We came across 4 interesting jobs at Frontier, Skywalker Sound, Amazon, and Nine Realms – and they’re looking for a Senior Audio QA Tester, Immersive Technical Sound Designer, Technical Sound Designer, and Sound Designer.
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for a Sound Designer at Hi-Rez, Intern Sound Designer at Lantana Games, Technical Sound Designer at Hexany Audio, a Freelance Sound Designer at Elevation, an Audio Director at
PlayStation, and a Graduate Audio QA Tester at Frontier Developments. Happy job hunting!
Company: Frontier Developments
Location: Cambridge, UK
High quality internal QA testing is something we focus on in all our games. Testers have a key role in our developments, and will work closely with art, design and programming colleagues on a game project.
We are seeking technically minded communicators who are looking to challenge themselves in a role that includes both working as part of a team, as well as on individual assignments. If you have strong technical knowledge of the leading consoles and PC, an interest in audio and a great pair of ears with a passion for games and game-play, we’d love to hear from you! Successful candidates will play test, destructively test, regress, create test suites, generate reports and provide general game feedback to aid the internal Audio and Development Teams. This role also involves managing a small team of QA Audio testers.
Note that this is a QA role. We cannot guarantee as such that it will lead to progression to an audio role within the development team.
• Managing and assisting QA Audio colleagues
• Maintaining, running and creating test suites for both new and existing projects
• Finding and reporting issues in a clear and accurate manner
• Regressing both internal and external issues
• Completing ad-hoc requests made to the QA team
• Providing support to Audio developers as needed
• Inquisitive and technical mind
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast changing environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Pro-active and self-motivated attitude
• Creative thinker
• Minimum 2 years QA experience
• Computer literate
• Proven logical and methodical approach to problem solving
• Track record of working well within a team
• Knowledge of JIRA and Test Rail
• Video game enthusiast
• Wwise experience
• Strong technical knowledge of the leading consoles and PC
• Games or software industry experience
• Degree qualified
Closing Date: 25 September 2018
Company: Skywalker Sound
Location: Nicasio, CA, USA
The pulsating hum of a lightsaber. The thunderous footsteps of a stalking Tyrannosaurus Rex. The awesome roar of Star-Lord’s Milano. For more than a generation, Skywalker Sound has created soundscapes that have redefined aural immersion. With origins based in Ben Burtt’s landmark work on 1977’s Star Wars, Skywalker Sound specializes in sound design, mixing, and audio production across multiple mediums. From the gathering of real-life, organic sounds to developing new techniques in sound presentation, Skywalker Sound remains one of the world’s most innovative facilities — eager to explore, create, and venture into the unknown.
The Skywalker Sound spatial audio team designs and implements immersive audio experiences using techniques that advance the state of the art in the new realities (VR, AR, MR, hyper-reality). The team works closely with multiple clients and development partners to identify, develop, and support technology solutions, workflows and interfaces for immersive media. The team ensures that all interactive audio content is held to the same brand standards as Skywalker Sound’s cinematic film experiences.
• 8+ week on-site contract technical audio designer
• Implement spatial audio in Unreal Engine and Audiokinetic Wwise for interactive VR
• Unreal Engine
• Audiokinetic Wwise
• Spatial audio plugins including Oculus Audio, Steam Audio, or Google Resonance, etc.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interact with diverse personalities
• Strong time management skills; ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Proven ability to work autonomously and in team settings with a positive, proactive attitude
• 3-5 shipped titles including at least one AAA FPS and/or interactive VR experience
• C++ for UE4
• Wwise interactive music systems
• Avid Pro Tools
• Unrestricted work authorization
• Ability to provide own relocation, housing, and transportation
• Position is located near San Rafael, CA and includes regular travel to San Francisco, CA
Company: Amazon Game Studios
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
If you share our belief that games will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art, come join us. At Amazon Game Studios, you’ll have the power of Amazon Web Services’ cloud, Twitch, Amazon eCommerce, and our digital and physical media publishing infrastructure available as raw material to forge a future filled with amazing experiences for players, streamers and creators.
We believe that audio in games tells stories and directly influences deep emotional engagement. Amazon Game Studios is looking for a Sound Designer with very strong technical skills to create and integrate the game’s audio. You will raise the bar for the quality and originality of audio at Amazon Game Studios. You will be an acknowledged expert in sound implementation, and demonstrated ability in sound design and voice over production.
• Implement audio assets in WWISE and Lumberyard, interacting with other game systems editors and CMS, writing scripts as needed.
• Create sound effects, and voice over
• Work with the audio director to support the vision and direction for the audio in the game
• Drive high quality standard for audio throughout the game experience
• Build relationships and manage asset workflow with the rest of the team and external sound vendors
• Innovate and drive new audio features for the game and Lumberyard engine
• Shipped 2+ games as Sound Designer
• 2+ years expertise with Audiokinetic’s WWISE
• 2+ years providing technical implementation for the audio team
• Scripting experience in Lua, XML and visual scripting tools
Company: Nine Realms
Location: Madison, WI, USA
Sound Designer needed in Madison WI:
• Create and implement in-game audio content (sound effects, background, music, dialogue, and foley)
• Conduct sound effects, foley and dialogues recording session to gather resources for audio production
• Mix in stereo/surround-sound format for music and cinematic video content
• Utilize ‘Building Block Digital Signal Processing’ software, such as Max/MSP and Reaktor, for creating unique and iconic audio content
• Operate Digital Audio Workstation, such as Pro-Tools and Nuendo, for editing and conforming sound-to-picture
• Test and debug in-game audio; etc.
• Associate degree or equivalent required
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Mail resume to Nine Realms Inc, 1741 Commercial Ave, Suite 200, Madison WI 53704