Location: Boston, MA, United States
Please attach or include a link to your portfolio or audio work!! This is REQUIRED and we will not consider your application without one.
Jibo, Inc., one of the hottest startups in Boston, is looking for an experienced creative audio engineer to own the creative development and production of ‘Jibo’s voice”. In this role, you’ll work with the Robot Design Team to consolidate synthesized speech, pre-recorded prompts, filters and sound effects and create a cohesive voice that end users will experience and love.
You should be passionate about crafting sounds that are simple and strongly evocative of character and emotion. You should have experience with hands on sound design and mixing, as well as a strong aesthetic sensibility. And you should have the ability and desire to translate established character attributes into an interactive audio experience.
This is a once in a career opportunity to design a revolutionary product the world has yet to see.
– B.A. in film score, sound design, sound engineering or a related field
– 5-7 years professional audio engineering experience
– An excellent reel/portfolio that showcases delightful and stunning sonic experiences
– Have shipped at least one feature film, TV show, or AAA game as principal sound designer
– Ability to translate complex ideas and personality traits into a cohesive audio experience
– Self-starter and self-motivated, able to work independently, and can balance multiple project elements under minimal supervision
– Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and ability to present ideas and concepts to individuals and teams
– Like to think big but also sweat the small stuff
– Must live or be willing to relocate to the Boston area
– Music composition and scoring abilities
– Experience crafting TTS voices
– Experience sound designing hardware/IOT device or robots
– Creative scriptwriting and character development skills