We came across interesting jobs at Activision, Digital Extremes, Team 17, and Picture Head – and they’re looking for an Audio Specialist, Sound Designer, Audio Engineer, and Audio Mixer.
Happy job hunting!
Location: Dublin, Ireland
The successful candidate will work with the Localisation project management team, to create, implement and drive the Audio Localisation file management and technical quality process.
• Work with Development audio studios to find ways to improve Localisation workflow
• Assist in the planning and execution of large scale Localisation recording sessions
• Support Localisation Studios in regards to equipment and software installs, updates and technical issues
• Help establish objective audio quality standards
• Manage voice over assets using internal tools for the entire game
• Track all aspects of the Localisation Audio from receipts of script to game
• Receive and organise external Voice Deliveries
• Communicate with the Dev Studio, Localisation Team, Localisation QA, Vendors Studios on VO needs and status
• Ensure each line of dialog is properly mastered and tracked for any post effects.
• Work with internal QA to identify dialog related issues.
• Identify any other Audio process and quality related issues and raise them with the appropriate teams
• Supervise junior team members as required
Qualifications / Training/ Experience (appropriate to the job):
• Minimum of 2 years’ previous experience in a similar role within the video game or entertainment industry
• A relevant audio third level qualification is required
• Knowledge of current sound practices and techniques with a deep understanding of audio design principles and processing techniques
• Proficiency in the use of popular DAWs, such as Pro Tools, Reaper and Sound Forge
• Knowledge of Dialogue, music and sound effects editing
• Familiarity with mixing principles
• Experience working with and knowledge of game consoles and handheld platforms would be beneficial but not essential
• Understanding of the principles of loudness measurement and international standards
• Knowledge of the use of microphones and portable sound recording devices
• Familiarity with DSP processing chains and batch processes
• Proficiency in technical problem solving
• Proficient skills with PC, Mac and Microsoft office products
• Good communication/documentation/organisational skills, including facilitating communication across internal teams and external publishers and vendors
• Be proactive, organised, and have the ability to multitask, able to manage projects through regular status updates with teams to recognize dependencies, risks, and issues and escalate them, as needed, toward resolution
• Personal Attributes (appropriate to the job)
• Full commitment to the position
• Should be able to handle various pressure situations and workload through proper work balance, prioritisation and delegation
• Adherence to deadlines
• ‘Have done, can do, will do’ approach
• Ability to deal and liaise with colleagues at all levels within Activision
• Pragmatic thinker, not afraid to work outside the box
• Hands on involvement
• Able to work on own initiative
Company: Digital Extremes
Location: London, ON, Canada
Full Time Location: London, Ontario
Min Experience: 2 Years minimum in an audio related field
Salary: $56,000 – $85,000 CAD
• Create engaging and detailed sound design for various elements of the game. This includes sound design for levels, A.I., weapons, U.I, cinematics, animations, marketing, and other gameplay events. Must be comfortable creating sound design under the direction of Senior Sound Designers and Audio Director
• Implement sound design and other audio into the game engine
• Record Foley and gather field recordings for use in our games
• Record, design, and edit voices and voice overs for use in our games
• Find and fix audio related bugs
• Maintain a familiarity with basic lua scripting
• Maintain an appropriate game audio mix at all times, on all platforms (PC, PS4, Xbox One)
• Thrive in a small-knit team of passionate audio professionals
• Passion for world-class audio
• Maintain audio program skill set with regards to current industry standards (Pro Tools, Reaper, etc.)
• A portfolio that demonstrates excellent sound design skills
• Above average ability to create sound design for a state of the art next-gen game engine
• At least 2 years’ experience in an audio related field
• Background in sound design for video games a plus
• Possess exemplary oral and written communication skills
• Comfortable working in both Mac and PC environments
Company: Team 17
Location: Wakefield, UK
This is a great opportunity to join the UK’s most exciting, award winning developer and games label, Team17 in brand new role – created due to the huge growth we have undergone within the past 12-18 months. We’re looking for a Professional Audio Engineer to join our Wakefield development team as a composer/sound designer, focusing on linear and nonlinear music composition, sound design and audio implementation. Who could pass on the opportunity to work with the developer/publisher behind titles such as Worms, The Escapists, Overcooked, Yooka-Laylee and so much more!
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Delivering world-class audio across all of Team17’s high profile titles.
• Composing exceptional and original soundtracks that not only complement Team17’s titles but also boost quality.
• Creating high quality audio assets including fieldwork where necessary.
• Organising, managing and recording VO sessions.
• Working alongside enthusiastic designers to assist in the design of any audible aspects of a project.
• Implementing sounds in to a variety of middleware’s and game engines.
• Profiling and mixing in-game audio assets to a commercial, release standard.
• Taking audio requirements and turning them into written documents, spoken instruction or concept examples into viable production audio assets within a given specification.
• Candidates must have 2+ years in a similar role and be able to demonstrate the following experience, skills and characteristics:
• Previous experience creating, mixing and integrating audio for games.
• Technically proficient with software and hardware used in creation of all required audio assets.
• Proficient with Wwise and/or FMOD middleware.
• An experienced Cubase user.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent knowledge as a musician and/or composer including knowledge of field/studio recording.
• Outstanding attention to detail and proactive problem solver.
• A grounding in music theory.
• The ability to play a musical instrument.
• A strong “in the box” composer with a flair for creating emotive scores.
• Have a highly organised approach to working in a team and alone.
• Be enthusiastic and quick to learn/apply new creative techniques and technology.
• Be able to provide a showreel showcasing 5 or more music composition tracks from a variety of genres.
• Be able to showcase the ability to create real sounding compositions using virtual instrumentation.
• Provide multiple sound design examples including sound to picture and gameplay work.
How to apply:
• Send us your CV
• Provide a showreel showcasing 5 or more music composition tracks from a variety of genres including the ability to create real sounding compositions using virtual instrumentation
• Provide multiple sound design examples including sound to picture and gameplay work.
• Highly competitive salary plus excellent benefits package
Company: Picture Head
Location: West Hollywood, CA, USA
Responsible for editing, mixing, and designing the audio content of television and radio spots, trailers, promos, and other short form marketing materials in the post production process, from the client’s Offline version to the finished Online product.
• Mixes, edits, and designs sound for audio spots for Trailers, TV/Radio spots, internet content and other assorted marketing materials
• Performs audio finishing for 5.1 and Stereo environments
• Works closely with clients and in-house Post Production Supervisors throughout the finishing process
• Delivers client presentations for approval
• Masters to final video tape and/or creates files of final mix elements
• Tracks and inputs billable and non-billable hours into Company billing system, Xytech
• Explicit knowledge of the Company’s business and operations at a post production facility
• Intimate knowledge of tape and digital file formats
• Expert knowledge of all audio formats and terms
• Experience with mixing consoles and mixing control surfaces
• Must be able to multi-task and deliver an accurate project efficiently and promptly under a tight deadline
• Solid background in a post production facility. At least 5 years professional Avid Pro Tools experience, other editing platforms a plus. Macintosh computer skills required.
Certificates and Licenses Required:
• General office setting; no special requirements.