We came across interesting new jobs at Playground Games, Dolby, Midnight Society, and Meta – and they’re looking for an Audio Designer (England), Next-Gen Audio Player Intern (Poland), Audio Designer (Remote), and Sound Studio Apprentice (CA, US).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs Facebook and LinkedIn groups also have opportunities for a Senior Audio Designer at Sharkmob (Sweden), Audio Editor at Deluxe (CA, US), Lead Sound Designer at Creative Assembly Horsham (England), Project Manager & Release Coordinator at Gravitas Recording (Remote), Technical Sound Designer at Ubisoft Paris (France), Audio Programmer at Frontier Developments (England), Sound Editor at Molinare (England), Mid Level Sound Designer and Audio Product Manager at Fisker Inc, Advanced Game Sound Designer at WB Games (WA, US), Audio Design Editor at ESPN (CT, US), Audio Product Planner at Vectorworks (Remote), Sound Designer at Starbreeze (Sweden), Sound Designer at Paradox Interactive (Sweden), Intermediate/Senior Audio Programmer at IO Interactive (Denmark/Sweden), Sound Designer at ESPN (CT, US), and Film Sound Mix Technician at Halo Post Production (England). (CA, US). Happy job hunting!
Highlight – sound stories this week:
• Sound designer Dean Martin Hovey on crafting Batman Unburied’s rich ambiences, designing the Batmobile, shaping signature character sounds for Batman, Poison Ivy, The Harvester, and much more!.
• Hear how the grand sound of Jurassic World Dominion was made in this new audio interview.
• Watch Sound Designer Brennan Mercer’s fantastic video on the sound design for the Halo series here.
• Go behind the legendary sound of the Jurassic Park franchise in these 4 film sound design features.
Company: Playground Games
Location: Leamington Spa, UK
Playground Games is looking for a highly skilled Audio Designer to join our Forza Horizon Team. In this role, you will use your talents within the world of audio to help shape the soundscape of our titles.
We are looking for a passionate Audio Designer, always looking for ways to improve the sound and technology used in our games. You will be a team player, eager to share your own expertise and ideas in a collaborative environment.
You should have a keen ear demonstrating an attention to detail with an understanding of what makes something sound truly amazing. As an avid gamer, you should have a solid understanding of current games and have a well-informed opinion on what makes those titles sound so good.
This role would suit someone with a raw passion and enthusiasm for audio in games and wider multi-media. A keen interest in music, current music trends and game music implementation is also highly valuable.
We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and experience levels looking to make the best sounding games possible.Skill Summary:
- Experience of working on current-gen consoles.
- Knowledge of modern implementation software such as FMOD or Wwise, ideally having shipped AAA games using either.
- A detailed knowledge of the most common DAWs and plugins.
- An incredibly keen ear for audio production detail.
- The ability to adapt to new technology and game engine tools.
- Location and studio based recording experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent technical and problem solving abilities.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the world's most exciting games studio's, using cutting edge technology to create world class games, within a successful, highly talented and collaborative team.
Location: Wroclaw, Poland
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones.
An internship at Dolby, offers impactful, project-based work experience in a collaborative, creative environment where you work side by side with industry leaders. Amplify your insatiable curiosity by implementing real-world solutions that revolutionize how people communicate and how entertainment is created, delivered, and enjoyed worldwide. For anyone seeking to gain invaluable expertise through meaningful, personal contributions, join us to design a future where technology meets entertainment!Summary:
You will become a member of a team exploring business opportunities for the Dolby AC-4 audio codec. You will help develop AC-4 Next Generation Audio platforms and proof of concepts to support demonstrations and trials that shape the future of broadcasted streaming media.Responsibilities:
We want you to help us improve and extend the Experimental Next Generation Audio playback platform. On a daily basis, you will work on the media player tailored to showcase advanced immersive, personalization, and accessibility use-cases to prove the value of new user experiences.
During the internship, you will learn about standards, software architecture, software implementation, frameworks, debugging technics, and much more. You will work with cutting-edge audio and video technologies for the broadcast and streaming industry. You will have the pleasure to work in the agile, cross-functional, and cross-geo environment.Qualifications:
- Studying Computer Science or comparable field:
- An analytic approach to software design.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Good C programming skills.
- Knowledge of C++.
- Knowledge of GStreamer or similar multimedia framework.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
Company: Midnight Society
Midnight Society is a AAA game development studio building a PVP online multiplayer game from the ground up in Unreal Engine 5. We support fully remote development and offer highly competitive salary and benefits packages for team members and their families. We are focused on building a 'Day Zero' Community, incorporating player involvement at all stages of development.In this role you will
- Work with the Creative Director and engineering team to deliver world class audio for PVP multiplayer
- Have an obsession with driving gameplay through audio and perfecting combat audio
- Work with weapon designerjobins, level designers, and combat designers to compliment designs through audio
- Work with Audio team to capture, edit, and implement audio that captures the vision for the game
- Work with engineering to develop tools and techniques for proper sound design to enhance PVP combat and not distract from it
- A passion for the shooter genre
- Obsess over the mix between local-audio, global-audio, and world-audio
- A technical mindset on how to leverage UE5 and proprietary tools to give designers full control of sound design
- An understanding on how crucial sound design is to a shooter experience and willingness to fight for it's prioritzation
- Experience designing audio systems or sound design in a AAA experience, preferably an online shooter
Location: Menlo Park, CA, US
Meta’s Enterprise Engineering (EE) and Sound Design teams have built an 18-month apprenticeship program focused on the sound and tech industries. This innovative role will have multi-functional responsibility and a combination of critical connection points for our internal customers. This is an incredible opportunity to gain corporate work experience and an introduction to new technologies in both the audio and IT industries. Our Enterprise Support organization provides frontline support to Meta employees across the world. Our goal is to deliver excellent technical/non-technical support with outstanding customer service, satisfaction and timeliness. The Sound Design (SD) team collaborates with teams across Meta to design and deliver world-class sound. From voice and music to interactive and immersive audio, SD drives innovation that is shaping the future of audio. Sound Studio Apprentices work out of our 12,000 square foot studio facility known as Ardenwood Studios. This is a full-time, short-term apprenticeship position.Sound Studio Apprentice Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot or escalate issues as appropriate, in a timely manner ensuring clear and effective communication throughout the cycle of support, providing end-user assistance where required until the issue has been resolved.
- When necessary, be the first point of contact for end users to receive support and maintenance within the organization’s desktop computing, mobile devices, and application system environment (whether locally at the Helpdesk or remotely).
- Assist customers and ensure proper documentation and closure of assigned cases as you grow your knowledge of IT procedures, products, and services.
- Drive internal communication and priority within the business and Meta headquarters to ensure consistency across the EE Organization.
- Travel between offices is expected.
- Assist in maintaining a creative working environment for employees and visitors.
- Develop a working knowledge of practical skills with industry-standard recording, music, and post production applications.
- Support the studios team in preparation of the facility for recording sessions.
- Learn integration techniques and assist with technical studio upgrades.
- Research and support studio equipment rentals, vendor communication, and events.
- Build connections with customers and team members through effective communication and collaboration and in delivering results in a goal-oriented environment.
- 6+ months recording/sound production training or equivalent amateur level experience.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of G-Suite applications.
- 1+ years of customer service experience.
- 1+ years of experience in support and troubleshooting Windows & Mac OS platforms (Mac OSX 10.10+, Windows 8 or above), including mobile devices running Apple iOS & Android mobile operating systems (Preferred professional support role).
- 1+ years of experience with setup and configuration of end-user desktop and laptop computer hardware, software, printers, phones, cell phones, and peripherals.
- 6+ months of experience working with cloud-based file sharing services such as Dropbox, OneDrive, iCloud, or equivalent.
- 1+ years of experience working with a ticketing system such as Asana, Remedy, ServiceNow, or equivalent.
- Experience in a recording studio environment.
- Experience with handling prioritization of time sensitive problems and escalations – experience to self-manage.
- Experience problem-solving technologically complex issues.
- Proven knowledge of creative software tools and experience leveraging that knowledge to influence professionals in the audio or IT support space.