The Windows Experiences Central Creative Team is seeking an experienced Senior Sound Designer for Microsoft’s internal development team – here are the details:
Location: Redmond, WA, United States
Senior Sound Designer
Here at Microsoft, we are impacting the world in beneficial ways each and every day. How often can you say that you are truly revolutionizing anything and really mean it?
The Windows Experiences Central Creative Team is seeking an experienced, motivated Senior Sound Designer for our Microsoft internal development team. This position requires general experience in all aspects of sound design, voice, music, implementation, mixing and memory management as well as at least one proven audio expertise / specialization. You will have a good balance between the creative and technical aspects of interactive audio and be able to lead by example with both design and implementation.
You’ll play well with others. This is a team environment with cross-disciplinary dependencies. The senior sound designer must competently represent the overall audio experience to both his non-audio teammates and to the studio audio team.
You’ll handle ambiguity like a champion. The team needs adaptive and innovative candidates who can bring audio answers to big questions.
You’ll have the ability to create high quality audio experiences and understand the unique approach of designing sound for an interactive environment.
You’ll be self-motivated & when left on your own and can come up with results that increase the quality & efficiency of the audio department as well as his project.
– 3 years game audio experience
– 2 shipped titles
– Proficiency / area of ownership within shipped products
– Experience with DAWs (understanding of signal flow, plug-ins, sound design techniques, mixing & mastering)
– Experience in recording (microphone techniques, recording techniques, processing & editing)
– Understanding of audio implementation and scripting
– Experience in file management (naming conventions, batch processing, memory profiling & debug spew analysis)
– Expertise in written & verbal communication (word, excel, powerpoint, etc)
– Previous non-gaming audio experience
– Coding or advanced math understanding (C, C++, HTML, trigonometry, vector math, etc.)
– College degree (audio related)
– Musical knowledge / instrument proficiency
We value diversity at Microsoft. Maximizing the contribution of every individual allows us to infuse diverse thought as a natural part of the way we innovate.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.