We came across interesting new jobs at Blackbird Interactive, Rare, Wargaming, and ZeniMax Online Studios – and they’re looking for a Lead Audio Designer (BC, Canada), Music Intern (England), Audio Director (Germany), and Senior Audio Engineer (MD, US).
We also found openings for an Audio Tech Programmer at Ubisoft Blue Byte (Germany), C++ Sound Programmer at Ubisoft Montreal (QC, Canada), Audio Artist at EA Create (BC, Canada), Sound Designer at DICE LA (CA, US), Freelance Sound Designer at Hero Beat Studios (Remote), Tools Engineer – Frostbite, Audio and Movie Team at EA Frostbite (WA, US and BC, Canada), Lead Sound Designer at Survios (CA, US), and QA Engineer – Audio at Sega Europe (England).
Company: Blackbird Interactive
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Blackbird Interactive is looking for a creative and talented Audio leader to join one of our teams. We are deeply passionate about audio, from sound effects, to speech, to music, and we know how such a small piece of the overall effort can have such a dramatic impact on the ability for our games to stir your soul.
The role we are seeking to fill is a leadership position on a AAA third person action strategy game. This project is already underway, and the role involves taking the reins of the audio vision, adding your creative brilliance to the mix, guiding the audio team, owning the audio content, and delivering a fantastic finished project.Responsibilities
- Drive and communicate the audio vision, in conjunction with the Game Director.
- Lead the day-to-day operation of the project’s audio team.
- Ensure that the vision for the project is being met.
- Be hands-on and involved with audio feature design, content creation, and implementation.
- Work with audio programmers to realize the audio features needed for the project.
- Submit final audio files on or before the required deadlines.
- Do quality control review for the project’s audio (pre-CQC) on all applicable platforms.
- Inspire and support team members, and accept personal responsibility for the project deliverables.
- Monitor deliverable progress, manage assigned scope and requested changes, meet commitments, follow up, and be on time.
- Worked on at least three large scale, cross platform titles.
- Shipped a game project from start to finish as an Audio Lead or equivalent.
- Strong sound design and implementation skills.
- Experience handling speech end-to-end on a video game project, including everything from ensuring all writing is taking place, working with a database to track files, attending and directing English VO sessions, plus working with external localization parties on submitting content for translation and dealing with recorded assets in other languages.
- Experience using Wwise or Fmod.
- Completely comfortable with modern audio gear, software, and recording techniques, with a high level of proficiency in at least one DAW.
- Solid knowledge of PC and Mac hardware and software.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good creative and technical thinker.
- Work well as part of a team.
- 6+ years of proven gameplay development .
- Multiple shipped products, preferably 3rd person action or Strategy.
- Interest in science fiction and fantasy settings and stories.
- Demonstrated passion for entertainment products / media (i.e. comics, movies, novels, etc.)
At Blackbird, we’re all about being true to our roots. We started small in our CEO’s garage, and even though we’re expanding, our desire is to stick to that foundation of creativity, community, and collaboration. Our team has proved that great ideas can come from any position in any discipline, so it’s important to us to make sure every voice is heard.
Work/life balance is extremely important to us, and we’ve demonstrated that over the years by severely limiting over-time requirements. We want people to be happy about coming to work every day, and to that end we offer lots of opportunities for growth and development–whether it’s lunch and learns, team events, or our generous vacation days, paid holiday closure and flexible schedules. We also try to provide every opportunity possible for our employees to spearhead R&D initiatives through our BlackOps program. In short, don’t expect to feel like a cog in a machine working for BBI.
Must be eligible and available for Full Time & On-site work in Vancouver, BC.
Please send a cover letter with your resume and application. If applying for an artistic role, please provide a link to your portfolio and/or demo reel.
Blackbird Interactive is committed to persity and building and sustaining a perse and inclusive workforce. As an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified inpiduals. BBI does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.
Location: Warwickshire, UK
Rare: we’re not your typical developer. Our 30+ years in the game-making business have been dedicated to crafting one beloved title after another, constantly trying new things, and infusing the fun we have every day into the games we create. Check out the Rare Replay collection for three whirlwind decades of evidence! We strive to keep Rare a fantastic place to work, from its beautiful location and state-of-the-art facilities to a strong focus on work/life balance.
If you’re a keen gamer, chances are you’ve already caught wind of our epic shared world pirate adventure Sea of Thieves, released in March 2018 and a journey we’re committed to for the long haul even as we begin to think about what’s out there beyond the horizon. With every day bringing new challenges and discoveries in equal measure, there’s never been a more rewarding time to join our daredevil crew!Responsibilities
Do you consider music to be one of the most important elements in a video game? Do you live and breathe music and music theory? Then you may just be our next Intern!
As a Music Intern at Rare, you would be joining our outstanding audio team alongside Ivor Novello winning composer Robin Beanland. Your job will be to help drive the musical landscape in our games, giving our players an unforgettable playing experience. You’ll deal with both the technical and aesthetic design, as well as prototyping, planning and overseeing the musical presentation in the game.
As an intern at Rare, you play a vital role in our team right in the action of games development. Not only would you be working in our top-class facility, but you’ll be supported by some of the best game developers in the industry. We value the fresh mindset and exciting ideas that come with our interns and support their growth wherever possible. In turn, we’re looking for individuals who want to make the best out of their time with us and develop as both professional game developers and individuals.
If this sounds like you, keep reading…Key Responsibilities
· Build captivating audio assets that express the emotional gestalt of a scene through connections of the various audio, visual, and gameplay elements.
· Apply in-depth knowledge of the spectrum of viable musical techniques which result in highly believable and immersive musical cues for various game areas.
· Use knowledge of audio asset preparation, implementation and in-game mixing.
· Capable of writing music to a high compositional standard, in a variety of musical styles from orchestral to contemporary.
· Familiar with various DAWs, Pro-Tools, Ableton, FL studio etc.
· Hold an understanding of the technical constraints of music design for interactive media.
· Able to design within the limitations of the audio middleware, features that employ music as a major function of gameplay.
· A basic understanding of the code that pushes and manipulates audio content
· Work in collaboration with audio software engineers to create functional audio engine components
· Fantastic communication skills, initiative and passion for the craft
· Collaborative and proactive nature
· Interest in video games
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Location: Berlin, Germany
We are looking for an Audio Director to help create multi-platform AAA games. You have a good understanding of Unity development and are comfortable with multi-platform projects including mobile, PC, and consoles.
In your Cover Letter letter please include the following:
– List of games you’ve created audio for
– Links to any music you have composed
– Links to any other audio related work you have done for film, television, or additional media
The Audio Director reports directly to the Executive ProducerWhat will you do?
- Define the tone of audio soundscape for the game
- Conceptualize and create unique sound effects
- Proactively work with the development team to implement sound effects; ability add audio hooks within C# code
- Utilize technical skills to ensure sound effects meet game requirements including voice channel limits, memory management, prioritization, etc.
- Investigate sound effect issues to debug, fix, and ensure sounds play correctly in the game
- Communicate ideas and technical details clearly with other teams/departments
- Create and maintain the audio schedule
- Self motivated with the drive to push the audio quality to the highest standards
- Highly proficient at original sound effect creation, mixing, and processing
- Understanding of audio physics principles
- Experience with Unity, Wwise, REAPER, Pro Tools, Logic, Live, Audition, Sound Forge, Waves, and other plugins
- Proficient with multitrack project mixing software/hardware and session set-up
- Experience with mixing stereo and surround sound formats
- Thorough understanding of audio compression technologies and surround sound formats
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Playing an instrument is a plus
- Ability to compose music a plus
- Joining an international team of people passionate about gaming
- Working in one of the main European hubs for multi-paltform game development
- Startup within a company with 20 years of experience in game development
- Unlimited leave upon manager approval
- Public transportation ticket
- Company cell phone of your choice
- Gym membership
- Snacks, drinks, and fruit in the office
- Home Internet reimbursement
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts. Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!
Company: ZeniMax Online Studios
Location: Hunt Valley, MD, US
ZeniMax Online Studios is looking for a Senior Audio Engineer to develop audio systems in our new engine for the studio’s next AAA project.Qualifications
- Familiarity with Wwise audio middleware
- 7+ years of software development experience
- Robust programming skills/experience in C++
- Solid architecture, system design, and analytical skills
- Self-motivated and energetic team player with a strong work ethic and cooperative attitude
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Excellent math skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to write clear, maintainable, portable code
- Strong debugging skills
- Architect and implement audio systems and features from the ground up in our new engine
- Refine systems throughout the development cycle of the project
- Collaborate with sound designers, artists, designers and other engineers for feature development
- Code to clearly defined performance and memory usage specs
- Experience developing for multiple platforms (Windows, PS4, Xbox One)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with network game client/server architecture