreal Engine.
- Solid recording skills for SFX and Foley in studio and external environments
- Good knowledge of audio implementation for online games and surround mixing techniques
The Funcom Oslo studio is a professional working environment with an international work culture, close to 100 people from close to 30 different nationalities in one of the happiest countries in the world.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values (check out our company values and history). For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio.This is what successful Funcom employees have in common:
- They identify with, and embrace, our company values
- They have good written and oral communication skills in English
- They have a passion for games and your profession
- They are able to work independently and to be self-directing
Working at Funcom Oslo offers a flexible 37.5h/week working schedule, relocation assistance, pension plan, healthcare package, social Fridays, free access to gym, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games!