We came across 4 interesting jobs at KingsIsle, Virtuous, Playful Corp, and EA Sports – and they’re looking for a Sound Designer, Junior Sound Designer, Audio Producer, and Audio Artist. Happy job hunting!
Location: Round Rock, TX, USA
KingsIsle Entertainment is currently looking for a Sound Designer to help develop exciting new family-focused video games for mobile and tablet devices. We are the creators of the popular and critically acclaimed Wizard101 and Pirate101, which together have garnered over 50 Million registered players to date, and are two of the fastest growing websites in the U.S. This is an opportunity to be a part of a rapidly growing and highly successful entertainment company.
• Create, implement, and manage various types of sound effects
• Edit, process, manage, and implement dialog
• Work individually and collectively with an experienced team of sound designers in a • creative and fast-paced environment
• Associate’s Degree in a related field
• 3+ years experience in game industry
• Firm understanding of audio design principles and processing techniques
• Working knowledge of a Digital Audio Workstation such as Reaper or Pro Tools
• Creative and inventive with the use source material
• Good communication and problem solving skills
• Able to learn, iterate, and be flexible
• Ability to contribute to and work within schedules that are assigned
• Experience in creating magical, combat, vocal, sci-fi, and environmental sound effects
• Experience working in a game editor
• Mobile device/MMO game experience
• Orchestral composition and arrangement skills
• Experience with dialog editing and field recording
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
• Please make sure that the durations of your education and employment on your resume are included in month/year format
• Salaries will be commensurate with experience
• Applicants must be legally able to work in the U.S. for KingsIsle
Company: Virtuous Games
Location: Shanghai, China
Virtuos is the number one choice for talent in the digital entertainment industry in China, provinding our employees an opportunity to work on the biggest games and movies in the world.
• Conceptualize, schedule, design, and produce high quality audio assets in accordance with the requirement of the projects
• Record and create the audio sample according to the requirement of the projects
• Optimize the audio post-production to meet the requirement of the projects
• Work with team members to integrate and adjust the audio assets
• Professional quality audio production and all related acoustics technologies
• Passionate about game development
• Mastered the audio software, e.g. Sony Sound Forge, Avid ProTools
• Team player, Good communication skill
• 1 year sound design experience in game industry preferred
• Good English ability preferred
Company: Playful Corp
Location: McKinney, TX, USA
Will you be part of our adventure? We are looking for enthusiastic team members who take pride in what they do. We want people who have great ideas and want to be heard, people who think no job is too big or too small, people who feel the team spirit and want to excel! Does this sound like you?
We are currently seeking a joyful and inspired Senior Game Audio Producer to join Playful. The Audio Producer will be an essential leader of the Playful Corp audio team, heading up process and organization to ensure delivery of outstanding experiences that are on time, on budget, and in the Playful Corp. way – joyful and creatively inspired! A true team player, s/he will work in close collaboration with and across each of the Playful Corp game teams and disciplines, building the communicative and logistical connections essential for inspired game audio. S/he will also act as point-person with 3rd party vendors, overseeing contracts for sound design, voice-over, and music composition with a variety of highly talented artists and producers. S/he will be a master of the art of collaboration and will be capable of supporting and activating teams and team members in a productive, positive way.
• Be the point person for tracking and planning to deliver audio content for the ongoing needs of the Playful game teams.
• Work in close collaboration with the Playful audio team, each game team’s creative and production teams, as well as 3rd party vendors through the entire project life cycle: creative development, budgeting, talent research, contract engagement, asset and implementation planning, and final project execution.
• Develop and maintain detailed project audio budgets of $500,000+
• Generate, manage and execute on contracts with external audio talent (sound designers, musicians, voice production houses, etc.).
• Generate production materials for internal and external audio productions, fe. VO session scripts, sound design video capture, gameplay demos for composers, etc.
• Facilitate communication across internal teams and external publishers and vendors.
• Be proactive, managing projects through regular status updates with teams to recognize
dependencies, risks, and issues and escalate them, as needed, toward resolution.
• Be responsible for all project documentation, tracking, organization, and follow-through for internal resources and external clients/partners.
• Assess and improve audio production processes during and after project.
The Candidate must be:
• Well-versed in the core principles of producing: communication, organization, planning and execution.
• Passionate about audio, production optimization, and engaging with creatives and talent across all game disciplines.
• A detail-oriented process driven planner with the ability to multi-task across numerous
simultaneous projects, meet deadlines, manage upwards and downwards.
• Able to balance multiple projects and tasks independently.
Skills and Experience:
• 4+ years in production, project management, production management, or related production role.
• Significant knowledge of audio production pipelines.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven, successful experience working in a game development environment, working on multiple deadline and deliverable-driven projects from concept to completion.
Company: EA Sports
Location: Orlando, FL, USA
AudioWorks is an award winning audio team creating audio assets for titles within EA STUDIOS. Through uniting our creative talents and technical expertise, Audioworks is driving industry leading audio through partnership, professionalism, expertise, innovation and uncompromising quality.
We are looking for an experienced Audio Artist who can make an immediate contribution to all aspects of audio development within the EA Sports Audioworks team. The successful candidate must be able to own audio specific project(s), with the goal of creating a quality audio experience.
• Will work within the Audioworks team and must have the ability to collaborate with all other aspects of game development (i.e. Art, Animation, Engineering, Design, Production, Marketing) to push the quality bar for game audio. The ideal candidate will have a passion for sports video games, with an overwhelming drive to create a world class audio experience. They must be a strong problem-solver and an effective communicator with broad game-creation and sound creation skills. Specific tasks include:
• Submitting final audio files on or before required deadlines
• Tuning of interactive elements in regards to audio (such as XML files)
• Quality control review for the projects audio (pre-CQC) on all applicable platforms
• Speech editing, naming and file organization
• Take direction from the Audio Director on a project, but own the quality of your work
Required Skills and Experience:
• Minimum 2 years studio engineering / recording experience (or equivalent)
• Knowledgeable of Excel, MS Access, and / or SQL preferred.
• Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
• Solid experience using audio development tools, technology and pipelines
• Experience with modern audio creation equipment, software and recording techniques, with a high level of proficiency in at least one DAW
• Strong communication skills
• Preferred skills in the area of technical implementation of game audio
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports videogames, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, NCAA® Football, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® golf, SSX, and EA SPORTS UFC. For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.com.